• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone bought the totebag? If you have, do you like it? I am contemplating getting it and I'm on the fence about it.

I'm in the same boat! I've had it in my online DS shopping cart since it came out, but can't decide whether I should go for it or not. I wish there are modeling photos of it on the disney store website to see how it'd look on someone! I was able to find at least photos of the actual bag in person (photos taken from ebay) Even with the photos I can't decide yet. I like the bag but I think I'm really concerened about carrying a bag with the villains on it, it just doesn't fit my personality! I wish they made one of the designer princesses tote bag I'd carry that everyday! :rolleyes: But I hope the photos can help you decide!

$%28KGrHqN,%21qME+n%289%21cdiBQTSeeZMYQ%7E%7E60_57.JPG

$%28KGrHqN,%21qME+n%289%21cdiBQTSeeZMYQ%7E%7E60_57.JPG

$%28KGrHqZ,%21i4F%21Ji%21IvhpBQTSd8fpdw%7E%7E60_57.JPG

$%28KGrHqF,%21ncF%21Kb+qDU8BQTSem,JCg%7E%7E60_57.JPG

$%28KGrHqN,%21hcE+4YenyRhBQTSedvBr%21%7E%7E60_57.JPG

Last edited:
I actually purchased the tote bag and ended up returning it. The bag is very tall and huge! It's very shiny too. I really couldn't see myself using it everyday. I wish they had made the bag smaller.

I didn't think they needed to sequin the crap out of the bag either lol. Also, the sequins are sewn on and the details and filigree design of the villains appear to be printed onto the actual sequins. If you were to lose a sequin you could lose a part of the design. Also, the sequins were sort of sticking out at the folds, sides, and bottom of the bag. That bothered me a lot.

Has anyone bought the totebag? If you have, do you like it? I am contemplating getting it and I'm on the fence about it.

Last edited:
there are some countries, where you cannot order them from disneystore... I'm from France, but I had to go to ebay to buy my katniss everdeen barbie doll collector. Why? It isn't release in my country... The mattel website who has them, don't ship them to my country either. The only way I could have one, was ebay. So i guess, people who bought from ebay, are from countries, that can't have them in another way. + The disneystore website, has outrageous shipping cost for some countries... Such as france, for example, + the customs... On ebay, most of the seller, made it a way, you have no customs. So basically, it less pricey , than to order directely at the disneystore.

there are some countries, where you cannot order them from disneystore... I'm from France, but I had to go to ebay to buy my katniss everdeen barbie doll collector. Why? It isn't release in my country... The mattel website who has them, don't ship them to my country either. The only way I could have one, was ebay. So i guess, people who bought from ebay, are from countries, that can't have them in another way. + The disneystore website, has outrageous shipping cost for some countries... Such as france, for example, + the customs... On ebay, most of the seller, made it a way, you have no customs. So basically, it less pricey , than to order directely at the disneystore.
That is a good point about international collecting, I had to turn to Ebay sites in Europe to get Simba dolls, so I have been in the same boat. It is too bad the sellers increase the price so much. I checked a couple of the Mal dolls that had feedback already and the buyers were in the US so I think some people don't think outside of Ebay as well.

+___+ I managed to get 1 lithograph set at the Disney Store that just re-opened at South Coast Plaza. I turned around to show my sister I got one and the lady behind me literally took the other 4 or 5 that were there. Do I smell a ebay flipper? :squint: 5 secs too late and she probably would've taken mine too!

anyways, has anybody framed these and put them up? I'd like to see how you've displayed them :)

I found it was about the same as last week, about 12 people showed up and about 14 dolls left over after all names drawn.
Guess the interest and demand are down. They are beautiful dolls, love the gowns and make-up.

Last edited:
At my local store, there were 23 dolls, but 26 people had cast a bid of them, so 3 people were SOL. I was the thirteenth person called (which I find amusing, given the Villain theme of it all). Apparently, last week at the same store, there were less people who showed up than the 23 dolls that were available, so in my area, interest has increased.

Personally, I would not have bothered to go to the retail store today and just order online tonight, but I will be out of town next week, and I did not want my house-sitter to have to worry about deliveries, if at all possible. I also was not planning on getting another Designer Queen Grimhilde since I do have a pre-order set coming next month, but when I went to look at the dolls in person this weekend, my mom admired Queen Grimhilde and her likeness to Regina from Once Upon A Time, so I figured I would surprise her with this doll. =P

Last edited:
Went after work around 5p and they still had four left...wasn't expecting that! Yay! She's gorgeous!!!

I got mine yesterday. I don't know how many they got, but there were about 8 or 9 after I got mine.

I officially decided on who I was going to get when I went to the store on Saturday. Maleficent is my favorite of the villains, but I just did NOT like her design when the images were first released in June, and I didn't like her in person. I love the dress...but that alone isn't worth the $87.06.

I'll be getting Cruella, and that's it. I have all the Princesses, but the missing Lady Tremaine, and bad Maleficent design kinda ruined it for me :/

I am a bit disappointed that the UK didn't get as much Disney Villains merchandise as the USA - there is loads of stuff on disneystore.com that I want but shipping makes it way too expensive.

The Villains collection is definitely more popular in the USA than the UK. On disneystore.co.uk Maleficent is still available as well as the Evil Queen that went on sale today. The full set of dolls was also available for £300 right up to the day the first doll was released so I would imagine they are not selling as well as anticipated. I don't know what availability is like in store, my local Disney Store doesn't sell them - it would seem only the bigger stores received stock. I also managed to get a set of the Lithographs online which sold out in the USA really quickly yet are still available in the UK.

With the dolls, I have decided to get Cruella and that is it. She is my favourite. There are some that I don't like which is good because at £50 a doll, they are expensive!

I am still trying to track down a tote bag or wallet (with the fashion characters on) - we only seem to have the cartoon versions!

I am so jealous... I pre-order all the Villains so I have to wait till the last release date before my shipment comes, from what the email said. I think they should have shipped each doll with each release date to me.. Oh well, I guess I will get to enjoy them once they are all done releasing them. Good thing is I don't have to enter a raffle/drawing to get my doll because I would more than likely want to get it from the stores than online the next day. The only downfall I guess would be the bag. They said one will be shipped, shouldn't each doll get their own bag. No fair I say :(

I am a bit disappointed that the UK didn't get as much Disney Villains merchandise as the USA - there is loads of stuff on disneystore.com that I want but shipping makes it way too expensive.

The Villains collection is definitely more popular in the USA than the UK. On disneystore.co.uk Maleficent is still available as well as the Evil Queen that went on sale today. The full set of dolls was also available for £300 right up to the day the first doll was released so I would imagine they are not selling as well as anticipated. I don't know what availability is like in store, my local Disney Store doesn't sell them - it would seem only the bigger stores received stock. I also managed to get a set of the Lithographs online which sold out in the USA really quickly yet are still available in the UK.

With the dolls, I have decided to get Cruella and that is it. She is my favourite. There are some that I don't like which is good because at £50 a doll, they are expensive!

I am still trying to track down a tote bag or wallet (with the fashion characters on) - we only seem to have the cartoon versions!

I could definitely say the same for the UK. I love the LE Princess lithographs you guys are offered as well as the villain mugs and other mugs in general. NOT TO MENTION, you guys get a constant release of pins where as the US does not.

I didn't email through the disneystore website, instead they gave me this email to send to personal.shoppers@disneystore.com but this was the response I got (after re-reading it I guess it does say "A bag")

Thank you for your interest in the Disney Store. We truly appreciate your enthusiasm for the Wicked Villain Designer Dolls and all of their accessories. Although we do not have any additional information at this time, regarding the gift bags, you will receive an email within the next 5-7 business days with more information about receiving a bag when their pre order sets ship in October. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this matter. Sincerely, Deidre Disney Store USA Guest Relations guestrelations@disneystore.com Toll Free (866) 902-2798 Hours: 8:30am-5:00pm PT Mon-Fri

Disney actually sent out a response to those that pre-ordered the sets on the 14th of this month. Here it is:

Dear Disney Guest,

We have important news regarding your recent purchase for the Disney Villain Designer Doll Collection Set.

We are happy to share that you will be receiving one Disney Villains gift bag with your purchase.

We hope you enjoy your Disney Villains purchase and look forward to future opportunities to share Disney Magic with you.

Thanks,

The DisneyStore.com Team

I'm actually kind of disappointed that we are only receive one gift bag with the set when the UK gets 6 with their pre-orders! In addition to them being able to pre-order 2 sets. BS!

Can't you guys just cancel your order and then order each doll seperately if you want 6 bags? That's kind of a hassle though... they should just give you guys 1 bag per doll, doesn't make sense to get only 1 bag

As much as I would like all 6 bags to go with my 6 pre-order dolls, but unfortunately, for people like me who live outside the US (we just recently moved overseas due to hubby's new work) and have no access to a disney store, (I have to use a paid forwarding deputy service to have all my disneystore.com forwarded to me here and they charge per package) so ordering each doll separately will cost me and arm and leg after the forwarding service fees! So I'm glad my pre-order of 6 dolls will be shipped in one package, and in my case 1 bag is better than none at all, but still wish they'd send 6 bags...

Disney doesn't allow you to cancel your orders at this time. The only way to really cancel your order is if you actually go about changing the card's information that you used for the pre-order so that when they attempt to charge the card it will not go through and your order will not be processed. This is essentially the only way to cancel your order at the moment.

That's weird! When i called last week about the bags, i was told if i wanted the 6 bags i could cancel and buy each doll indivdually, which of course i refused, but they offered this option anyway. Hmmm, maybe an order can be canceled within a certain time only...

I think one the best things about the pre-orders is that all of the dolls will have the same edition number!! So cool! ^-^

That's weird! When i called last week about the bags, i was told if i wanted the 6 bags i could cancel and buy each doll indivdually, which of course i refused, but they offered this option anyway. Hmmm, maybe an order can be canceled within a certain time only...

I think one the best things about the pre-orders is that all of the dolls will have the same edition number!! So cool! ^-^

Did you find that out for sure? When I asked I was told they didn't know.

Do you mean about the edition numbers? I'm not completely sure but i read several people saying that they'll have the same ed # .. Also the designer princess sets that were available for pre-sale at the D23 got the sane edition # per set, and assuming the pre-orders of the villains will be the same! I do hope it's true but I guess we'll have to wait & see!

Do you mean about the edition numbers? I'm not completely sure but i read several people saying that they'll have the same ed # .. Also the designer princess sets that were available for pre-sale at the D23 got the sane edition # per set, and assuming the pre-orders of the villains will be the same! I do hope it's true but I guess we'll have to wait & see!

Yes, if you had a pre-order of the Designer Villains dolls, you should get the same number on the certificates for each of the dolls and they should be relatively low numbers! My Designer Princess dolls are all 192 of xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back