Go-Mater travel pin game

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by carolynhill, Nov 6, 2010.

1. carolynhill

carolynhill DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

You know that thing people do with a plastic gnome or a stuffed animal, sending it from person to person, each of whom takes a photo of the object posed in front of local scenery before sending the object off to someone else? How about if we do that with a Disney pin?

I've got a Mater pin that seems eager to travel: Pin 63497: DLR - Mickey's Pin Odyssey 2008 - Surprise Pin - Mater. Mater is sliding along a map of Anaheim, and the text on the pin says, "Wherever ya go ... there y'are."

Want to see how far we can make Mater travel? Then be the first person to post after me in this thread, saying you want to give Mater gas. After that, PM your address to me, and I will mail Mater to you.

After you receive the pin, take a photo of it in a location near you, post the photo in this thread, and announce that Mater is ready to travel on. UPDATE: Margaret has made a thread for pictures and Go-Mater stories: see http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?1218

Here's a cropped photo of the Mater pin at my house in Rodeo, California. (The complete photo is in a Go-Mater album on my profile page. I didn't want to plaster my face all over the first post.)

gomater-rodeo-crop-20K.jpg

If you want to play, ready, set . . . go Mater!

UPDATE April 26, 2011:
    Mater is on the move! Here's Mater's itinerary, so we can keep track of where he's been and where's he's headed next.

Go-Mater Travel Itinerary

1. carolynhill -- Rodeo, California -- posted & departed
    2. Nettiejeanne -- Montana -- arrived & posted & departed
    3. swim2sea -- Florida -- arrived & posted & departed
    4. Earthbound -- UK -- arrived & posted & departed
    5. Coblj003 -- Illinois -- arrived & posted & departed
    -- then he got lost for a while and ended up back with Nettiejeanne in Montana
    6. Tabbitkat2219 -- Kentucky -- arrived & departed
    7. Gargress -- Orlando, Florida -- arrived & posted & departed
    8. AverysFairyTale -- DCA, California -- arrived & posted & departed
    9. TinyTink -- Africa -- arrived & departed
    10. Iamdisneydan -- California -- arrived & posted & departed
    --then he got lost on the way to Rumsgone when we tried to jump the order of the list
    11. flaneur -- Indiana
    12. caligirlUCR -- California
    13. huertajv -- California
    14. Sampster -- UK
    15. tokyodisneydad -- Japan
    16. movingthestars -- Japan
    17. RumsGone -- California
    18. Constance -- New Orleans
    19. SyriusLionWing -- UK

PLEASE NOTE: Margaret has made a thread for pictures and Go-Mater stories: see http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?1218

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  2. Cicada

Cicada Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

awesome idea :D

3. carolynhill

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Go-Mater is going nowhere. :cry: Poor guy isn't getting any gas.

Maybe this thread would do better on the new game board?

4. Nettiejeanne

Nettiejeanne DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

Does Mater want to come to Montana??????? PM on it's way!

5. carolynhill

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Mater is going to Montana! Hooray! Thanks, Annette. I'm firing up the engine right now .....

6. Bricklayer

Bricklayer Administrator DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    200   0   0

This thread has been moved to the games forum :)

I'm excited about the new games forum! *decides which game to jump into*

7. swim2sea

swim2sea DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

After Mater visits Montana, he can come to Sunny South FLorida for a visit. Let me know who to PM.

8. Cicada

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

we'll be in vegas this weekend :p wish we coulda gotten it in time for some vegas pics! :p

9. earthbound

earthbound DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    100   0   0

Bryan - I'm there on Sunday!! Flying in from London!! Once I'm back in the UK then Mater can come over & maybe I can take him the Paris on weekend of 12/17, either way maybe he'd like to come over the pond at some stage

10. Stitch2814

Stitch2814 #1 Kevin Fan DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    163   0   0

mater can come to Ireland if he wants to :)

11. carolynhill

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Mater will be in the mail by noon today, heading toward Annette's house in Montana.

Margaret, you're next after Annette, so when Annette has posted her Go-Mater pic, you'll PM your address to Annette.

It looks like Mater is going to jump the pond soon after that and travel the UK and Europe. Exciting!

12. swim2sea

swim2sea DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

OK, I'll monitor the post

13. earthbound

Rating - 100%
    100   0   0

Carolyn - great thread!! Hope you're going to keep a track of where Mater has visited! I bet he'll become the most travelled pin ever!

14. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Can Mater come to southern Illinois when he's been around the world.

15. Tabbikat2219

Tabbikat2219 BANNED

Rating - 99.1%
    210   2   0

Mater can come to Kentucky also

16. Nettiejeanne

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

I am a huge scrapbooker... so I think I'll do a mini-album of Mater's travels. I'll just print up the pics that people post as he travels around the world, so if we could all post just a sentence or so about where he is and what's in the background, that'd be awesome. I'll post pics of the completed pages so you can see them, k?

What a great opportunity for me to buy "Cars" scrapbook supplies! Heh, heh, heh.... (shhhhhh!!! don't tell my husband!)

P.S. I'd love to put a pin on the cover, so if anyone has this pin to trade or sell, let me know and hopefully, we can work it out! Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  17. Cicada

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

myself, thejessta and bricklayer will also be in vegas this weekend, though im not sure when we're leaving -- i'll definitely let you know! when are you leaving to fly over here?

18. carolynhill

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Yippee, coblj003 and Tabbitha, too! Earthbound is right: Mater is gonna be one majorly traveled pin.

Annette, you are brilliant! A scrapbook is an extremely excellent idea. I wish I had another Mater pin to give you for the cover.

Should I be making a list of the order in which people volunteered to host Mater, or can people just keep track by referring back to posts in this thread?

19. gargress

gargress DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I would love to have Mater when he gets back to the Americas or when he's next available. I'm in sometimes-sunny Orlando, Florida! Mater could try to meet a gator. :D

~Marilyn

20. AverysFairyTale

AverysFairyTale Peter Pan Completest DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    145   0   1

When Mater makes it back to the US I would love to take him to DCA!

21. DisneyScouter

DisneyScouter Scouting for my favorite pins DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Carolyn, I would recommend you edit your first post as people respond and as Mater gets to his next stop, that way people can check real quick as to where he is and where they are in line.

22. Nettiejeanne

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

He's here! Mater made it to Montana! I'll be taking the pic the next day or so.... so be watching for it!

And, not only did Go-Mater arrive.... but Carolyn zapped me at the same time! It's so awesome!!!

[​IMG]

23. Pinfreak

Pinfreak New Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

thats a great idea but since I am in cali and there are already a lot of people here, hopefully I can wave to him as he goes by

24. iamdisneydan

iamdisneydan The Bald Guy In The Back DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

Hey Guys, (Annette) in addition to the scrap book I think it would be really cool to have a travel log.
    Where he started, where he went, how far in miles and the time it took.

There is a site that does this with money, its called where's George and they track the life of a dollar bill. (many of course) and they have a little stamp. We can call this wheres Mater? I think a travel log would be awesome.

And of course, I WANT IN WHEN IT COME TO MY TURN. I also have done this with friends with a Teddy Bear but whoever had it tried to take a picture at a well known monument or landmark. I did mine with friends holding the bear in the forefront of the hollywood sign.

Just a thought so we can tell where it was without any explaination.

Cant wait to Gas Mater Up.

25. earthbound

Rating - 100%
    100   0   0

Bryan - we're due to land at McCarran at about 2pm Vegas time - then onwards to the Encore for a week. I'll PM you my UK cell No so that you have it just in case you fancy a beer!