• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!
Cruella looks gorgeous!

This pre-order has been such a headache. I emailed disney last night because my tracking number still says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

So I asked what the hold up was....the response that I got this morning was that the package had been delivered.....I do not have it so now I am freaking out. Ugh.

Cruella looks gorgeous!

This pre-order has been such a headache. I emailed disney last night because my tracking number still says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

So I asked what the hold up was....the response that I got this morning was that the package had been delivered.....I do not have it so now I am freaking out. Ugh.

Hmmmm... Quick question: the tracking number you are looking at is for the dolls and not the supplemental gift bag(s)? Here's my story (my dolls are scheduled to arrive in California on Wednesday): last week, I did not receive the customary e-mail shipping confirmation until a few hours after I noticed that the website had updated with a tracking number, BUT on the website, they listed the same tracking number for both the dolls and the separate gift bag(s). When I went to ups.com and entered that one tracking number in the search option, it came up with that same "shipping label has been created" message, but then I noticed that the order contained 2 separate shipment packages. When I expanded that portion, I noticed that there were actually 2 separate tracking numbers and that the dolls had already shipped out (they are approx 21.20 lbs). The other package (listed at 1.5 lbs) is still in the "shipping label" status. Btw, the 2 shipping confirmation e-mails actually have the appropriate UPS tracking numbers assigned to the corresponding packages. Hope that helps a little. :|

Set arrived this morning in perfect shape - #60 of 13000!

That's fantastic, Steve! I think that is the lowest reported LE number so far on a public forum that I have seen. :) But best of all, thank goodness your set did not have the same issues as last year's debacle! As I recall, they sent your Designer Princess set to an open field?!?

That's fantastic, Steve! I think that is the lowest reported LE number so far on a public forum that I have seen. :) But best of all, thank goodness your set did not have the same issues as last year's debacle! As I recall, they sent your Designer Princess set to an open field?!?

Yes, the ship address in the shipping e-mail was a local college soccer field :facepalm: - even though the correct address was on the D23 pre-order slip. Took another three weeks and multiple calls to Disney Customer Service to get everything straightened out - at least they elevated it up the support chain, and even called back when they said they would. That set was #192

FYI, on the outer box label "Girls Toys / DesignerVillainsDollSet", the set number (060) was in the Dept field on the label

Just got my 2 sets of pre-ordered villain dolls - the gift bag was included in the box with the dolls. I got sets # 40 and #96

Wow can't believe the deep plunge on the Cruella doll reminds me of the J Lo dress a few years back but mine is also experiencing a slight Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction LOL

Last edited:
That's interesting, I got an shipping notification email from Disney indicating my gift bag is being shipped separately (apparently, still stuck in the warehouse)

That's interesting, I got an shipping notification email from Disney indicating my gift bag is being shipped separately (apparently, still stuck in the warehouse)

Yes, for me, as well. There is a mysterious parcel that weighs 1.50 lbs that has had a shipping label created for it, but it's been sitting at the warehouse since 10/10/2012. I had assumed that it was the gift bag(s), but people have been saying that the promised one gift bag is in the same box as the dolls. Very curious!

also another thing I noticed you will easily be able to tell whether a doll was part of the pre-order set or bought individually as the price tag on each of the pre-order dolls says $477 - can you imagine 100 years from now someone out there is going to think that each of these dolls sold individually for $477

Yes, for me, as well. There is a mysterious parcel that weighs 1.50 lbs that has had a shipping label created for it, but it's been sitting at the warehouse since 10/10/2012. I had assumed that it was the gift bag(s), but people have been saying that the promised one gift bag is in the same box as the dolls. Very curious!

This exact same thing is happening to me. My dolls are scheduled to arrive to the place I'm having them shipped to tomorrow and I'll be going there to pick them up later in the afternoon so hopefully they've arrived by then or that will be a wasted (sort of, I also need to pick up my Tremaine from the same place) trip. But my mysterious 1.5 pound most likely the designer bag package has only ever said "shipping label created", since the same date. I hope the bag is in the box with the dolls, as it SHOULD be. I mean, it's a bag that can be folded flat. A whole separate package is such a waste! But the extra shipping number is really confusing! Has anyone who's received their dolls already had the same sorts of e-mails with two different tracking numbers but got the bag inside the big box with the dolls anyway??

Another thing I'm curious about, people are saying each doll is listed at $477, PLEASE tell me that's what the price sticker says on the back of the dolls and not what's listed on the invoice slip. I'll have to submit the invoice slip to customs to get the dolls into Canada and I only want to pay customs on $79.95 x 6, not $477 x 6!!! I'd literally cry if that happened and I'm not sure how understanding border guards would be when I explain it's the whole set that's nearly five hundred bucks, not each doll! I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

Princess K, I am planning on printing out the disneystore.com receipt, possibly even a credit card statement with the charge, to prove the actual cost.

The shipping invoices from DS.com tend to not list pricing. So in that area, you'll want to print up a copy of the order from your account online.

My dolls are all #00,106/13,000. The carton label says it's carton/CART #00100. Based on the information I've gathered from the US pre-orders, it sounds like the doll sets of #00001 through #00006 are not being circulated (probably reserved for VIPs). This would account for the number discrepancy between the carton numbers and the doll set CoA numbers within. I noticed that on the label the department number for the dolls are #060.

This exact same thing is happening to me. My dolls are scheduled to arrive to the place I'm having them shipped to tomorrow and I'll be going there to pick them up later in the afternoon so hopefully they've arrived by then or that will be a wasted (sort of, I also need to pick up my Tremaine from the same place) trip. But my mysterious 1.5 pound most likely the designer bag package has only ever said "shipping label created", since the same date. I hope the bag is in the box with the dolls, as it SHOULD be. I mean, it's a bag that can be folded flat. A whole separate package is such a waste! But the extra shipping number is really confusing! Has anyone who's received their dolls already had the same sorts of e-mails with two different tracking numbers but got the bag inside the big box with the dolls anyway??

Another thing I'm curious about, people are saying each doll is listed at $477, PLEASE tell me that's what the price sticker says on the back of the dolls and not what's listed on the invoice slip. I'll have to submit the invoice slip to customs to get the dolls into Canada and I only want to pay customs on $79.95 x 6, not $477 x 6!!! I'd literally cry if that happened and I'm not sure how understanding border guards would be when I explain it's the whole set that's nearly five hundred bucks, not each doll! I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

There wasn't an invoice for my package, only a packing slip - the $477 tag is on the back of each doll slip cover. Each doll is in its own shipping carton and the six are in a larger box. The gift bag was not in my box. The outside UPS label did have "Package 1 of 2".

Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll Set - Full Group Photos

I received my Disney Villains Designer Collection Doll Set of all six dolls. My Carton # is 272, but my actual serial # is 278 for each doll, exactly 6 more than the carton number, as Shivatopia mentioned above. The price sticker on the back of each doll says $477, which is actually the price for the full set. That means that these dolls were always reserved to be sold as a set. All the dolls arrived in perfect condition. Also included in the package was one Designer Villain Gift Bag. I photograph them as a group, and also place my deboxed Villain dolls stacked on top of them. Also a Designer Princess was chosen to be paired with each Designer Villain:

Aurora paired with Maleficent.
Snow White with the Evil Queen.
Cinderella (standing in for Alice) with the Queen of Hearts.
Ariel with Ursula.
Rapunzel with Mother Gothel.
Belle (standing in for Anita Radcliffe) with Cruella De Vil

Disney Villains Collection Doll Set - First Look - Opened Shipping Carton by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Collection Doll Set - First Look - Shipping Carton - Manufacturer's Label by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Collection Doll Set - First Look - All Six Villain Dolls Boxed With Gift Bag - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Collection Doll Set - First Look - Boxed Villains - All Six Stacked - Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Collection Doll Set - First Look - Villains In Display Cases - All Six Stacked - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Collection Doll Set - First Look - Villains In Display Cases - All Six Stacked - Rear View - Serial #00278 of 13000 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Collection Doll Set - First Look - Villains In Display Cases - All Six In A Row - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Collection Doll Set - First Look - Villains In Display Cases - All Six In A Row - Slip Cases Above - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Collection Doll Set - First Look - Villains In Display Cases - All Six In A Row - Deboxed Villains Stacked Above - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Villains Collection Doll Set - First Look - Villains In Display Cases - All Six In A Row - Deboxed Designer Princesses Stacked Above - Wide View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Well I have now got Maleficent and Cruella. I would like to get maybe the Evil Queen and Ursella but it depends on how long Disney UK keep them available for as I don't really want to spend £200 on dolls in such a short time!

Beautiful pics, DRJ1828! :) I considered getting the camera to take pictures of the unveiling process out last evening when the UPS man arrived to deliver the package, but it felt too much like Christmas morning, and I just went ahead and started opening everything up. My (one) gift bag was slipped into the side of the box, next to Designer Cruella, Designer Ursula, and Designer Queen Grimhilde's shipper boxes.

Oh, and for a visual of the wonky price labeling so everyone can see, here's a pic of the price sticker on the back of my Designer Queen of Hearts' slip cover:

Last edited:
Hmm thats interesting that the CART# wasn't the same. I don't own any Designer dolls so I wouldn't know. However it is still true for the LE dolls. Great pictures ! Also makes me want to collect the designer dolls. I'm hoping Disney will come out with a heroine designer set. Also as far as Cruellas plunging neckline , I heard a lot of people complaining that someone without children must of created her. I think that is a bit riddiculous, cause I don't know anyone who would give a child an $87 doll to destroy.

Hmm thats interesting that the CART# wasn't the same. I don't own any Designer dolls so I wouldn't know. However it is still true for the LE dolls. Great pictures ! Also makes me want to collect the designer dolls. I'm hoping Disney will come out with a heroine designer set. Also as far as Cruellas plunging neckline , I heard a lot of people complaining that someone without children must of created her. I think that is a bit riddiculous, cause I don't know anyone who would give a child an $87 doll to destroy.

My best guess is that the doll sets with #00001 through #00006 are either reserved for VIPs or are to be kept in some archive somewhere. So the cartons for the rest of the Designer doll pre-orders just picked up from there. I read somewhere (I think on facebook) that somebody got the Designer dolls with #00008, so if their carton said CART #00002, that pretty much clenches that. But your findings for the 17" LE dolls label correlation is spot-on! :)

Yeah, I think sexy Cruella may have been a turn-off for parents and prudes, alike. Whatever! It is a fantasy re-imagining of the character, and Cruella de Vil is written to have always worn fitted satin gowns over her skinny body (referencing the original novel). Also, these dolls are meant for collectors age 14+. Now, that said, how many of us heard of or saw parents buying the Designer Princess dolls supposedly for their destructive kids? Those dolls retailed for $60 each before tax. I am sure many a Designer Princess doll has met her doom in this fashion... Luckily for the Designer Villains, they are not by nature kid-friendly. I think people out there need to make a reality check that dolls are not just kid's toys, in the same way that they need to realize that Disney in not "just for kids."

Last edited:
The Villains must not be doing so well...I received this email today:

email_main_designer-villains_20121018_01.jpg
email_main_designer-villains_20121018_02.jpg

email_main_designer-villains_20121018_03.jpg
email_main_designer-villains_20121018_04.jpg

All of the dolls for this series have now been released...and not one of them has sold out. And they are still pushing the buy-all-six option, and discounting other Designer Villains merchandise. I am wondering if Disney now regrets doing such large edition sizes for these dolls. I felt like they could have made all of these somewhere between LE 5000-8000 and met the demands without problems, but I guess the fiasco with the Designer Princesses prompted them to up the edition sizes. I wonder how long the dolls will actually last, and if they will get desperate and eventually start discounting the actual dolls, or ship some of them back to stores so people will see them in person and purchase them, or just leave them up on the website until they eventually sell out. I guess time will tell. :)

I also wonder how this will affect future Designer Doll releases (if they were planning to do more). If they were planning on doing Designer Heroines, for instance, would they lower the edition sizes back to Designer Princess levels...or would the Designer Villains turnout make them not want to do anymore Designer dolls ever?

The Villains must not be doing so well...I received this email today:

email_main_designer-villains_20121018_01.jpg
email_main_designer-villains_20121018_02.jpg

email_main_designer-villains_20121018_03.jpg
email_main_designer-villains_20121018_04.jpg

All of the dolls for this series have now been released...and not one of them has sold out. And they are still pushing the buy-all-six option, and discounting other Designer Villains merchandise. I am wondering if Disney now regrets doing such large edition sizes for these dolls. I felt like they could have made all of these somewhere between LE 5000-8000 and met the demands without problems, but I guess the fiasco with the Designer Princesses prompted them to up the edition sizes. I wonder how long the dolls will actually last, and if they will get desperate and eventually start discounting the actual dolls, or ship some of them back to stores so people will see them in person and purchase them, or just leave them up on the website until they eventually sell out. I guess time will tell. :)

I also wonder how this will affect future Designer Doll releases (if they were planning to do more). If they were planning on doing Designer Heroines, for instance, would they lower the edition sizes back to Designer Princess levels...or would the Designer Villains turnout make them not want to do anymore Designer dolls ever?

I received this email to. I am hoping they do lower the prices of the dolls because I want to buy them but I bought the $100 Limited edition Lady Tremaine so I am trying to not splurge as much :p The ones I really want are Maleficent, Ursula and Cruella. I am a huge fan of the Evil Queen and Gothel and have pretty nice collections for both so I would get them both eventually even though their dolls aren't my favorite. I also think the Queen of Hearts doll is adorable but I would probably get her last of them all. Hopefully they lower them soon if all else fails I'll get Maleficent seeing as she was the first and her merchandise sells pretty fast. Then I'll wait on the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back