• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!
Finally managed to get computer access to upload these photos, so here are two of after I had undone Gothel's hair (and used two elastic bands to try and hold in shape), then one of after which I think looks mightily improved:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88699288@N08/8087327296/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88699288@N08/8087327549/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88699288@N08/8087326994/in/photostream

I would also like to try and get rid of the two tiny lines which make her look so frowny.

Finally managed to get computer access to upload these photos, so here are two of after I had undone Gothel's hair (and used two elastic bands to try and hold in shape), then one of after which I think looks mightily improved:

I would also like to try and get rid of the two tiny lines which make her look so frowny.

Interesting! Her hair when unbound is not as bad as I thought it would be, based on your initial description, and I do see possibilities of what one could do with it. For sure her hair was input into her head in the uneven lengths to achieve the beehive, so that is why it would require a trim and restyle if you took her hair down.

To remove the two frowny lines, you're going to need q-tips, non-acetone nail polish remover (It's VERY important that the bottle says that it is non-acetone!), steady hands, and patience. Dip one end of a q-tip into the non-acetone nail polish remover, remove any excess so it is not too soppy/saturated, and gently apply to the area you want to erase. It's not recommended that you rub hard, or you may end up smearing the paint into faded blob on her face. When you see the q-tip end darkening from removing the paint, repeat the process with the second side of the q-tip. When that darkens, move onto a fresh q-tip, etc. When you are all done, rinse her face with water and dry. This technique is how anyone would remove factory doll paint in order to make a fresh palette for a OOAK doll repaint. I'm sure there are comprehensive tutorials on youTube that you should look at before taking this step, since you do not want to risk ruining the doll's face. She did cost $80, after all!

Nope. I can guarantee that this is not a listing by DRJ1828. For the past year, people have been using DRJ1828's doll photos to sell their dolls without asking for permission to use them. :( Just as a request to everyone here, whenever you run across something like this, please PM DRJ1828 with the item listing.

Thanks for looking out, ElysionsPrincess!

Last edited:
You're very welcome! Did you PM them Shivatopia? I can if you haven't!
I had an image of my best friend's Designer Jasmine that I took stolen for an eBay photo. So frustrating! May I suggest to DRJ1828 to put a translucent watermark over part of their image? I've found that since I've been doing that, it has been harder for people to take my photos!

I had an image of my best friend's Designer Jasmine that I took stolen for an eBay photo. So frustrating! May I suggest to DRJ1828 to put a translucent watermark over part of their image? I've found that since I've been doing that, it has been harder for people to take my photos!

I did PM last night. Luckily someone on flickr notified DRJ1828 even before I did, so I'm glad that so many people are looking out. :) DRJ1828 wants to avoid resorting to watermarks, because it of course ruins the overall appearance of photos. Unfortunately with DRJ1828's photos receiving so much attention and views, they tend to pop up in google image searches right away, which is prime hunting grounds for eBay sellers who are too lazy to take their own pictures. I hate seeing listings where you can tell that the seller grabbed a bunch of other people's photos to sell their stuff without even crediting the photographer (which is a huge red flag that they are stolen pictures). It's dishonest and rude. These days, how hard is it to take a digital picture? Cameras, phones, webcams... The equpment options to take pictures are everywhere!

It actually looks a lot better than I expected. I'm not sure what it'll take to get her hair to stay down, but the odd lengths aren't TOO awful.

As for the frown lines, you can use a dab of acetone on a Q-Tip. Obviously you'd have to be very careful you didn't erase part of her actual eyebrows. I was thinking about removing those weird lines, too. I don't get them.

Thanks for sharing the pics! I was dead curious :)

This is disgusting, what a low thing to do to just steal someone else's hard work, it took DRJ1828 time & effort to shot these photos and for someone to simply grab them without bothering to asking first sickens me!!! I hope the seller gets reported and the photos/listing taken down!! Watermarking is the only solution to prevent these kind of things unfortunately!

unfortunatly even watermarking doesn't stop people stealing pictures, ones from my blog are always being used without my permission, but at least watermarking means people know who the picture does truly belong to ;o)

So at my local Disney Store, I was of course anxious that there may have been a high turn out for Designer Cruella de Vil. Nope. It was slightly better than last week (which only had ten buyers for Designer Mother Gothel). This week, there were thirteen of us. That store still has Designer Ursula and Designer Mother Gothel dolls available, too. I guess this year the sharks really did get burned on the first two doll releases. Justice! :p

Hmmm... Designer Cruella de Vil may also not have been as popular due to the SF Bay Area being so darm politically correct all the time. She is a fur-loving smoker, after all! I love her the most from the collection. I'll do a photo shoot and review on the Doll Appreciation thread later.

stolen photos on eBay

Nope. I can guarantee that this is not a listing by DRJ1828. For the past year, people have been using DRJ1828's doll photos to sell their dolls without asking for permission to use them. :( Just as a request to everyone here, whenever you run across something like this, please PM DRJ1828 with the item listing.

Thanks for looking out, ElysionsPrincess!

I did PM last night. Luckily someone on flickr notified DRJ1828 even before I did, so I'm glad that so many people are looking out. :) DRJ1828 wants to avoid resorting to watermarks, because it of course ruins the overall appearance of photos. Unfortunately with DRJ1828's photos receiving so much attention and views, they tend to pop up in google image searches right away, which is prime hunting grounds for eBay sellers who are too lazy to take their own pictures. I hate seeing listings where you can tell that the seller grabbed a bunch of other people's photos to sell their stuff without even crediting the photographer (which is a huge red flag that they are stolen pictures). It's dishonest and rude. These days, how hard is it to take a digital picture? Cameras, phones, webcams... The equpment options to take pictures are everywhere!

Thanks, ElysionsPrincess and Shivatopia! I asked the seller to remove my photos, and the listing has now been removed from sale. There was also another item that was using my photos without permission, that I was notified about yesterday. I messaged that seller, and now the item has different images (that aren't mine). I don't want to watermark my photos, but I am seriously considering it after this flurry of thefts.

Thanks to the others who have commented on this issue. I appreciate your concern and input.

On a lighter note, I got the last Designer Villain today, and look forward to deboxing her after I get home. She is beautiful! I will post photos of her and the rest of the Villains tonight.

I'm looking forward to see your pictures of Cruella, and especially a group shot of the 6 Deboxed Villains! :D And I can't believe this bad experience with Ebay users stealing your pictures, glad it got solved and that everyone is looking after everyone here in the community :) !

Disney Villains Designer Collection Dolls - Full Group Photo

Now that I have all six Disney Designer Villain dolls, here is a group photo. In the background are my collection of the 2011-2012 basic 12'' Disney Princess dolls.
The Designer Villain dolls are in order of their release. From left to right the dolls are:
Disney Villains Designer Maleficent Doll. Released 9/10/2012. #8013 of 13,000.
Disney Villains Designer Evil Queen Doll. Released 9/17/2012. #1697 of 13,000.
Disney Villains Designer Queen of Hearts Doll. Released 9/24/2012. #5640 of 13,000.
Disney Villains Designer Ursula Doll. Released 10/1/2012. #5616 of 13,000.
Disney Villains Designer Mother Gothel Doll. Released 10/8/2012. #3364 of 13,000.
Disney Villains Designer Cruella De Vil Doll. Released 10/15/2012. #9571 of 13,000.

Disney Villains Designer Collection Dolls - Full Group Photo by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Photos - Boxed

Disney saved the best for the last. I've thought ever since the first images of the Designer Villains came out that Cruella De Vil was the best looking doll. She remains my favorite of the series after fully deboxing her. She is the only one of the dolls that truly looks like she belongs on the red carpet or fashion runway.

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Boxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Boxed - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Boxed - In Display Case Next To Slip Cover - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Boxed - In Display Case - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Boxed - In Display Case - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Boxed - In Display Case - Full Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Boxed - In Display Case - Full Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Boxed - In Display Case - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Boxed - In Display Case - Full Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Boxed - In Display Case - Full Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Boxed - In Display Case - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Photos - Deboxing

Deboxing the Designer Cruella De Vil doll.

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered Next to Acrylic Top - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Closeup Front View #3 by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Full Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Closeup Right Front View #3 by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Full Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Midrange Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Closeup Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Closeup Rear View - Certificate of Authenticity by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Closeup of Left Hand - Cigarette Holder and Purse by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Midrange Front View - Faux Diamond and Bodice by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Closeup Front View - Shoes by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Closeup of Right Hand and Ring. by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Uncovered - Closeup of Nameplate by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Backing Opened by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Spacer Removed From Backing - Full Right Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Freed From Backing and Spacer - Full Right Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxing - Freed From Backing and Spacer - View of Wire Around Legs by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Photos - Deboxed - On Display Stand

Designer Cruella De Vil is shown standing, supported on her display stand, from various angles.

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Portrait Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Portrait Right Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Midrange Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Portrait Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Right Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Left Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Midrange Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Portrait Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Midrange Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Portrait Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Cruella De Vil Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll - Personal Photos - Deboxed - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Yay, I'm so grateful you post all your pics! I only got to see them once at the store to "approve" of their condition before they got put away until Christmas.

Wow, that jacket! It's even more luxurious than I hoped. It looks so nice the way you've got it opened up like that.

Only 70 days left before I can open my set. Good grief! Why did I ever agree to wait until Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back