Gofund me for Surgery. (Closed)

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Kritter, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Kritter

Kritter Carousel Fanatic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Hello fellow DPF members, I know I don't post often, I'm usually just lurking around pages, but today is a really important day to say something. Some of you may know my dog Jewel just recently had surgery and acupuncture to fix her partial-facial paralysis from a tooth surgery, so I don't have a lot of money floating around.

I'm here to ask a tremendous favor of everyone, something I would never ask of you unless i was really desperate, and I am. I need money to pay for a new surgery. Jewel is at the hospital right now and will be going under for a removal of a blockage in her intestine. We don't know what it is or how it got there, but if she doesn't get it removed she will die.

I know a lot of you are in your own dire straights and don't have the kind of cash to throw at someone else's dog but I would appreciate anything, even if it's just well wishes, and prayers. I have set up a go fund me, down below. Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Click here to support Jewel's Surgery Fund organized by Kristin Ritter

Cicada likes this.
  2. Kritter

Kritter Carousel Fanatic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Thanks to all who have donated and shared my gofundme, Jewel is in surgery now. I'll keep you all posted on her condition.

Cicada likes this.
  3. Sami

Sami Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Hope Jewel is ok and she recovers quickly. Two of ours just had to go into surgery for their knees, and one had complications. I hope she is ok and I hope you're ok, our 4 legged friends can be more like our 4 legged children, it's difficult when they get sick or hurt. *hughug*

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cicada likes this.
  4. Kritter

Kritter Carousel Fanatic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Thank you so much Sami! Every little bit of encouragement and prayers is worth it to me.

Cicada and Sami like this.
  5. Kritter

Kritter Carousel Fanatic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Thank you again to everyone who has been donating and sending well wishes! Jewel Got out of surgery late last night and is doing ok for now. It turns out it wasn't a blockage of something she ate, but was in fact intestinal torsion. The doctor said it can just happen sometimes. We still have a long road ahead of us for recovery. Thanks again!

6. Kritter

Kritter Carousel Fanatic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Thanks again to everyone donating, and sending well wishes for Jewel.

Update: Jewel is still at the vet. She is drugged up but she won't eat and the vet won't release her to us until she does.

If you cannot donate, I would be extremely grateful if you would share Jewel's gofundme page for me, The longer she stays at the hospital the more it's going to cost. Thanks again for all of your help and support!

Sami likes this.
  7. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Active Member

Rating - 100%
    376   0   1

Poor Jewel, hope she will be home and feeling better soon! Hugs!

8. Kritter

Kritter Carousel Fanatic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Thanks so much mickeymousje! It means a lot to me to get so much support!

Jewel is back home but she hasn't eaten on her own in three days, i'm hoping tomorrow she will be up to nibbling on something.

9. mickeymousje

Rating - 100%
    376   0   1

So happy to hear she's home with you <3 Hope she will eat something soon and that her recovery goes well, please keep us updated :)

10. Kritter

Kritter Carousel Fanatic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Sorry for the lat updates everyone, Jewel was eating for a while but has stopped today, it appears she has also got a cough now, she's heading to the vet tomorrow to have her staples taken out so we will know more of her status tomorrow, thanks agin for the thoughts and prayers!

11. mickeymousje

Rating - 100%
    376   0   1

I'm sorry to hear, hope she's doing better?

12. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

I just now noticed this thread. How is Jewel doing?

Sami likes this.
  13. Kritter

Kritter Carousel Fanatic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Hi guys thank you for the continued concern, she went to the vet and she doesn't appear to have a respiratory issue, but her abdomen appears "fluffy" as the vet put it. She may have some fluid in there. She's on antibiotics and pain killers now and will be going back for another check up on Thursday. I'll keep you all posted.

Sami and SoraPandora like this.
  14. mickeymousje

Rating - 100%
    376   0   1

Poor Jewel! Hope the antibiotics and pain killers are doing their job and that Jewel feels better soon!

15. Kritter

Kritter Carousel Fanatic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Thanks to everyone that helped out and sent well-wishes, Jewel just returned from her final vet visit, and the medicine worked, she is back to her happy self. I'll be closing out her go fund me. Thanks again everyone!

Sami and SoraPandora like this.
  16. mickeymousje

Rating - 100%
    376   0   1

Yay! I'm so happy to hear Jewel is doing okay! :D

17. SoraPandora

SoraPandora Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

Great news! Thanks for letting us know she’s okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Very happy to hear!