• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Disney Store finally put out their Villian items and they still have litho's and I was told they will have 37 of each doll.

I guess that most stores will probably have about the same quanity?

I just ordered my Ursula mug!
Does anyone know if the dolls will be individually sold online? Or do you HAVE to order them as a set?

If you click the banner on the site it will tell you the release dates. They will be available online every Tuesday after the store releases on Mondays.

I'm going to hope that they limit the number of each doll people can purchase online. No offense to anyone who does it, but I hate to miss out on one of the dolls because someone was able to put five of each in their basket only to resell them on eBay at five times what they paid for them. But some how, I don't think they'll do that. Though I did read on the Disney blog that the Disney Stores were going to only let so many people get the dolls, kind of like a drawing I guess. I just hope I can get one of each! I do wish there were more of them or at least some of the male villains. Hook, Jafar and Frollo would be in my shopping basket so fast!

I'm going to hope that they limit the number of each doll people can purchase online. No offense to anyone who does it, but I hate to miss out on one of the dolls because someone was able to put five of each in their basket only to resell them on eBay at five times what they paid for them. But some how, I don't think they'll do that. Though I did read on the Disney blog that the Disney Stores were going to only let so many people get the dolls, kind of like a drawing I guess. I just hope I can get one of each! I do wish there were more of them or at least some of the male villains. Hook, Jafar and Frollo would be in my shopping basket so fast!

I think they will be limited to one per order. That won't prevent people from placing multiple orders, but it will slow them down at least.

Ahhh very true! I haven't looked at mine in a while. Can't remember. Lol

Just checked my set and it says LE 500 on the back of the cover folder...but at the Expo, they broke up some sets to give out individual Lithos with the Silver Cinderalla dolls - there were 250 of the special dolls which means 25 less complete litho sets.

Our Disney Store finally put out their Villian items and they still have litho's and I was told they will have 37 of each doll.

I guess that most stores will probably have about the same quanity?

37 of each doll??? Does that mean 37 total dolls or 222 dolls? I read each store on the list is only supposed to receive 6 of each doll. So 36 total dolls would make more sense. Unless they are giving more to special locations like Times Square and stuff?

37 of each doll??? Does that mean 37 total dolls or 222 dolls? I read each store on the list is only supposed to receive 6 of each doll. So 36 total dolls would make more sense. Unless they are giving more to special locations like Times Square and stuff?

222 Dolls for OP's store. Participating stores are guaranteed a minimum of 6 dolls of each of the six villains. Higher traffic stores will get more than others, especially Times Square.

Last edited:
The stores close to me don't have any Designer Villain items out yet. A CM at one of them told me that they are getting 20 of each Designer Villain doll. They had previously gotten 14 of the LE 7000 Merida dolls, and 16 of the LE 8000 Wedding Rapunzel dolls. He also told me that they are getting the Designer Villain items this week, but are not allowed to display them until Sept 10.

Good to know some CMs know what is going on. I went into my store last week and asked about Designer Villain items, and two CMs directed me to the general villain items that they've had. I elaborated, and both had no idea what the heck I was talking about. Normally I don't mind this, but for something like this it was a bit annoying that they didn't even have the vaguest idea as to what I meant.

The stores close to me don't have any Designer Villain items out yet. A CM at one of them told me that they are getting 20 of each Designer Villain doll. They had previously gotten 14 of the LE 7000 Merida dolls, and 16 of the LE 8000 Wedding Rapunzel dolls. He also told me that they are getting the Designer Villain items this week, but are not allowed to display them until Sept 10.

Good to know some CMs know what is going on. I went into my store last week and asked about Designer Villain items, and two CMs directed me to the general villain items that they've had. I elaborated, and both had no idea what the heck I was talking about. Normally I don't mind this, but for something like this it was a bit annoying that they didn't even have the vaguest idea as to what I meant.

which store did you go to? I live in the San Diego area as well

I went to the Fashion Valley Mall (aka hell on earth for the designer princess release).

Also, I'm a bit livid with the Disney store right now. I received a call wondering why the Designer Villain Doll Set did not go through on my card. I was told by customer service that it would not be charged until it shipped in October. They sent a message to billing, but I hope they don't cancel the order ><

I went to the Fashion Valley Mall (aka hell on earth for the designer princess release).

Also, I'm a bit livid with the Disney store right now. I received a call wondering why the Designer Villain Doll Set did not go through on my card. I was told by customer service that it would not be charged until it shipped in October. They sent a message to billing, but I hope they don't cancel the order ><

Which Cast Members did you talk to? Everyone at 365 is usually up to date, unless it was someone newly casted.
The Princess mania was nothing on the store's part, it was mall security. I believed them when they told me no line ups prior to 5 am, I get there and there's 30 people who were there since midnight.

There are some Cast Members whose knowledge only comes from when things arrive and are on stage, they don't search on the web and see stuff early like us fans do.

Basically all of the new people. I believe it's just good customer service to know these things though. I know it was mostly the mall security, but at the same time, one of the CMs told me to my face that she told everyone they could line up at a certain parking lot (which I had not been told when I had called all week). That said, I do feel on that end they needed to give out information that was the same for everyone.

And now, for the bad news.....

I got a call from The Disney Store today, and it turns out that they are charging for the Designer Villain doll sets now. If your card does not go through, you will have ten days to have the money and contact them, or else they will cancel your order. I spoke to the supervisor about this and was quite livid (as I expected to pay in October, since I had asked Disney Store Customer Service ahead of time and that was what I was told). I was given a very lame answer, in which basically I was told that some people "honestly forget" that they have these things pre-ordered, and in order to have a smooth release they want to be able to have these dolls available individually if someone's order is cancelled for a full set ahead of time. I was quite upset, and was offered little consolation, but.. That's life with Disney sometimes. I just thought I would give a heads up to you guys, because I know now I'm going to be spending the next few days scrounging up $513 to have ready within the next ten days. For those of you with that amount of money available on your cards, know that you are going to be charged. They tried making it better by calling it an authorization, but once he explained that no matter what the money will be blocked off until the shipping date he admitted that it basically is being charged now.

Which Cast Members did you talk to? Everyone at 365 is usually up to date, unless it was someone newly casted.
The Princess mania was nothing on the store's part, it was mall security. I believed them when they told me no line ups prior to 5 am, I get there and there's 30 people who were there since midnight.

There are some Cast Members whose knowledge only comes from when things arrive and are on stage, they don't search on the web and see stuff early like us fans do.

Thanks for the heads up, Selithiel. I just looked at my account, and there is a charge for the pre-order that posted yesterday (Aug 27). Good thing I have more than enough to cover it. That is really bad that they changed their policy about not charging for the pre-order until it ships. So with 6 weeks to go until it ships, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the Designer Villain dolls. They should have clearly stated this policy on the pre-order page. And if they just changed the policy on the fly after the pre-order was sold out, then they should have sent an email to all those who purchased the pre-order. In fact, I distinctly remember that the checkout page stated that my account would not be charged until the item shipped.

Now on a positive note, tonight I just received all the Designer Villain merchandise I ordered last Monday. Here are a couple of quick photos of them. They all look to be in perfect shape, and of excellent quality, although I haven't yet opened the sealed items. I will take more photos of those items later after I open the packages.

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Merchandise - First Look by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Merchandise - First Look - Mugs Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Merchandise - First Look - Mugs Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Thanks for the heads up, Selithiel. I just looked at my account, and there is a charge for the pre-order that posted yesterday (Aug 27). Good thing I have more than enough to cover it. That is really bad that they changed their policy about not charging for the pre-order until it ships. So with 6 weeks to go until it ships, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the Designer Villain dolls. They should have clearly stated this policy on the pre-order page. And if they just changed the policy on the fly after the pre-order was sold out, then they should have sent an email to all those who purchased the pre-order. In fact, I distinctly remember that the checkout page stated that my account would not be charged until the item shipped.

Now on a positive note, tonight I just received all the Designer Villain merchandise I ordered last Monday. Here are a couple of quick photos of them. They all look to be in perfect shape, and of excellent quality, although I haven't yet opened the sealed items. I will take more photos of those items later after I open the packages.

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Merchandise - First Look by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Merchandise - First Look - Mugs Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Merchandise - First Look - Mugs Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Great pics as always, DRJ1828! You always make the merchandise look so attractive. :) I got my shipment of Designer Villains merchandise in last evening, too, and most of it is the same stuff. I didn't get the compact this time (Designer Snow White's is prettier and better designed) and I only got 2 of the journals (Cruella and the Queen of Hearts). I did get the full range of non-cosmetics Cruella stuff for my mom (shirt, scarf, journal, and mug), since Cruella is my mom's favorite Disney villain. I like that the lithographs come in a soft plastic sleeve, which protected them well during shipping. I don't like the matte feel of the mugs (as compared to the smoother texture of the Designer Princess mugs), but they are good looking.

I just checked my CC and the only charges shown (as of this morning) are for the items that shipped (Litho and notecards). Pre-Order is still listed as active but not shipped. :dunno:

Look at your accounts again - are you sure the charges don't say pending? It may vary between different cards. I used Visa and there is a charge which is reserving the funds, but it hasn't gone through. It won't officially be completed until it ships.

My mug came today. The Lighting in my apartment does not do it justice.

Tea mug, tea mug on the wall,
Who's the most caffeinated of them all?

attachment.php

Last edited:
Update...

The authorization charge will say pending, however it will remain pending until the order ships, and so no matter what the money is tied up. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with a supervisor who confirmed this for me. I practically had a panic attack, and at this point I think I may have to cancel and get them individually ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back