• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going all kinds of crazy about this, mostly because on some other sites there are people being extremely rude about the whole situation rather than trying to be helpful. I don't like the excuses Disney gave me, but.. That's life in the jungle.

Look at your accounts again - are you sure the charges don't say pending? It may vary between different cards. I used Visa and there is a charge which is reserving the funds, but it hasn't gone through. It won't officially be completed until it ships.

You're right, AMX changed their website pages and the pending charges were on a separate page :oops:

Hi everyone, just a question - when people have pre-ordered something (like the designer dolls, these villain dolls or the LE dolls), do they ship them ON the release date, or do they ship just prior to the release date so that they arrive to the purchaser on/just after the release date? Sorry if this is a silly question, I am just unsure as I haven't pre-ordered anything that has had to be shipped before. Thanks in advance!

With wedding Rapunzel they were shipped in time to arrive on the release date, so I would presume it is the same with these.

Hi everyone, just a question - when people have pre-ordered something (like the designer dolls, these villain dolls or the LE dolls), do they ship them ON the release date, or do they ship just prior to the release date so that they arrive to the purchaser on/just after the release date? Sorry if this is a silly question, I am just unsure as I haven't pre-ordered anything that has had to be shipped before. Thanks in advance!

Now that I'm slightly over my flip out by the way...

I wanted to say DRJ that your photos are wonderful as always! I'm very pleased to see how wonderful those items came out (and that Friday is payday!).

Now that I'm slightly over my flip out by the way...

I wanted to say DRJ that your photos are wonderful as always! I'm very pleased to see how wonderful those items came out (and that Friday is payday!).

Hang in there, if you can, Selithiel! I hope it all works out for you. FYI, the pending hold is on my credit card, too. However, I am sure they will not actually charge until the dolls ship in October.

Thanks for the heads up, Selithiel. I just looked at my account, and there is a charge for the pre-order that posted yesterday (Aug 27). Good thing I have more than enough to cover it. That is really bad that they changed their policy about not charging for the pre-order until it ships. So with 6 weeks to go until it ships, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the Designer Villain dolls. They should have clearly stated this policy on the pre-order page. And if they just changed the policy on the fly after the pre-order was sold out, then they should have sent an email to all those who purchased the pre-order. In fact, I distinctly remember that the checkout page stated that my account would not be charged until the item shipped.

Now on a positive note, tonight I just received all the Designer Villain merchandise I ordered last Monday. Here are a couple of quick photos of them. They all look to be in perfect shape, and of excellent quality, although I haven't yet opened the sealed items. I will take more photos of those items later after I open the packages.

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Merchandise - First Look by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Merchandise - First Look - Mugs Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Collection - Merchandise - First Look - Mugs Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Those journals & mugs are so attractive! I still kick myself for buying the Aurora & Rapunzel Journals and mugs then returning them few days later due to lack of funds. But then again I do not keep journals and have plenty of mugs already, and they would have probably ended up on display and I already am running out of display room! But I'm glad to see you got them, your photos always make DS merchandise more attractive! :)

Just noticed, the Villains journals do not come with matching pens like the Princesses Journals last year?! :|

Last edited:
Closeups of the six Disney Villains Designer Collection Dolls. Images derived from high resolution images of the dolls from the UK Disney Store website (link below), which had much more detailed images than the US website. All but Ursula have closeups of their faces (headshots). Ursula's closest clear image is a portrait view, from the waist up. All of their makeup and hair are very impressive closeup.

Disney Villains Designer Maleficent Doll - Headshot by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Evil Queen Doll - Headshot by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Queen of Hearts Doll - Headshot by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Ursula Doll - Portrait View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Mother Gothel Doll - Headshot by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Designer Cruella de Vil Doll - Headshot by drj1828, on Flickr

I think Cruella's face is the most amazing. She looks like a fashion model. Just gorgeous!

I think Cruella's face is the most amazing. She looks like a fashion model. Just gorgeous!

I absolutely agree! The longer I look at her, the more I love her. I may have to go against my promise to myself to only go for Mother Gothel...because I really want Cruella! lol

Thanks for the heads up, Selithiel. I just looked at my account, and there is a charge for the pre-order that posted yesterday (Aug 27). Good thing I have more than enough to cover it. That is really bad that they changed their policy about not charging for the pre-order until it ships. So with 6 weeks to go until it ships, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the Designer Villain dolls. They should have clearly stated this policy on the pre-order page. And if they just changed the policy on the fly after the pre-order was sold out, then they should have sent an email to all those who purchased the pre-order. In fact, I distinctly remember that the checkout page stated that my account would not be charged until the item shipped.
The pending charge against my account is now gone, as of the morning of Thursday, August 30. My account's available balance is now $518 richer. Phew! By the way, I had used my VISA debit card for the transaction.

I absolutely agree! The longer I look at her, the more I love her. I may have to go against my promise to myself to only go for Mother Gothel...because I really want Cruella! lol

I wasn't going to buy her either but the more I look at her the more modern and fashionable she is over the other dolls. I love her dress, I love the coat, her outfit is totally wearable.

My least favorite is Ursula. Not because of her size, but she looks like a cartoon. Her face is not great and her dress is not appealing.

I wasn't going to buy her either but the more I look at her the more modern and fashionable she is over the other dolls. I love her dress, I love the coat, her outfit is totally wearable.

My least favorite is Ursula. Not because of her size, but she looks like a cartoon. Her face is not great and her dress is not appealing.

I like her dress, but I don't like her face. It just doesn't look pretty like all the others.

I like her dress, but I don't like her face. It just doesn't look pretty like all the others.

Agreed. But to be fair, Ursula was not ever one to be considered pretty (until she turned into Vanessa). Of course on the other hand, neither are Cruella or the Queen of Hearts's actual character designs in their respective films, and their Designer dolls are definitely more "inspired by" the characters rather than literal interpretations, so there you go... =P Of the dolls, Designer Ursula looks the most sinister and sneaky. Queen Grimhilde looks the meanest.

The pending charge against my account is now gone, as of the morning of Thursday, August 30. My account's available balance is now $518 richer. Phew! By the way, I had used my VISA debit card for the transaction.

Be careful. Good possibility that your account wil be "dinged" again on Monday. Some stores will reauthorize every week until it is finally billed when shipped. Best not to spend the money now. Just keep it in the account and pretend it is not there so you don't go negative balance and it ties up your cash flow. Won't cause you to bounce anything but will keep you from accessing your cash or buying anything else.

Hi guys, lurker here :3

Does anybody know if these dolls will be coming with those concept art slip covers like the princess dolls?

I would imagine so! It wouldn't make sense to not have the covers. I just know that they won't be coming with the gift bags!

I hope you're right!

Tbh I have never bought dolls before, I collect designer art toys... late night searching ebay on your phone leads to bad things... in this case a lighter wallet :drool:

222 Dolls for OP's store. Participating stores are guaranteed a minimum of 6 dolls of each of the six villains. Higher traffic stores will get more than others, especially Times Square.

Well that's...great. How many does that leave for online then? This is too much stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back