• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Gonna give this pin thing a whirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna give this pin thing a whirl

Satina

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I'm Satina and I'm 14 and never been much of a collector of anything except if collecting pretty shells off the beach counts. I was born on the small island of Palau in the city of Koror and just recently moved to the United States when I was 12 so my Dad could continue his job in Washington D.C.. I am in the 9th Grade and home schooled by my Mom and do a few co-op classes with other home schooled kids in my area. I like Pop Music, Chocolate, the Beach, Disney, Cooking, and having fun with my friends.

So why am I choosing to collect Disney Pins? Well I do really like Disney but recently I have fallen in love with the new movie Moana. The movie is something I can really relate to and the characters and songs are awesome. So I am going to give it a go and try to collect some of the Moana related pins. I have looked online and noticed there are not many Moana pins out there at all and most of the ones out there are kind of out of my price range right now. I am still going to plug away at it and have fun with it. I really think with the success of the movie there will be a ton more Moana pins being released that are in my price range. I guess I will see. So I have looked over this forum a bit and there is some awesome stuff and you all rock and really seem to know your stuff about pins so I think i came to the right place. I also made my own signature banner as I looked at some of the others here and I hope it is O.K. and meets the standards.

Welcome! Moana is a wonderful movie, and I wish you lots of luck with your new collection! :)

D.C. is probably my favorite U.S. city. (I used to work there.) I'm sure it's been quite an adjustment for you, but I hope you're starting to feel at home.

Welcome! Moana is a wonderful movie, and I wish you lots of luck with your new collection! :)

D.C. is probably my favorite U.S. city. (I used to work there.) I'm sure it's been quite an adjustment for you, but I hope you're starting to feel at home.
Thanks for the welcome. I do like going into Washington D.C. and seeing all the museums and monuments they are awesome. It has been an big adjustment but I have met a lot of cool friends and being home schooled also helps.

Welcome! There aren't too many Moana pins (yay) but some of the ones that do exist (the Jumbo Maui) are so expensive!

Good luck in your collection.

Hello Satina
Welcome to DPF :wavey:
I still haven't seen Moana yet , I'm going to have to correct that soon .
I'd suggest you might want to update your signature with PinPics numbers for the pins you want , it'll help others see if they have something you'd like to trade for .
Also when searching PinPics remember the film was called Viana in some countries so check that too :)
Happy Trading

Welcome! There aren't too many Moana pins (yay) but some of the ones that do exist (the Jumbo Maui) are so expensive!

Good luck in your collection.
Thanks :). Yeah I noticed that most are out of my price range at least for now. Maybe birthday and Christmas presents though.

Hello Satina
Welcome to DPF :wavey:
I still haven't seen Moana yet , I'm going to have to correct that soon .
I'd suggest you might want to update your signature with PinPics numbers for the pins you want , it'll help others see if they have something you'd like to trade for .
Also when searching PinPics remember the film was called Viana in some countries so check that too :)
Happy Trading
Hi and Thanks. Oh I forgot to do that. Don't know how much trading I'll get into but I will change it at some point. Adding text is an easy fix. I don't have any pins yet so I have nothing to trade. :) Oh, I forgot about the difference in name so I will check in on the other name. Thanks.

He,y welcome to DPF, it's nice to meet you!

It's great to see a fellow homeschooler, I hope you have a good time with homeschooling! :D

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Welcome:wavey:
Hi and Thanks.

He,y welcome to DPF, it's nice to meet you!

It's great to see a fellow homeschooler, I hope you have a good time with homeschooling! :D

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
Hey nice to meet ya to and thanks for the welcome. I really like being homeschooled. I've been doing it since we moved to the United States 2 years ago.

Welcome (both to the United States and to pin trading and the forum)!

If your parents are comfortable with giving me your address, I have a little welcome gift for you.

Welcome (both to the United States and to pin trading and the forum)!

If your parents are comfortable with giving me your address, I have a little welcome gift for you.
Thanks, I will ask them. My Mom will probably be fine with it but it's my Dad who may have a problem with it because of his job. I will let you know. That is so nice of you either way. :)

Welcome to DPF. I haven't seen Moana yet, but based on past Disney releases I'll bet they will make more pins for you to collect. DC is a treasure trove of museums! I worked in an art museum here in Texas for almost 30 years and loved all my visits to DC area museums.

No problem! :)

If your dad is ok with it, you can private message it to me so it's not posted out on the public area of the forum.

Welcome to DPF. I haven't seen Moana yet, but based on past Disney releases I'll bet they will make more pins for you to collect. DC is a treasure trove of museums! I worked in an art museum here in Texas for almost 30 years and loved all my visits to DC area museums.
Moana seems to be pretty popular that is for sure. i am expecting more pins to come. DC has some great museums and having my Dad working there(not in the museums) but in DC we go and see the sites a lot. We live about 30 minutes out of DC.

Last edited:
No problem! :)

If your dad is ok with it, you can private message it to me so it's not posted out on the public area of the forum.
OK, if not I am going to ask my parents if I can get a P.O. Box when I start getting pins.

Welcome! I wish you all the luck in finding your Moana pins. I debated starting collecting Moana too, but decided I already have enough pins to search for. Are you on Pinpics too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back