• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Get Pepared, Designer Villains!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All villains are still available on the Disneystore.co.uk website as well. I bought myself Ursula on Wednesday and had her indoors on Friday. Really chuffed with her. Am now waiting for the '97 LE Ariel to arrive to put next to her. We are also getting a new LE Ariel I suppose in 2013? Or did I misread that?
Of course there will be! TLM is being re-released. I was looking at Ursula today but I seem to have gone off her :/

I love my designer villains! =D I got a low number too ^__^
They're all on display in my room now =)
Didn't care too much for the additional gift bag, but put it to use for display purposes.

I got the journals, mugs & compact mirror while on holidays in the USA. I would work at DisneyStore if only Australia had one! (I spent most of my holiday going down to disney store when I wasn't at disneyland haha).

6dtgzd.png

I'm thinking of making a video of them eventually.

Glad to hear everything worked out with the damaged dolls. Disney usually has "spare sets" when they do set pre-sells just in case something happens.

Lucky her...I wish I was as fortunate. Disney sent me NOT 1, but 2 damaged villain pre-order doll sets. Than because they were unable to replace my pre-order I receive a letter in the mail explaining how my account has been "deactivated" due to my continued dissatisfaction; despite Disney's repeated attempts at correcting the issue. Although correcting the issue, in my opinion, would be sending me a complete villain set in ONE piece! I use to be a top 10 contributor to the website and dedicated avid collector, but because of the horrible service I recently received I no longer purchase Disney. I've even decided to sell off most of my Disney collection because I am so disgusted with the way in which the situation was handled. Even when I reached out to corporate I was brushed aside and completely devalued as a customer. For a company that prides themselves in customer service I got to tell you I was treated like dog poop! Nonetheless, I've already saved plenty of money NOT renewing my D23 membership, not buying Merida & Elinor or Calhoun dolls and my multiple weekly online orders. Hey I guess I wasn't really that important to begin with since Disney can throw away top 10 contributing customers.

I was just online looking at the black friday specials and the remaining designer villain dolls are on sale for $59.50!!! Kinda wish I waited for them now!!

I was just online looking at the black friday specials and the remaining designer villain dolls are on sale for $59.50!!! Kinda wish I waited for them now!!

Agreed, but there was no way of telling how sales would go. No one anticipated that five of the six dolls would have remained available all the way through to Black Friday. Besides, I personally would not have wanted to wait over a month after the last doll was released to get them (I'm impatient ;) ). Clearly, the Disney Store is trying to get rid of their remaining stock. I think if Disney does make any more Designer doll collections, we'll probably see an LE size between 8000-10,000 at most. 13,000 was a lot, especially with characters that have a more narrow consumer base than the Disney Princesses.

Wow, and there's not even a quantity limit. It's too bad these sold so poorly. I thought they would take a while, but not to the point DS discounted them. That's pretty wild.

But, since I'm in Canada, the shipping would've cost more than the discount, so I guess I'm not too sad I paid full price.

It's not just the high LE but the high price that made them sell so slowly. $60 is a much better price tag.

I had a feeling this would happen with the release size, hopefully they won't make such a high amount again, but I still love all of them and actually had fun going in every week to get them …. It's how I found out about the Sergeant Calhoun doll! and I totally agree, $60 is a much better price especially with all the releases they did at once. It was a lot of dolls in a small time frame that my budget was NOT happy with!! :)

Just received an e-mail from the Disney Store with an extra 20% off already marked down items. I got the Mother Gothel designer doll for $47.60 :anxious: Code at checkout is "THANKS"

Wow, that extra 20% makes me really happy for anyone who buys them now. But it makes me sad for everyone who already got them... especially people like me who are waiting until Christmas for them anyway. They would've been about half the price. I'm really surprised Disney would do this for a limited item.

And it's not like you can return a LE doll and then buy it at the discounted price. I feel so duped!

The UK Disney Store website are now selling the Villains for £37.50 each down from £50. Think this works out as 25% off. A good deal for anyone who couldn't afford them before!

I have a designer villains doll- tangled Mother Gothel on auction on the auction/trade page. All I'm looking for is some good pins. If interested, check it out

Hmmm... Designer Queen Grimhilde (Evil Queen) seems to have sold out on the US DS.com again. If this is her final time being sold out, that would make her the second doll from this series to sell out. I wonder which doll will be next to sell out?

Well it looks like they are selling out in order of release date first Maleficient and now the Evil Queen, so my guess is the next one to sell out would be Urusla? As she is popular and is the third doll to be released.

Whoops sorry about that! You are right LordTremaine, I do agree with you though it would either be the next doll released (which in this case is the Queen of Hearts) or one of the more popular dolls which I always generally thought was Cruella.

they probably sell out quicker now, they're on discount in the UK store now as well. I bought Mother Gothel last friday, and I have designer Rapunzel on my way as well, which I've been able to buy for about 60£ on Ebay. Quite chuffed with that.

Just got back from my local Disney Store tonight. I stopped in to check out what was still left before Christmas, and lo and behold, there was a single Mother Gothel doll crowded onto a small shelf with some other villain merchandise. I had to snap her up right away! Lucky for me I was able to get her a the discounted price like online. She's not my personal favorite out of the set, but wow I'm so grateful to have her. Although, I thought it was interesting that the Villains weren't in so much of a demand as the Princesses were. All and all, I'm pretty glad I went in today, wow!

Just got back from my local Disney Store tonight. I stopped in to check out what was still left before Christmas, and lo and behold, there was a single Mother Gothel doll crowded onto a small shelf with some other villain merchandise. I had to snap her up right away! Lucky for me I was able to get her a the discounted price like online. She's not my personal favorite out of the set, but wow I'm so grateful to have her. Although, I thought it was interesting that the Villains weren't in so much of a demand as the Princesses were. All and all, I'm pretty glad I went in today, wow!

Congrats on the great find! :) As for the lesser popularity of the Designer Villains dolls, villains strike a sour note with a lot of kids, whereas the princesses are kid magnets... That said, these Designer dolls were intended for collectors age 14 and up, but a lot of parents out there kind of ignored that caveat and bought their kids $60 princess dolls that could either have been kept for collections or (horrors!) been used as play dolls. The increased numbers of each doll also made them more available, which seems to have thwarted the evil-doings of the sharks. :p Why pay shark prices, when you can get it for whatever Disney is selling them for (retail or less with a discount?). I think that Designer Maleficent, as the first doll, got snapped up a bit faster due to the sharks testing the waters, so to speak.

Congrats on the great find! :) As for the lesser popularity of the Designer Villains dolls, villains strike a sour note with a lot of kids, whereas the princesses are kid magnets... That said, these Designer dolls were intended for collectors age 14 and up, but a lot of parents out there kind of ignored that caveat and bought their kids $60 princess dolls that could either have been kept for collections or (horrors!) been used as play dolls. The increased numbers of each doll also made them more available, which seems to have thwarted the evil-doings of the sharks. :p Why pay shark prices, when you can get it for whatever Disney is selling them for (retail or less with a discount?). I think that Designer Maleficent, as the first doll, got snapped up a bit faster due to the sharks testing the waters, so to speak.

you are probably right, in that sense. I've been lucky to buy both Ursulla and last Friday Mother Gothel on the discounted price here in the Westfield Disney store in London. They were selling out rapidly. They literally had one of each of the villains left. It will be interesting to see where the designer collection will go from here. I'd wonder whether a new princess line is set in stone yet, now that Merida has joined the club.

Oh wow those sharks. That reminded me back in August when the six-doll pre-sale had just been put up on the website and sold out, I took a screencap of the eBay lots that popped up almost instantaneously.

tumblr_m930avBBYO1r71w6po1_1280.jpg

I hope we get a new line for 2013 too! Crossing my fingers for Disney Heroines or Princes!

These dolls were still on sale today at my local Disney store at £32.50 each (they had about 25 on display) - I just wish I loved them enough to buy the collection to accompany my princess set. I settled for the nail varnish set which had been reduced to £10 and I'm glad I picked this up because the colours are really nice and the bottles seem so much bigger than my princess ones.

Does anyone think that the lack of sell out of the Villian dolls will affect the next line? I suppose after the drama of the princesses Disney were always up against it with the next 'Designer' collection they released.

Does anyone think that the lack of sell out of the Villian dolls will affect the next line? I suppose after the drama of the princesses Disney were always up against it with the next 'Designer' collection they released.

I believe Disney went from one extreme to the other. I think they over-estimated the sales of the Disney Villains set as they had based it on what happened with the Disney Princesses (which thy had under-estimated) but I think what they had failed to take into consideration was the fact that the market for Disney Villains is not as big as it is for the Princesses.

Whilst there are people that do love the Villains there are just not as many as those that love the Princesses. It's the whole loving the good guy more so than the bad guy thing. So from the get go Disney's market for these dolls would have reduced to just those that collect the Designer sets and those that love the Villains (but in most cases these sort of purchasers just bought the ones they liked rather than collecting the entire set). Note as well that even thought it states it is an adult collector item a lot of people would have been buying the princesses for their kids/grand kids but when it comes to villains they are more likely to not buy them as they wouldn't want their kids/grand kids to look up to villains nor would they believe that the child would like it. So the Villains really are more of a collectors item.

In my opinion I believe that if Disney were to do another designer line such as the heroines as suggested by several people, I think Disney would learn from their mistakes with both the Villains and Princess Designers and decrease the limit size to a reasonable amount (around the 8,000 mark) because whilst you want to be fair to everyone you do want the dolls to sell out quick or else it will just lose its whole "limited edition" feel and once they start discounting the item it sort of reflects poor demand and can lose its appeal to some people.

Also other than the Princesses you can expect most other characters (that could potentially be in the Designer line-up) would not be as popular or in demand as the Princesses were so a smaller edition size would be justifiable.

i can't believe the designer villains are reduced to £24.99 in the sale! and the set of 6 for £149.99. wish i waited now :( but knowing my luck if i did wait i would be having trouble getting them. oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back