Furries!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by pretty Omi, Feb 9, 2018.

1. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

That's right, those crazy animal people!
    I'm just looking to see who else on this little board may be a part of this hobby I enjoy so much! Show me your character, tell me where you're from, show me your fursuit or costume! Even if you don't consider yourself a furry, maybe you draw anthro art, or still have an anthro character to show off! If you don't wanna post here publicly, hit me up in a PM!

For the rest of ya'll, what's a furry you ask? A VERY basic explanation is that we are fans of anthropomorphic animals, so think Robin Hood and Zootopia especially (they walk upright, wear clothes, take the place of humans), but also Lady and the Tramp and Lion King (they talk, they have human characteristics/defined personalities, show emotions like a human, etc). Some of us create our own characters to represent ourselves, and some of us also make costumes (known as fursuits!). We exist all over the world, and some of us travel to conventions which take place all over too! There are some big ones in San Jose, Chicago, Pittsburg, and even places like Germany! Cool right?

I've noticed several furries are into pin trading, and there's even a big trend right now for artists to make their own (non-Disney) pin designs showcasing their artwork! Super cool!

So obviously, I'm very loud and proud and open to being a furry. I've been known in several other boards, and even at Disneyland as being a furry. My collections pretty clearly showcase this too. I wore one of my old fursuits to a Pin Trading Night! (Yes really). I also used to wear a tail to other events and to the parks often.

[​IMG]
    So this is my fursona, she's a little Mexican wolf (wish a smidge of fox thrown in, for trickyness!)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here's a couple of badges I have of her

[​IMG]
    This is my old costume. My old fursona was a red panda, but this suit got uncomfortable to wear, and since I wasn't feeling like a panda anymore, she's retired.

[​IMG]
    I still run around now as this guy tho!

So, who else is on here?!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    snwwht85 and Sami like this.
  2. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    336   0   0

Have you heard of Coast to Coast Critters? I wonder if they are a similar organization. They march in our DooDah Parade.

3. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

I am not a furry, but I think your Mexican wolf character (“fursona”) is adorable. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

Long time fur here. How ever I actually have never had a fursona! I'll be attending Califur this year as aa vendor

5. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I just realized I never thanked you for the compliment, glad you like my little wolfy gal :3

PixiePost likes this.
  6. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Oh nice! I was on staff for 5 years for that con ^^

7. PinPuff

PinPuff Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Here! I've only attended FWA back in 2014 and had a blast, I just don't live too close to any cons so I don't have a chance to go very often!

I had a suit by SunnyValleyCreations called Beans (Great Dane), about two years ago, but eventually sold him back to them as I don't have the time to suit / don't really ever go to cons! Have recently created a new dingo character named Baby who I love :) Kinda obvious I am one due to my collection of Bolt / Dodger pins, haha

Cool to see another furry here! Your avatar is sweet btw B)

8. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I totally remember your suit! Sorry to hear you don't get to make it out to too many cons, maybe that'll change sometime. I don't do a lot of cons right now cuz I don't like my most local con, and yeah I haven't really been up for traveling to the others, but we have a monthly night club meet up thing that's cool and they allow fursuiting!
    I also collect Bolt! Love him!
    My current avatar was drawn by Aspen Eyes! I was using one previously drawn by Sirod :3

9. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I have heard of them, and I'm familiar with the Doo Dah Parade! Been invited to march with them, but it always seems to happen on a date I have other obligations.