• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)
It's been weird. 6:30 am. Noon. After noon

Just have to check when I wake up then...nothing else I can do then. Of course I'd rather they release the Maleficient stuff at the moment

disney store UK has restocked a lot of items, the toddler plush are online and the olaf towel! ordered the plush before I saw the towel so hopes it hangs around, ive been waiting for that one xD

My toddler plushies came today! so in love with them :D :D

10255615_10203594485760929_2140400459407698641_n.jpg

OMG guys!!!
I got the soundtrack and it's damaged (i think) but it's so dazzlingly beautiful to the point where I no longer care.
It's absolutely marvelous. A work of art. Visually stunning... So so so good... XD
This was the very first record I have ever seen in person. Actually second. My dorm room had a half-broken record with my name on it :p
But guys, it's beautiful!

The soundtrack is very similar to the Deluxe edition CD soundtrack, with the foil and embossed logo.
The inside overlay of the Anna and Elsa teaser is a work of art, and the foil makes it beautiful.

Blue vinyl: The blue vinyl record has a striking color. Catches your eyes. The stickers however (in the middle) are kinda off, and sloppily added. But I doubt I'll ever listen to the record itself.

The Etched design: I was kinda hoping that it would be whiter than it is. It's just basically a clear-on-blue etch. It's really easy to see under the right light and but hard to take pictures of. Lord knows how Stitch Kingdom got great pictures.

The while/silver vinyl is actually clear. And is actually my favorite color. I love the blue, but I feel like this clear vinyl represents ice at it's most beautiful color. It's just simply clear. Icy white clear, I guess. :p

The poster is a picture of the main 5, including hans! And has signatures of both song writers. Robert on top of Kristoff (i think) and Kristen on Elsa's cape.

I am absolutely floored at the beauty of this record and my jaw is still dropping.
The back has a number printed and my number is 739.
Was it worth $75? Heck yes! It's beautiful T_______T
I'm sorry, I have an exam tomorrow and I've been studying all day and this just made my day.

Anyways...
Back to the problem.
I am no vinyl expert. But my first vinyl (the one with the main songs) has a lot of black markings on it.
I'll post an image. Do you guys think this will effect the sound if I ever decide to listen to it?

I'm trying to spot the black markings but I can't see any.. Basically the only thing that will really effect the way the vinyl spins is:
A scratch that you might be able to fit your finger nail in
a bubble
crack
built up dust
warped disc

From the two photos you gave it doesn't look like anything is out of place to me

I'm trying to spot the black markings but I can't see any.. Basically the only thing that will really effect the way the vinyl spins is:
A scratch that you might be able to fit your finger nail in
a bubble
crack
built up dust
warped disc

From the two photos you gave it doesn't look like anything is out of place to me

Hope that helps. :) And thank you so much for responding!!

It's that time of the week again.
If anyone is at the stores tomorrow and sees an Elsa singing doll, would you mind grabbing one for me?
None of the stores around are getting the doll anymore. :(

Thank you in advance.

If anyone is at the stores tomorrow and sees an Elsa singing doll, would you mind grabbing one for me?
None of the stores around are getting the doll anymore. :(

Thank you in advance.

Do you mean not getting it anymore for good? if so that's odd in so Cal we're still getting both singing dolls unless you're outside of the US

Do you mean not getting it anymore for good? if so that's odd in so Cal we're still getting both singing dolls unless you're outside of the US

I called both of my stores and they said that they won't be getting them anymore. :(
I'm in the US, Colorado.

In case anyone is interested there is some cute Frozen stuff on zulily today. Not really toys, but lots of shirts (some even in black and white that are pretty cool and adult sized) and pens, desk stuff, stickers, wall decals, and such :)

Has anyone's stores gotten more of the womens elsa shirt? Teal v neck? I managed to get the anna shirt, but have been looking everywhere for the elsa one in a large with no luck :(

LONG DESCRIPTION OF MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE SATURDAY'S SUPER RESTOCK

had a super chill experience at today's restock.

i got there pretty early, around 7:40. there were only a few people in line at the time. i had no trouble settling in. they had markers out telling people where the line up started and it was tucked away in the hall that led to the exit. i spent most of my time reading. the wait wasn't bad at all. the other people in line were super friendly, discussing merchandise, laughing at the reactions of people passing by and talking about all sorts of things. i didn't mind bystanders commenting on our "dedication" as someone put it, because people often line up at concerts and black friday sales, among other things. i didn't think us lining up for frozen things was that weird. anyway, i came to appreciate the parents who waited to buy merchandise for their kids. it was way too early on a saturday to be doing that, but people did so anyway. that's how they chose to spend their time and it's super cool. i saw some familiar faces from my other trips to the location and they also recognized me. we chatted briefly but mostly waited for the store to open.

the cast members were extremely patient and kind. they smiled, explained things, answered questions and came to check up on us every so often. they had a system of getting us in in an orderly fashion. i was very impressed.

i thought the line would be longer, honestly. more and more people started coming in at around 9 ish and the line started winding around because there was not enough space in the little hall we were in. i couldn't say how many people were there; i'm horrible at estimating.

it was time to go in at 10. we were only allowed two of the same item per person. people just started racking things up though, getting a lot of things in doubles, which is totally fine, but it made the people who were waiting to get to the cashier nervous. we had to ask for the items, and it sort of sucks that we were not able to choose, but it's understandable. even with this orderly system, it was still sort of hectic. merchandise was flying off the shelves, being replaced, and gone again. people were 'maxing out' quite a bit. one person asked me to buy a classic elsa for them, which was totally fine with me.

for the merchandise, there were all the dolls except the classic set and the anna classic. there were not a lot of singing anna dolls either. they had princess accessories like shoes, tiaras, and a few dresses i believe. they had a set i posted the picture of, which was surprising because i thought it would sell out on friday when i first saw it. finally, they had plushies of olaf and sven, but i mostly just saw dolls go. i stayed for a few minutes after, looking at things and could only recall those things.

now for the loot i guess, if you can even call it that. i originally wanted the snow globe but a cast member, who was super friendly and awesome to talk to, said that they haven't seen them in a while. she was extremely helpful and gave me a few tips. however, i was mostly there for the singing elsa. i read a review of her in comparison to the limited edition doll and thought it would be a nice cheaper substitute. i am not really a fan of frozen (shocker!) but i always liked ice queen fairy tales (there is this really cool finnish one called "lumikuningatar") and elsa as a character grew on me. i really love her dress and her sort of semi see through cape. and i love snow, partly why i am so into snow globes.

some color on her lip is gone (just a tiny tiny bit that's fixable), her strand of her is a little thin so it's bothering me a little but other than that, she has really dramatic eyelashes on one side and not really on the other, which is fine, considering i am probably going to take her out of the box and display her slightly on the side. maybe i will even alter her, although i don't like doing so with merch.

in any case, i'm done. so done.
mug + doll = i'm happy with these.

my present to myself for ending the semester on a great note.

i wish you all the best with looking and buying merchandise! c:

Last edited:
I just got back from my Disney Store.

Got there at around 9:00. Store opens at 10:00.
There were already over 10 people waiting in line.
Had to sit through an hour of people complaining and moaning about how Disney is an evil corporation and how they blame disney for their kids' sadness and their loss of sleep. Of course... I tried to defend the company a bit, explaining to them stuff from my supply chain class :p
Employees were friendly enough, most seemed to have that condescending and annoyed attitude.
Apparently you don't get to pick the size you want for the Elsa costume. They will just randomly call out names from the drawings and give them the size that comes up (that kinda bothered me). Also, if they call the names and no body is there, they don't call out another name, they just put the dress back in stock for next week, which was unfair to those who waited. They should have made sure that someone took home the dress.

We were only allowed ONE of each item and maximum for 4 items. Employees closely monitored families. My store got Animators' Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff. Medium Olaf plush and Elsa classic doll.
I got up to the counter and asked for one of each of the animators' dolls, the employee looked at me and scoffed "All three? Each one of them? Anna, Elsa and Kristoff?" and I was like: "You know what, and the Elsa classic doll, and I'll take a Hans animators' if you have one" -_-"
Anyways.. Got out of the store with the 4 dolls, all of their boxes are damaged BTW and it is very clear that these were so rushed in production. Very very clear.

The experience was all right. Still sad that they didn't get singing Elsa, but I could care less at this point. I got these and I'm done!

Thank you to everyone who put up with me and the complaining in the past few days.
You guys are the best. T___T

I just got back from my Disney Store.

Got there at around 9:00. Store opens at 10:00.
There were already over 10 people waiting in line.
Had to sit through an hour of people complaining and moaning about how Disney is an evil corporation and how they blame disney for their kids' sadness and their loss of sleep. Of course... I tried to defend the company a bit, explaining to them stuff from my supply chain class :p
Employees were friendly enough, most seemed to have that condescending and annoyed attitude.
Apparently you don't get to pick the size you want for the Elsa costume. They will just randomly call out names from the drawings and give them the size that comes up (that kinda bothered me). Also, if they call the names and no body is there, they don't call out another name, they just put the dress back in stock for next week, which was unfair to those who waited. They should have made sure that someone took home the dress.

We were only allowed ONE of each item and maximum for 4 items. Employees closely monitored families. My store got Animators' Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff. Medium Olaf plush and Elsa classic doll.
I got up to the counter and asked for one of each of the animators' dolls, the employee looked at me and scoffed "All three? Each one of them? Anna, Elsa and Kristoff?" and I was like: "You know what, and the Elsa classic doll, and I'll take a Hans animators' if you have one" -_-"
Anyways.. Got out of the store with the 4 dolls, all of their boxes are damaged BTW and it is very clear that these were so rushed in production. Very very clear.

The experience was all right. Still sad that they didn't get singing Elsa, but I could care less at this point. I got these and I'm done!

Thank you to everyone who put up with me and the complaining in the past few days.
You guys are the best. T___T

rushed in production in what way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back