• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!
If there are other designer dolls coming, I'm sure they're already in the works. This collection was in the design stage 6 months before the princesses hit shelves. I don't see why they would regret making so many. They'll all sell eventually. It just means all the money will go to Disney instead of scalpers for a huge profit. What's wrong with that?

Don't get me wrong, I do love my limited dolls with a certain excitement, but I think I love the stress-free purchases even more. I didn't bother with the princesses because there was too much drama. When these dolls were still around after weeks of being online, I have in and bought them. I really hope any other designer dolls will be plentiful, too.

(Plus, the villains are a lot nicer than the princesses)

Me and a friend were in the Disneystore, she said the Designer Villain range was great and she isn't a doll collector but would think of getting one as they are better than glitter princesses. I'm glad they have 13000. Who cares what number you have got or how many ("ooh it has a low number and edition size - I MUST have it!") Pur-leaze.

I am waiting to see if they will lower the prices of the dolls. I really want Maleficent, Ursula and Cruella. Although I don't like her as much as the other 3 I would also wanna get the Evil Queen because I have a lot of her merchandise and it would be weird not having the fab 4 gals together :D I like Gothel and the QoH's but I would probably get them down the road sometime. I just got the limited edition Lady Tremaine so I am trying not to splurge for a little bit but it's so hard haha. If all else fails I'll get Mally seeing as she was the first released and would probably sell out first being out for over a month now and just wait on the others.

If there are other designer dolls coming, I'm sure they're already in the works. This collection was in the design stage 6 months before the princesses hit shelves. I don't see why they would regret making so many. They'll all sell eventually. It just means all the money will go to Disney instead of scalpers for a huge profit. What's wrong with that?

Don't get me wrong, I do love my limited dolls with a certain excitement, but I think I love the stress-free purchases even more. I didn't bother with the princesses because there was too much drama. When these dolls were still around after weeks of being online, I have in and bought them. I really hope any other designer dolls will be plentiful, too.

(Plus, the villains are a lot nicer than the princesses)
I agree, they will sell out and Disney gets the money. The holiday shopping will gear up after Halloween and I think the Villain dolls will be a pleasant surprise for people who have not tuned in yet. I do hope Disney stays with this strategy because they are not getting thousands of people sending hate mail and we are all happy. The collectible doll market is volatile, the value goes up once a doll sells out but it will go down again and sometimes you can't even resell for what you paid, there are a few exceptions to that rule, but for the most part dolls are not a great investment. I attended a doll show recently and I was shocked at the prices of former grails, even R John Wright Disney dolls were going for a fraction of their cost and they used to be the most exclusive & expensive Disney dolls. I just collect to enjoy and I am amazed at the detail that goes into them and I love the differences in sculpts and clothes. I can't wait to see what 2013 will bring.

I thought coupon codes don't apply to "limited edition" items on the disney store. At least it didn't work when I tried to buy a maleficent bust a couple years back lol.

If Ursula went on sale I'd think about buying her... not Mother Gothel though. :roll:

My thought on the raise in price was that it was done specifically for the reason of increasing the LE size. Disney probably knew they would not sell out so fast, certainly not like the Princesses, but the hike in cost for the dolls probably offsets it if there was not a big following for the line. Still seems like people are enjoying that everyone got a change to get what they wanted this time around which makes a big difference to people after last time - at least Disney made the extra effort.

Interesting. Maleficent Villains Doll is not showing on website. Is she sold out?

Her product page does indicate that she is sold out, however, we saw before that the Designer Evil Queen doll kept bouncing in and out of being sold out for a while before stabilizing as available, so she may or may not be truly sold out. The key point is whether or not she reappears online after a day or so.

Don't suppose anyone knows when Disney will "finish" the Villains Merchandise (dolls included) and remove them from sale?

I asked Disney UK and they don't know although I noticed today that the Villains advertisement is no longer on the front page of their website.

i want to get a few more bits but want to know how much longer they are available for - so I can spread the cost. I was thinking maybe after Halloween they might start to withdraw?

i want to get a few more bits but want to know how much longer they are available for - so I can spread the cost. I was thinking maybe after Halloween they might start to withdraw?
I really hope not, they've released a lot of dolls in a sort period of time including the 17" it'd be unfair to withdraw them before the stock has sold out. Not everyone can pre-order or buy a villain each week.

I really hope not, they've released a lot of dolls in a sort period of time including the 17" it'd be unfair to withdraw them before the stock has sold out. Not everyone can pre-order or buy a villain each week.

I agree, as they are limited edition I would assume they will sell them until they're all gone. And by the time it's January and there is some stock left, I can see some of the merchandising ending up in the sales, though wouldn't put my hopes on the collector dolls though. :)

Maybe, just seems odd they have withdrawn the advertisement of them. You have to search for them now.

I have been trying to order Ursella for the last three days but the Disney Store UK website won't let you get past the payment method screen, they are aware of the problem but don't know when it will be fixed - useful

Maybe, just seems odd they have withdrawn the advertisement of them. You have to search for them now.

I have been trying to order Ursella for the last three days but the Disney Store UK website won't let you get past the payment method screen, they are aware of the problem but don't know when it will be fixed - useful

Whereabouts are you based? Perhaps it's an idea of trying to phone your local Disneystore and see if they have her available for you, so you can go and pick her up. They had quite a few in stock in the Stratford Westfield Shopping Centre store, if that helps :)

i am in Norwich. We have a Disney Store but it is only a small one and they don't have the dolls unfortunately. Hopefully the website will get working again soon!

Last edited:
I still haven't gotten my 6-set of dolls yet, even though I pre-ordered. =(
They shipped separately to the gift bag with the same tracking number (which is impossible according to UPS).
I've only gotten the gift bag (which I never cared about getting), I rang up DS all the way from Australia and they were not helpful.
Sent in an email, still no reply after 4 days.
Now I'm worried if I get a *replacement* set, they won't all be the same edition number for all 6 dolls, as it wouldn't be a reserved set.

I don't know why it's such a problem to ship in the order that people ordered the items.
This is the longest I've ever waited for an item from DisneyStore, so good chance it's not coming (even though it says "Shipped").
UPS has no record of it, only of the gift bag. I wish they gave me 2 separate tracking numbers like they are meant to.

Every online DS purchase I've made lately I've have problems with.
I had to get a new LE Cinderella because it arrived damaged. Good thing they didn't charge me, she actually arrived in good condition with airbags.

I had problems with my original shipment of Designer Princesses last year (1st shipment sent to non existent address even though the original paperwork had the correct address). When you call or email, ask to have the situation elevated, include the UPS tracking # and a copy and paste of the USS tracking info. It took 3 weeks to get my shipment straightened out, but the shipment finally made it OK. You might ask for a gift card / online discount code as compensation for the extra time and expense that you incurred trying to straighten out the missing shipment.

The Disney Store President, Jim Felding, used to have an open twitter account where you could contact him directly, but it looks like it has been protected.

Or try posting on the Disney Store Twitter or Facebook sites...

The second package, does anyone else's tracking number say "shipment information voided"?

I'm sure it's just the bag, and I honestly don't care about getting it, just seems weird.

Was finally able to order Gothel on Friday, I hope mine doesn't arrive all smushed now.. >: but should get her on Monday or Tuesday since she's in Botany now.
I'm sorry to hear what has happened with your dolls @Babydoll I hope they have arrived safely since your last post.

That sucks :\ you didn't have to send them back did you? Considering they're coming from such a long way, but I guess at least they're replacing them for you.
Lol yeah, I bundled a mug with mine and I have a feeling it's going to arrive smashed. >:

Lol yeah I figured as much, well now you can have a couple unboxed now which is pretty cool unless you decide to sell them.
& Thank you, I received them today and thankfully everything was fine but had them taken off me since they're Christmas presents. :p
I hate it when posties do that, mine tends to try and hide it under the front mat.. I know he means well but you never know if someone's walking by and steals something, had that happen before.

Aw :( I guess that's just the risk we have to take, I've never tried importing a globe yet kind of scared to haha. I wish they'd open a Disney store here but knowing Australia we probably wont get as many as the nice stuff. :\ Veering off topic sorry about that mods.

My store still has tons of dolls left. Maleficent sold out the second day, but Evil Queen just recently sold out. We still have a whole bunch of Ursula, Gothel, Cruella and Queen of Hearts.

My store also has multiples of all the dolls still for sale, and I don't know how many they got in at the start, but I doubt it was many. Lots of people looked at the dolls while I was there, some were even going to buy, until they saw the price tag and placed the doll back up on the shelf without a second thought. I ended up not purchasing any of the dolls, which disappointed me as I had been so excited for them. I looked at both the Maleficent and Evil Queen doll, but couldn't bring myself to buy either of them. I hated the back of the hair on Maleficent and there was something about the Evil Queen doll that I just didn't like. If they end up discounting these dolls, which I highly doubt, but you never know, then I might pick the Evil Queen one up.

All villains are still available on the Disneystore.co.uk website as well. I bought myself Ursula on Wednesday and had her indoors on Friday. Really chuffed with her. Am now waiting for the '97 LE Ariel to arrive to put next to her. We are also getting a new LE Ariel I suppose in 2013? Or did I misread that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back