• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!
Thank you for the amazing pictures! Mother Gothel is and will be my only Designer Villains purchase (I just had to get her to go with Designer Rapunzel) and I am so happy with her :) She is beautiful! I can't wait to display them together (once I find the space for it! These dolls take up a lot of real estate)

I think the dress looks amazing when positioned forward but I am too chicken to take mine out of the factory restraints. I absolutely love to see everyone's pictures though!

This may seem like a weird request, but...I recently decided to try and get all the Designer Villain Dolls, but unfortunately I'm not made of money (like many of you know!)...I have the Evil Queen and the Queen of Hearts so far but with my current income (I'm still in high school) I can only afford maybe, *maybe* one doll a week. Now I know the dolls haven't sold out yet, but I'm afraid with my luck they'll sell out before I can buy them all. I'm mainly worried about Maleficent because she was the first to be released, and I won't be able to buy her until next week. Would any kind soul maybe be interested in buying Maleficent, Ursula, Mother Gothel and/or Cruella and ship it to me when I pay you via PayPal or something? Let me know if this sounds reasonable. Thanks!

I find it interesting that all 6 dolls are up for pre-sale again LINK 0.o guess they're having trouble getting rid of them :p. 13,000 of each doll is harder to get rid of than 5,000 each doll.
Guess they bit off more than they could chew? Good news for those of us that can't afford them right away~! Gives us a fighting chance to get them all! :D

Has anyone who pre-ordered the set received a shipping confirmation yet? My credit card shows a pending charge again (as of yesterday), but on DS.com's order tracking, there's nothing new. Also no e-mail. I think I read a post on Holly's fb blog from someone in the UK that they have received a shipping confirmation. Anyone else? As it stands, it they ship today, the west coast won't be seeing them until next Tuesday due to the UPS shipping time. :(

I wish they had shipped! I want them ASAP! Shipping seems to take forever, still waiting for Lady T.

I wish they had shipped! I want them ASAP! Shipping seems to take forever, still waiting for Lady T.

Ugh! Me, too! My LE Lady Tremaine is supposed to arrive today, but if no one is home when UPS comes by, I'll have to pick her up from the UPS distribution center tomorrow... It always so hit-or-miss with those UPS guys. Last year I had the same guy who knew to come to our area after 5pm (when more people tend to be home from work). Recently, there have been a string of unfamiliar UPS guys who come at random times like 1pm or 3:30pm. In a residential area, who's home to sign for a package? :(

My Queen of Hearts just came in today, she's pretty :)

Weird thing though... when I ordered my Maleficent and Evil Queen at midnight they were numbered 7xxx & 9xxx. I ordered my Queen of Hearts a week after it was released and it's number 1xxx xD They should send people who place their orders first lower numbers!

Love the gothel doll, I wish I had the funds to have two gothels and rapunzels. One set to stay in tact and the other set swapping the dressed. Rapunzel in gothels dress would be awesome.

I was wondering if the numbers were just random.

Generally speaking, the numbers are usually very random with the Designer dolls, because the factory sends them to the distribution warehouse in numbered big brown shipper boxes (cartons) of doll pairs, which are then broken up to fulfill orders to us. The shipping team does not seem to go through the cartons in sequential order, so if you were the first person to put your order in online, you will not necessarily get doll #1 or so from the edition. My Designer Princess doll numbers (all ordered online at DS.com) range anywhere from the 300s to the 4000s.

Keep in mind that usually a percentage of the later numbers are usually sent to the UK, so it would be an odd thing for someone in the US to get a Designer Villain doll with #13,000/13,000 in general.

Wow, I am pretty mad that The pre-orders haven't shipped yet. Based on shipping time for my Cinderella and lady tremaine (still in transit) the soonest I will get these pre-orders now is October 20th (if they shipped them today).

Last edited:
I was told yesterday over the phone by the US Disney Store Guest Relations (customer service), that the pre-orders won't ship until Oct 15, the date of the in store release of the last Designer Villain (Cruella De Vil). It also matches the "available" date in the page for the pre-order, which is still up. I guess they won't ship until the page is closed on Oct 15, wanting to sell as many as possible.

I was told yesterday over the phone by the US Disney Store Guest Relations (customer service), that the pre-orders won't ship until Oct 15, the date of the in store release of the last Designer Villain (Cruella De Vil). It also matches the "available" date in the page for the pre-order, which is still up. I guess they won't ship until the page is closed on Oct 15, wanting to sell as many as possible.

Blech! Worst pre-order ever! We are so getting shafted on these. Last year, the D23 doll set pre-orders got the whole Designer Princess lithograph set for free, and most people who pre-ordered received their dolls before the release date of the final 5. This year, not only do we have to wait until after all the dolls have been released at retail before they even ship, we only get one gift bag and a kick in the teeth. :( It's like we're being punished for pre-ordering!

Ugh, I'm trying to cancel. This is ridiculous. The store near me has all of them except Mali in stock, I can get her elsewhere.

Aaaaand I got the same generic response that I have gotten before. That they are unable to cancel items. I haven't been able to cancel either item that I've tried (LE cinderella, pre-ordered online but managed to pre-order in store, emailed Disney that day, so months before the release, and they said that the order goes straight to distribution and they can't do anything. It's a PRE-ORDER, how can it go straight to distribution???)

I think I can sum up some of the reasons why the pre-orders have reappeared online for sale:
1) The sharks that pre-ordered the set realized that these dolls are not in any way money-makers like the Designer Princess dolls and they cancelled their orders.
2) People got impatient and bought some of the dolls already (online or in-store), and since all the dolls are still availble online, they figured they would cancel the pre-order.
3) Some people who pre-ordered the set cannot afford them due to some other financial issue.
4) and, like Mali, now that word is coming out that the pre-orders won't even start shipping until Monday, October 15th, there was no real point to the pre-order at all.

I honestly don't think that Disney is assembling more sets of 6 to sell from the available back stock. I do think that a lot of people have cancelled their pre-orders (especially the sharks), which opened them up to be bought by somebody else.

I'm so sorry that this pre-order really backfired on your plans, Mali! Every other pre-order always seemed to ship so that the item would arrive on or around the actual release date. :( I hope you are able to get the whole set without spending an arm and a leg on shipping/customs fees for Designer Maleficent.

Aaaaand I got the same generic response that I have gotten before. That they are unable to cancel items. I haven't been able to cancel either item that I've tried (LE cinderella, pre-ordered online but managed to pre-order in store, emailed Disney that day, so months before the release, and they said that the order goes straight to distribution and they can't do anything. It's a PRE-ORDER, how can it go straight to distribution???)

Oh no! You're right! That makes no sense, especially since the pre-orders are no where near being shipped. I would ask to speak to a supervisor or manager and fully describe the circumstances. I hope it works out ok!

Thanks! I sent another email, if that does nothing hopefully there is something else I can try.

Thanks bebs!

As I was reading your pm, I got another email from Disney saying the same thing, just worded differently but that they cannot cancel an order once it's been received.

I'm really disappointed that the dolls won't even be SHIPPING until the 15th now. I wish I had taken a screen capture of it, but I am nearly 100% sure that, before Disney Store updated their website, the Villain pre-order stated that the dolls would "arrive on or around the 15th" meaning that like the Cinderella pre-order, they should have shipped this past Monday (or Tuesday, Monday being Columbus Day). And apparently some people are getting e-mails now saying that their dolls are scheduled to arrive on the 15th, but I think they're in the UK.

I had planned to make a trip to WA to pick up my dolls on the 18th because they *should have* been there by then but have now had to postpone it for a week which means my Lady Tremaine will be waiting for me at the company I had her shipped to for two weeks and I don't feel comfortable about that, but I have no other choice. Oh well.

This pre-order is the strangest Disney has ever done. For every other one I've watched (I usually buy my dolls in store and it turns out I could have easily done that for this set but didn't want to worry about it so I just pre-ordered) Disney ships them one week in advance so that they do arrive on the release date, sometimes a day earlier! Plus, they've charged my card already. TWO days ago, in fact! That is not supposed to happen until the dolls are actually shipped. And had they shipped this past Tuesday they would have arrived by the 18th. How annoying...

Yes, we are in the same boat Princess K! I had planned a trip, booked a hotel. However my card has not been charged, so I may try talking to my credit card company. I don't have all this extra money to be throwing around.

I am also positive the original listing said "on or around the 15th" that doesn't mean the 23rd or onward.

Yes, we are in the same boat Princess K! I had planned a trip, booked a hotel. However my card has not been charged, so I may try talking to my credit card company. I don't have all this extra money to be throwing around.

I am also positive the original listing said "on or around the 15th" that doesn't mean the 23rd or onward.
Here's a screen shot of the original webpage for the Designer Villains pre-order (taken on 8/20/2012):

Pre-Order Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll Set -- 6-Pc. - Product Page Screenshot - 2012-08-20 by drj1828, on Flickr

Thanks for posting that :)

I'm just frustrated because this is from the first email:

"I'm so sorry for any inconvenience but we are unable to change or cancel an order once it has been submitted. We have upgraded our system, which allows a "faster method" for processing your order."

This is from the second email:

"Upon reviewing your concern, unfortunately, we are unable to cancel an order once it is in processing. Your order is currently in processing to be shipped out."

From the third email:

"
Your order is in processing, and there is no shipping date available at this time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back