• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozen Disney Store Merchandise, What are you looking forward to? (Contains Spoilers)
That's a super cute custom of bed hair Anna! Lol

So a few weeks ago I ran into the mattel version of Frozen Fever Singing Elsa doll and I noticed that it's NOT Idina Menzel who is singing in the doll. I thought it might be a mattel licensing issue.

But last week it was revealed that DisneyStore was releasing their own version of the Frozen Fever singing dolls.
Anna's parts were weird and Disney could have done a much better job.
Elsa on the other hand.... It looks like Idina Menzel demanded a lot of money because that is not her voice coming out of the doll!

[video=youtube;rt6_yUzHk_4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt6_yUzHk_4[/video]

i thought it was a different take of the song. it sounds similar to idina to me.

I thought so too.. but when she sings "If it's the last thing I do! For everything you are to me and all you've been through" It sounds like a completely different person. A completely different tone. Like Kristen Bell. It's not Idina.

Has anyone here seen the new Frozen figure set that has the King, Queen, Marshmallow, and basically every character? Or, more importantly, has anyone seen the Frozen Fever Sketchbook ornament set that I somehow missed when they showed up online?

They had the big Frozen figure set in my Disney Store and also a few other new things ( a new Sven plush with a snowflake on his tongue and I think a new Olaf plush too). I bought the figure set and it is really impressive - I never would have imagined the King and Queen would have had figures made of them. There's also a Star Wars figure set with the same amount of figures in it (not sure if anyone here is interested in that though lol).

Megfan, can I ask you how much the frozen figure megaset costs? (I know it'll be in pounds but I can at least try to estimate how much it'll be)

They had the big Frozen figure set in my Disney Store and also a few other new things ( a new Sven plush with a snowflake on his tongue and I think a new Olaf plush too). I bought the figure set and it is really impressive - I never would have imagined the King and Queen would have had figures made of them. There's also a Star Wars figure set with the same amount of figures in it (not sure if anyone here is interested in that though lol).

Could you post a picture of them? :)

I am incredibly indecisive, so I want to hear your opinions... I found Kristoff on eBay and bought him. I totally shouldn't have, but I just figured I'd get outbid and then I didn't... Now I'm the proud owner of the gorgeous Kristoff doll. I was in love with the designer Kristanna set because Anna's face is just too adorable. Now I have an 18" Kristoff and I feel like I should have a matching 17" Anna. I actually really like the olive green "summer" one that goes, so that's convenient. But...My mom would kill me if I bought Anna and the Kristanna set... I just don't know what to do and I want to know what you guys think. I'm not in the country, so I have absolutely no way to see any dolls in person and can only base my decision on pictures I've found online. Thanks!

I am incredibly indecisive, so I want to hear your opinions... I found Kristoff on eBay and bought him. I totally shouldn't have, but I just figured I'd get outbid and then I didn't... Now I'm the proud owner of the gorgeous Kristoff doll. I was in love with the designer Kristanna set because Anna's face is just too adorable. Now I have an 18" Kristoff and I feel like I should have a matching 17" Anna. I actually really like the olive green "summer" one that goes, so that's convenient. But...My mom would kill me if I bought Anna and the Kristanna set... I just don't know what to do and I want to know what you guys think. I'm not in the country, so I have absolutely no way to see any dolls in person and can only base my decision on pictures I've found online. Thanks!

The troll wedding set isn't on display in stores anywhere, I think... I don't think most (any?) of us have seen it. I have Kristoff and Epilogue Anna and I love them, but not everyone likes Epilogue Anna because she has the sheen on her face and tinsel in her hair. I don't think either of those are the case with the troll wedding set. So if you have a preference about that, it may help. I also find that the smaller dolls have less detail than the larger dolls and that looks to be the case with the troll wedding set, from the pics I've seen. So...detail with tinsel and sheen, or less detail with no tinsel and sheen?

Tough decision. On the one hand, I think the 17" Kristoff and summer Anna would look wonderful together, but only if you can get past Anna's tinsel and shiny skin. I think that is the only thing holding back the Anna doll. If you can look past that, then she is a wonderful doll and she seems like she would look great standing beside Kristoff. On the other hand, the troll designer set is absolutely adorable. Yeah they do look a lot like their classic dolls (especially poor Kristoff), but I honestly think its one of the best looking designer sets coming out this year. Plus, where else are you going to find a doll set of them in the troll outfits that isn't a custom made one? So if I had to choose between the Anna and the designer set, I would go with the designer set. Its such a cute set, and its the cheaper and more space efficient of the two options.

It might help to see some Youtube reviews on the 17" Anna. I find videos better than photos when I can't decide. Chad Allen did one several months ago... https://youtu.be/-ebhvQQu12o

I haven't seen the set in person, so I can't comment it on it as compared to the 17" Anna I own. I personally think the Anna doll is quite lovely and have absolutely no complaint about her. I even like the hair and shiny skin. It makes her stand out more from the other editions, and to me, the skin looks winter-like. It just comes down to personal tastes. The fact is the doll is very well made (great clothes, great face up), but a little different in some areas, so it's whether or not you like those odd little things. You can also find some decent deals on Ebay right now. The doll isn't that popular compared to the others and most the people interested in Disney LE dolls are probably focused on ordering the current LE dolls instead of the back dated ones due to the costs. I know I am. I'm seeing a lot of dolls I'd like to bid on, but I can't with all the new LE's coming out, so I'm thinking there's less competition right now for it, and scalpers went crazy over the last Frozen dolls so there's quite a few out there.

If I had to make the choice I'd pick 17" Anna, but again, I like everything about the doll. I also find larger dolls more appealing, and I wouldn't want Kristoff alone. My reasoning would also be that the 17" Anna doll is a smaller edition size than the Kristanna set, so in theory, the Kristanna set should be easier to get in the future. There aren't any guarantees, of course.

I think it's a hard choice, but go with your gut. You know which one you really want. They're all well made, so it's just your personal taste. Try to visualize owning each doll separately and imagine it's all over and that's it. That's the one you got. Are you happy? Or flip a coin and tell yourself that's it, you're committed to that result... are you happy with the results, or not? You can reason it to death, but go with what's going to make you the happiest right now. It kind of sounds like you want the couple set the most and almost feel obligated to buy 17" Anna. Although you may like the doll, do you really want her? It also sounds like you like Kristoff, but maybe you didn't want him as much. Remember, you're not stuck with him. You can always sell him or trade him. Do you still want him, or would you be happier without him? If you didn't have him, would you still want the 17" Anna doll, or just the set?

I don't know your situation, but another idea is to talk it out with your mother. She knows you and may give you some good advice. Of course, use your own discretion. I'm an adult, but honestly wouldn't have gone that route with my mother, but she's very negative.

And BTW... been there, done that, with the accidental winning bid... I feel your pain. :)

Wouldn't it be easier just to use the new Frozen Fever Anna doll being released? They are both in those outfits together in Frozen Fever?

Wouldn't it be easier just to use the new Frozen Fever Anna doll being released? They are both in those outfits together in Frozen Fever?
I honestly didn't even think of that, now I have another Anna doll to consider!

Also, thanks so much everyone else for your input.. it's definitely helping me think. I've been talking to my mom about it and we're trying to figure out what to do.

There's new Frozen Fever mini doll sets, deluxe figures set, and a deluxe doll set showing up in new arrivals. As well as some new Elsa mugs that look pretty nice. I'm hoping the dolls will be around for at least a month, otherwise, no way can I get them with the new LE dolls coming out. Last year the deluxe doll set sold out pretty quickly. I love the mini doll sets. I ordered the ones they had last year and they were so well detailed for the size. I would have liked to have ordered an extra set of each.

Frozen Fever pop vinyls have shown up at Hot Topic, got both Elsa and Anna, they are $6 more than regular pop vinyls since they both come with 3 snowgies each.

Do the dolls in the Deluxe set for $99.95 sing? I saw it at the DS when I went last weekend and while I like all the accessories, the dolls looked the same as the $35 set that I got earlier this year. I passed cause I thought they were just the same dolls, but if they sing, I may have to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back