• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!
I just got a Designer Ursula doll, and made sure I checked her carefully before leaving the area. She looks to be in perfect shape. They also had the new Wedding Rapunzel dolls on sale at 2 for $20, so I got a couple of them. I'll post some photos later.
Thank you for the beautiful photos, she is stunning and such intricate detailing. Now I am paranoid that my pre-order will have a damaged doll. Last year they sent me a second Cindy when it was supposed to be Ariel but they were able to fix it before she sold out.
You are right that the stores are sometimes asked to send back the unsold dolls, my store has done that as they have not been selling out, plus credit card issues and cancellations will show the sold out dolls going in and out online.

Evil Queen still available (again) and I was able to add it to the cart

33kchsy.png

...that is really crazy that the pre-orders went back up I can honestly say I've never seen that happen with disney before.

Wow, they must be selling a lot more poorly than DS was expecting if they threw the preorder back up!

As an international buyer who's buying them three at a time, I'm relieved that the shipping is actually a little cheaper this way.

It's too bad, though, that these dolls were over-produced and slightly overpriced. They would've been really killer otherwise. Maybe in a few years they'll be more valued. I still love them regardless.

Hmmmm... yeah, I agree that this is kind of indicative that sales are not meeting the sales projection set by the company. But still, I would rather it be like this, where everyone who wants the dolls is able to actually get them. When the Designer Princess dolls were selling out in a few hours or less online, that was just really sad for anyone who missed out. And the overselling and order cancellations problem was a real nightmare for everyone. Personally, as a doll collector, I really don't give much of a hoot about the LE collectibility number for investment purposes. I buy pretty dolls to keep, though I fully know that people have different motives for purchasing across the spectrum. Personally, I hope that Disney keeps the edition numbers high. It's better that they have dolls that take longer to sell out than that horrid mess that happened last year. Disney can afford it, and they end up with much happier consumers. Win-win, if you ask me. The dolls will sell out eventually.

Oh, I totally agree with you! And the only reason I decided to get this series is because they ended up being so accessible. I starting buying them last week, when I could see Queen Hilde hadn't sold out after three weeks. I was around for the princess debacle (though, only as a spectator since I only liked 1 or 2 of them) and I felt awful for everyone involved.

Aside from the price hike, I'm very satisfied with how this is all going down. You're right, they will sell eventually--and that will mean sales of over $6M, by the way!

Still, I have to confess that there's a certain thrill to owning the much more limited Lady Tremaine, lol. :D

I have never collected dolls before this set came out, personally I'm a designer vinyl kinda gal, but anyways I think you should buy things because you genuinely like them, not "oh look, I think everyone would want this, so let me buy one because I know they are going to sell out and then I can flip it for 2-3x the price!" :roll:

I don't have buyer's remorse buying these, so I'll take that as a good thing xD

I have never collected dolls before this set came out, personally I'm a designer vinyl kinda gal, but anyways I think you should buy things because you genuinely like them, not "oh look, I think everyone would want this, so let me buy one because I know they are going to sell out and then I can flip it for 2-3x the price!"

I don't have buyer's remorse buying these, so I'll take that as a good thing xD

^^ :bigthumb:

Went to my Disney Store today and there were still 3 Ursula dolls! Hope this means I'll have a better chance of getting Mother Gothel in-store.

Yay Mother Gothel will be released tomorrow! Who is picking her up? With her I'm done with Designer Villains :D !

Just noticd this thread!! I found out about the Designer Villains dolls from the disney store while out of town and I became obsessed lol. I was set that I was gonna get the ones I liked. I have Maleficent, The Queen of Hearts, and Ursula. I didnt want to get Evil Queen because I didnt think they did anything really creative or fashion forward with her outfit. So I havent gotten her. Mother Gothel comes out tomorrow but I'm not getting her for sure. I just really didnt find her outfit appealing at all, and her face bothers me (i know it sounds odd) lol But I can't wait for Cruella to come out next week!! And I think I will buy The Evil queen after much debate, After looking at pics I think I will get her as well.

But for thoughs wanting Mother Gothel tomorrow (today technically) I wish you luck and hope you get her!

This collection of dolls really intrigues me when I saw them, and they really had to because I have never collected dolls at all.
:)

Last edited:
bought mother gothel today and she is bodering the worst of the st. i do like her hair but her dress is awful and the tassles at the end put me off it even more. but i felt like i had to get it as i want to have the complete set. my favs are 1. ursula 2. maleficent 3.evil queen 4. cruella (but might change when i see it in person) joint 5and 6 are queen of hearts and mother gothel

For those who got Mother Gothel, can you please tell if it's possible to undo that hairdo & let her hair down? Thanks

So far as I can tell, you should be able to take her hair down. It appears to be held in place with tiny black rubber bands (like the ones at the nubby ends of Designer Maleficent's hair horns). I just got home from buying my doll from my local store (the number of dolls exceeded the number of buyers), and I just took the plastic cover off. Some nimrod at the factory applied glue to the front tab at the bottom of the case, so I had to break that tab off. Luckily, this is my deboxer Mother Gothel, and the case still fits fairly snugly on top anyway. I'm going to do a photo shoot later of her as she is, and then the customization begins! :) This will include a hair makeover (I hope)!

So far as I can tell, you should be able to take her hair down. It appears to be held in place with tiny black rubber bands (like the ones at the nubby ends of Designer Maleficent's hair horns). I just got home from buying my doll from my local store (the number of dolls exceeded the number of buyers), and I just took the plastic cover off. Some nimrod at the factory applied glue to the front tab at the bottom of the case, so I had to break that tab off. Luckily, this is my deboxer Mother Gothel, and the case still fits fairly snugly on top anyway. I'm going to do a photo shoot later of her as she is, and then the customization begins! :) This will include a hair makeover (I hope)!

Thanks Shivatopia, I was hoping it could be done! I too plan on doing something about the 'Marge Simpson' hairdo -sorry I don't mean to offend those who like it- but it's just not working for me! I already pre-ordered the set but plan on getting extra MG to de-box & redo the hair (so I needed to make sure it can actually be taken down otherwise no point in getting an extra) I can't wait to see your photos and looking forward to seeing what you do with her! :)

Thanks Shivatopia, I was hoping it could be done! I too plan on doing something about the 'Marge Simpson' hairdo -sorry I don't mean to offend those who like it- but it's just not working for me! I already pre-ordered the set but plan on getting extra MG to de-box & redo the hair (so I needed to make sure it can actually be taken down otherwise no point in getting an extra) I can't wait to see your photos and looking forward to seeing what you do with her! :)

Lol... Me too! I have no idea exactly what I am going to do with her hairdo, since it is so curly. Luckily, because the curls are so massive, I don't think we'll have to worry about "bald spots" due to the placement of the hair plugs on her head--the curls should provide ample coverage. One thing I did notice is that the front of her hair is smoothed and wraps around her head into a tiny rubber-banded hair nub in the back, so that will have to factor into any hair makeovers. Personally, I wouldn't mess with that part. But the curly hair updo should be fair game. I'm thinking at worst, if I cannot do anything with it, I'll return it to the Marge-'do. :p

Got mine in store today too! They ended up getting 50 Gothel dolls and only sold about half of them. It was good for me since I was working when they did the raffle. :)

Ooooooh Alan, can't wait to see your customized Gothel! I know she'll look fab. ;)

Got mine in store today too! They ended up getting 50 Gothel dolls and only sold about half of them. It was good for me since I was working when they did the raffle. :)

Ooooooh Alan, can't wait to see your customized Gothel! I know she'll look fab. ;)

My store also had more dolls than buyers, so everyone who showed up was able to get a doll. :) I think the recent Disney doll overload has worked out in our favor! After all, there is no reason for the sharks to try to buy the Designer Villains, seeing as how they have not sold out because there are so many of them.

I actually think that Designer Mother Gothel's gown is very underestimated in this collection. After deboxing mine, I LOVE her dress a lot! I think I am going to hold off on redoing her hair, because after I deboxed her and added my secret accessory, the hairdo looks great! I think I'll post my Designer Mother Gothel Phase One pics in the Doll Appreciation thread.
:)

Designer Mother Gothel - Deboxing

Here are some photos of Designer Mother Gothel while being deboxed. Mother Gothel's dress is very tight around her waist and legs, so to take her off the built-in doll stand, it is necessary to take her dress off first, and likewise for putting her back on the stand. I haven't done so yet, but it is a procedure that I had to go through for Designer Maleficent and Designer Evil Queen.

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Portrait Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Closeup Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Full Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Portrait Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Full Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Full Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Portrait Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Full Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Midrange Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Closeup Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Backing Opened by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Backing Opened - Top View of Base by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Spacer Removed From Backing - Full Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Freed From Backing and Spacer - Full Left Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Freed From Backing and Spacer - View of Wire Around Legs by drj1828, on Flickr

Designer Mother Gothel - Deboxed

Designer Mother Gothel fully deboxed, supported by display stand.

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Front View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Portrait Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Closeup Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Portrait Right Front View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Closeup Right Front View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Portrait Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Closeup Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Right Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Left Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Portrait Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Closeup Left Side View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Portrait Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Closeup Left Front View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Closeup Left Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Lifting Skirt - Full Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Lifting Skirt - Closeup of Shoes by drj1828, on Flickr

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Lifting Skirt - Closeup of Right Hand and Nail Polish by drj1828, on Flickr

Designer Mother Gothel Product Link & Info

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll
Released In Stores - Monday, October 8, 2012
Released Online - Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Limited Edition of 13,000
Product information from the US Disney Store website:

Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll
$79.50
Item No. 6070040908255P

Forever young
Tangled's age-defying baddie has been reimagined with this Mother Gothel Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll. Glamorously detailed, the limited edition doll features Mother Gothel's satin dress with embroidered flowers.

Magic in the details...
Please Note: Each Guest will be limited to ordering a maximum of one of this item per order.

This glamorous Designer Collection Mother Gothel doll was carefully crafted by Disney artists to reimagine the elegant style of Rapunzel's wicked kidnapper. Inspired by Disney's Tangled, this Mother Gothel doll was brought to life with thoughtful attention to detail to uniquely capture the essence of the Disney Villain, creating a one of a kind doll collection that will be a treasured keepsake of collectors and Disney fans alike!

•Worldwide Limited Edition of 13000
•Includes Certificate of Authenticity
•Dramatic eye make-up and rooted eyelashes
•Burgundy wine colored satin dress with embroidered flower on back, and train with gold satin binding and gold fringe
•V-neck, fit and flare style, bottom hem bound with gold satin
•Sculpted flower accessory in a theatrical up-do hairstyle
•Doll is sold in a special keepsake display case with stand
•Includes special Disney Villains Designer Collection Gift Bag
•Part of the Disney Villains Designer Collection

*Intended for adult collectors -- Not a child's toy.

The bare necessities
•Plastic / polyester
•11 1/2'' H
•Imported

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back