• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!
can you all pass the word around that I am selling my LE 16" Belle Doll for $220.00
I have a extra one... Never been opened I live in Torrance, CA
thanks
belle.jpg

Yes, I have heard some stores have her out already, she will be online as well. Not limited, so you will be sure to get her !!!

Yay, thank you for the info!! I secretly wish they delay putting her online because my wallet will be hurt big time when DS charge for my pre-orders of Cinderella & the Villains!

Gift Bag to be included with US pre-orders

Just got this email from the Disney Store:
Dear Disney Guest,

We have important news regarding your recent purchase for the Disney Villain Designer Doll Collection Set.

We are happy to share that you will be receiving one Disney Villains gift bag with your purchase.

We hope you enjoy your Disney Villains purchase and look forward to future opportunities to share Disney Magic with you.

Thanks,

The DisneyStore.com Team

Hmm... Only one bag per set, not one bag per doll? The latter is what the UK pre-order page stated.

Just got this email from the Disney Store:
Dear Disney Guest,

We have important news regarding your recent purchase for the Disney Villain Designer Doll Collection Set.

We are happy to share that you will be receiving one Disney Villains gift bag with your purchase.

We hope you enjoy your Disney Villains purchase and look forward to future opportunities to share Disney Magic with you.

Thanks,

The DisneyStore.com Team

Hmm... Only one bag per set, not one bag per doll? The latter is what the UK pre-order page stated.

Hahaha... I just got my e-mail too about that. Talk about random! This is a serious "throw the dog a bone" moment! Oh well, one bag is still better than none! The up-shot is that it is confirmation that our orders are still alive! :)

Hahaha... I just got my e-mail too about that. Talk about random! This is a serious "throw the dog a bone" moment! Oh well, one bag is still better than none! The up-shot is that it is confirmation that our orders are still alive! :)
I held my breath when I saw the email from DS about the pre-order. I am not used to them contacting me with good news. So yes, glad our orders are alive and well.

I'm really startled that Maleficent is still available to order! Is that normal for the individual dolls?
I'm somewhat surprised that Maleficent is still available too. But remember that the edition size is 13,000. And I don't think parents are going to give their children Villain dolls for Christmas.

Here is what happened with the releases for the Designer Princess Collection. The maximum for the LE Designer Princess dolls was 8,000. The history with the Designer Princess dolls was that the first one, Cinderella, LE 8000, was still available two weeks after her release. But the second doll, Ariel, LE 8000, was sold out in 6 days. Then the next day, Cinderella sold out, which was also the day that Belle, also LE 8000, was released. Belle then sold out late on the second day after her release. Then it got really crazy for the dolls after that. LOL.

I'm somewhat surprised that Maleficent is still available too. But remember that the edition size is 13,000. And I don't think parents are going to give their children Villain dolls for Christmas.

Here is what happened with the releases for the Designer Princess Collection. The maximum for the LE Designer Princess dolls was 8,000. The history with the Designer Princess dolls was that the first one, Cinderella, LE 8000, was still available two weeks after her release. But the second doll, Ariel, LE 8000, was sold out in 6 days. Then the next day, Cinderella sold out, which was also the day that Belle, also LE 8000, was released. Belle then sold out late on the second day after her release. Then it got really crazy for the dolls after that. LOL.

^^DRJ1828 is 100% right! Oh, the horrible memories of last year! The first 3 doll releases last year were so easy, and then... chaos incarnate!

There are a lot of reasons why Designer Maleficent may not be selling out so fast, the main reason probably being that public interest has not gone into frenzy-mode yet. Add that to the larger number of dolls produced, the fact that villains are not generally child-friendly (recall that the Villain Character Dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian Resort was replaced with Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner because kiddies got too scared to eat), the bumped up price, and also that Maleficent is getting mixed reviews based on her sloppily-executed hairdo... and well, you get slower sales in general. It may pick up. It may not.

I got an email from Disney store today stating that I will be getting a designer villain gift bag with the set I preordered :)
did anyone else get that email?

I got an email from Disney store today stating that I will be getting a designer villain gift bag with the set I preordered :)
did anyone else get that email?

I did too, but it sad A bag....considering I bought 6 dolls it would be nice to get a bag per doll....

^ You brought such memories and made me laugh, DRJ1828, that is exactly what happened last year, but I was crying back then with all the chaos, phew glad it's in the past! It started smooth and as soon as people found out hell broke and it was chaos!! I'm laughing now when I remember all the camping outs and the sleepless nights on the days of each release, and people stopping by the lineups to ask what were we standing in line for, only to have this "are you nuts?" look on their faces when they found out it was 'for a doll' crazy days!! lol

I'm really startled that Maleficent is still available to order! Is that normal for the individual dolls?

I just don't think the villains will be as popular as the princesses. She's not even selling for that much on eBay, her resale value is...average. She is going for as much as somebody would pay on the Disney webpage.

Last edited:

I can't predict which way this will go. It's true it took a few releases for the princess frenzy to brew , but as Shivatopia points out the price, edition size and not kid friendly are factors. The economy is definitely worse than last year. But maybe as we get closer to the holidays it will bring on the craziness. I looked at completed listings on Ebay and a few dolls sold above retail (while still available on DS site, who are these people?) but most were not sold. I am glad that collectors seem to be getting the opportunity to purchase without suffering the indignities of last year, let's hope that continues.

I panicked when I thought 'am I the only one who didn't get this gift bag email?' Then I remembered my DS account is registered with hubby's email LOL & he just forwarded me the email too. Phew!! Glad to see my order is not canceled & still breathing! :)

I complained on their facebook page about the bags and they gave me an email address to contact them and they replied I would receive a response in 5-7 days but I got the same response today as you guys of 1 bag - it's better than none but I agree it should be 1 per doll

I can't predict which way this will go. It's true it took a few releases for the princess frenzy to brew , but as Shivatopia points out the price, edition size and not kid friendly are factors. The economy is definitely worse than last year. But maybe as we get closer to the holidays it will bring on the craziness. I looked at completed listings on Ebay and a few dolls sold above retail (while still available on DS site, who are these people?) but most were not sold. I am glad that collectors seem to be getting the opportunity to purchase without suffering the indignities of last year, let's hope that continues.

Right?!? Unless these buyers are in an area that the the US Disney Store does not ship to, this is a huge mystery to me. It always happens with Mattel collector dolls, too. Perhaps it is a situation where people are turning to eBay first for their shopping? I would always try to do a bunch of price comparison research before buying an item on eBay that can be bought from the manufacturer, but maybe that is just very telling about the power of eBay!

Right?!? Unless these buyers are in an area that the the US Disney Store does not ship to, this is a huge mystery to me. It always happens with Mattel collector dolls, too. Perhaps it is a situation where people are turning to eBay first for their shopping? I would always try to do a bunch of price comparison research before buying an item on eBay that can be bought from the manufacturer, but maybe that is just very telling about the power of eBay!

I always wonder the same thing too, not that I care but sometimes when I check the ended items on ebay I feel sick! iI some dolls are not sold out on the DS why do these mysterious people pay much more for it on ebay? One possibility is they could be International buyers who A) live in an area where DS does not deliver to B) shipping cost from DS to them would cost much more than if they bought from ebay.

I complained on their facebook page about the bags and they gave me an email address to contact them and they replied I would receive a response in 5-7 days but I got the same response today as you guys of 1 bag - it's better than none but I agree it should be 1 per doll

I too had contacted the DS CS by email and received the following response:

Thank you for your email. You should receive an email very soon with information about the bags. We don't have details yet, but the email should provide you with some happy news.

Sincerely,

[name deleted]

The Disney Store Team

Then I got the email about the 1 bag per order and I did not feel it was happy news! I emailed them back but I have a feeling that to them the problem is probably resolved and this is the last I'll from them regarding this issue! :|

I didn't email through the disneystore website, instead they gave me this email to send to personal.shoppers@disneystore.com but this was the response I got (after re-reading it I guess it does say "A bag")

Thank you for your interest in the Disney Store. We truly appreciate your enthusiasm for the Wicked Villain Designer Dolls and all of their accessories. Although we do not have any additional information at this time, regarding the gift bags, you will receive an email within the next 5-7 business days with more information about receiving a bag when their pre order sets ship in October. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter. Sincerely, Deidre Disney Store USA Guest Relations guestrelations@disneystore.com Toll Free (866) 902-2798 Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm PT Mon-Fri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back