Go-Mater travel pin game

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by carolynhill, Nov 6, 2010.

1. carolynhill

carolynhill DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

TinyTink (Felice) reports that Mater arrived safely in Africa one day ago. Hooray! When he's finished visiting with TinyTink, he's scheduled to head back to California to drop in on IamDisneyDan.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  2. carolynhill

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Is Mater out in the bush in Africa? I'm hoping he hasn't been eaten by a lion. :)

3. RumsGone

RumsGone Member

Rating - 90%
    9   1   0

Will Mater be willing to travel to "The Valley" in California?

4. carolynhill

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Certainly, RumsGone! I've added you to the list. You're number 16, after Mater visits Tokyo.

5. RumsGone

RumsGone Member

Rating - 90%
    9   1   0

So where is Mater? Do I need to send my address?

6. iamdisneydan

iamdisneydan The Bald Guy In The Back DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

I thought Mater was on his way to my neck of the woods.
    We have some cool things set for him including scuba diving if he makes it in time.
    I was bypassed to let him go to Africa.
    Where is he?

7. carolynhill

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

I'm assuming that Mater is still in Africa with TinyTink. I've sent her a PM to ask, but she hasn't replied yet.

8. huertajv

huertajv It's all about the Mouse! DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    294   0   0

I've been waiting too, but I think Mater thought it would be boring here, so he bypassed me. lolololol

Vicki

9. carolynhill

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Mater would NEVER be bored visiting pin enthusiasts such as yourselves, Vicki and John. He loves going new places and having chats with other shiny Disney pins in the DPF members' collections.

Maybe that's what's holding him up at TinyTinks' place: too much visiting fun. :)

10. carolynhill

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

TinyTink reports that Mater is on his way to Dan's place and that she (TinyTink) is trying to figure out how to post the photos of Mater in Africa. Hooray!

11. iamdisneydan

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

MATER HAS ARRIVED!
    I was very surprised to see a very large package at my door when I arrived home.
    There were a few cards from various people who have had Mater, all of which I know as well as some trading pins on a card started by JC himself.....No, not the Jesus guy, James Coble. Very nice Idea and there are like 5 or 6 pins you can swap out. I think I will add a few.

I have geat plans for Mater. There is a lot to do in the next few days and I will be sure to post pics of him in action before he is off to his next home. Thank you to Felice for including a really cool pin for his new home. I sincerely appreciate it and Mater will be sure to comment on some of his adventures with us.

Stay Tuned...................

12. carolynhill

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

That is exciting news, Dan! And I'm thrilled to hear that James's pin card is traveling with Mater. Thank you, James!

13. iamdisneydan

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

Mater chillin with friends

Well, after a long road trip Mater has done a bit of relaxing and has been chillin with friends talking about his adventures.
    You can tell his friends are happy to see him.

He is discussing what he will be doing for the next week or so while he is in Redondo Beach CA with his buddy iamdisneydan, you know, that Bald Guy In The Back.

Stay tuned to see what Mater does while he's here.....

Mater 003.jpg

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  14. carolynhill

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

How cool to see Mater parked with all his friends!

15. TinyTink

TinyTink Africa-The Real Animal Kingdom DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Ohhh, looks as if Mater is feeling right at home with all his 'car friends' back in the states...and I am feeling the pressure to figure out the picture posting thing...Mater had a fabulous time in Zambia - even had a 'moment' with a Tink pin....

:wavey:

16. carolynhill

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

I'm eager to see your photos, TinyTink!

17. iamdisneydan

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

Mater enjoys the day in Hermosa Beach CA

iamdisneydan & Mater chillin at the beach. Mater has a prime spot to check out all the action. Thats the Hermosa Beach Pier and while Mater was there, we was havin a great time.
    Mater 009.jpg

Here Mater takes a pic with a tribute to a well know surfer who lost his life in a car accident. Mater knew the towtruck that towed the wreckage so this was a special monument for him.
    Mater 007.jpg

Mater got to go to a concert while he was chillin at the beach. He actually had a back-stage pass but wanted you to see the stage.
    Mater 006.jpg

Later that day, Mater saw the Snapple Girls and had to get a cool refreshing snapple. The girls snap---pled at the chance to have their pic taken with such a celebrity. You can see the smile on their faces.....and Mater too!
    Mater 010.jpg

Mater may have had a bit too much snapple and was seen trying to tow the Snapple girls back to his place when police spotted him. The officer was just about to handcuff him when I came to his rescue and explained it was the snapple talking.......Mater relaxed the rest of the day as he prepared to go pin trading on Sunday.
    Mater 004.jpg

Mater will be back with more details of his adventures............

18. TheHapaOne

TheHapaOne Ninja Warrior

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

man I love your story of mater its the best so far

19. carolynhill

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

I am so glad that you convinced the police not to tow Mater off in handcuffs!

20. iamdisneydan

Rating - 100%
    127   0   0

It was a close call.
    More adventures to follow.

21. Bricklayer

Bricklayer Administrator DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    200   0   0

Looking forward to more pics, Dan. Entertaining stuff.

22. Constance

Constance Bitterly Discontent. DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1

I think Mater needs to come to New Orleans, but he might wanna wait until Mardi Gras to visit! We'll put him up here and take him to the parades iffin he wants!

23. carolynhill

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Mater would love to visit New Orleans, especially during Mardi Gras! He's time-challenged, though, so it's hard to predict how long it will take him to travel from one location to the next. (In a little less than a year, he's only visited eight places.) I've added you to his itinerary, Connie, which you can find in the first post in this thread. You're number 17 on the list. I hope that doesn't mean it will be another year before Mater visits you!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  24. RumsGone

RumsGone Member

Rating - 90%
    9   1   0

Has Mater made it to flaneur in Indiana yet? Getting worried about his travels. :)

25. flaneur

flaneur DPF Tourist

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Am I next? Haven't heard from campus mail service, but I will check my mailbox just in case.