• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Goodbye to my old collection and HELLO to a new start. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodbye to my old collection and HELLO to a new start. :)

heyyouwannatrade

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
So, my pins are gone to a new home now and I am starting fresh with my collecting. I just wanted to share my board that has my pins on it that I kept from my collection. These were pins that were special to me for one reason or another (reasons why on each pin in post #5) and I was happy to be able to hang on to them while selling the collection. I still feel like I have a small and much loved collection so it gives me something to start from. :)

Here is my fresh start.
IMG_9667.jpg

I also have 2 new pins to add to it that came in the mail yesterday thanks to an awesomely sweet duo here. ((HUGS))

AND my new sweet friend who came to pick up the pins made me THIS and brought it to me which I TOTALLY love.

IMG_9671.jpg

I will update as I start to be able add to my new collection over time. It is crazy starting over but I am definitely looking forward to the challenge and FUN. :bigthumb: Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
It's interesting to see the ones you decided to keep. I spent a few minutes thinking about why you might have kept those particular pins--no doubt getting the reasons wrong, because I don't know you. :) But it was fun to imagine.

It's interesting to see the ones you decided to keep. I spent a few minutes thinking about why you might have kept those particular pins--no doubt getting the reasons wrong, because I don't know you. :) But it was fun to imagine.

I am sure it looks like an odd variety to choose as my keepers. Honestly, there were a lot of my FAVORITES that I let go of, a few I was crazy sad to see go but they were also some of the more sought after pins that I knew I would need to part with to help the collection sell so that played a role in what I choose to keep.

The card set is honestly one of my favorite sets DS.com has ever done. I love all 6 pins from it. I thought that they were well thought out, the size is great and when you take them into the sunlight and look at them they have so much depth to them. They are awesome. It is a set I never want to part with. I really adore them. :) They always make me smile and that is important.

The Chip and Dale MNSSHP pin... ALL time favorite party pin. I was not there that night so I could not get that pin and it took me a year of trying to finally get my hands on it. I love it. :)

POH Liberty Belle pin... It is special to us as a family b/c it was the first ride we took our son on a 6 weeks old. We sat in the inside area early one morning just enjoying being there as a family. It was one of those really sweet moments that you always remember.

The 3 poster pins... These were my 3 faves from the framed set. I had traded for them before ever having the chance to buy the full frame. Since I had the full frame to set to part with I wanted to at least keep the 3 I had traded for a few years ago. :)

Wall-e pin... It simply makes us SMILE. It was the first movie we all went to together after our second was born so it was a special movie to us and we just all 4 really like that pin.

The Partners Statue with Figment instead of Mickey... I'd never part with this one. I traded a DVC CM for it on a trip about 3 years ago and honestly had no idea what it was at the time. I just thought it was really cute that Figment was in Mickey's place. I got back to the room and looked at it realizing it was an LE300 and an AP at that. The guy had told me he had a freshly stocked lanyard and I was going to really like it and boy was he right. We chatted for quite a bit and he was a super sweet guy. We saw him several more times throughout the trip and we always called him our dvc friend.

The Toy Story White Glove... My oldest son really wanted this pin and it was going to be coming out about 4 days before we made it to Disney so a super sweet dizpins member offered to pick it up for us. She bought it the day it came out and came over to meet us during lunch at MK the day we got there to bring it to us. It was super nice and we liked meeting her family. My kids will always adore this pin so I could never imagine parting with it.

The 2 fairies.... I simply hung on to these b/c they were doubles and I was not getting to really keep any of my main collection (Sleeping Beauty) so I was happy to have at least a couple of doubles to keep my SB collection going.

Tink TV pin... Another one that really just makes me smile. I love everything about it. It is such a pretty pin and I love the old tv.

Tink as Snow White... When this one came out I was really into collecting Snow White pins and I thought this one was really well done. I had always wanted the DA version of Tink as Snow White but never was able to get it so I was so thrilled when this one came out. I sat up all night to get it. It will always be a fave of mine.

Dateline Quilt Pin... I simply ADORE this pin. It was the only pin from that event I wanted. I set up a pre-trade for it and traded off the Ariel Princess Ball Event pin for it. I was so excited when it came in. It was even more beautiful than I thought it would be. It is a GREAT pin. It is another one I could never imagine parting with now.

The Minnie NOS pin... It is so cute and I had a double so I was excited to get to keep it. :)

The COP pin... I went to Disney when I was 11 for the first time and I was scared of rides back then so I would not ride too much. I always remember enjoying the COP. It was one of the things I just thought was so cool. I have always been crazy about vintage things so having the look into the past was so cool for me even at that age. I did not go to Disney again until I was 24 years old and that was the first thing I wanted to head to. I still love it and do it every trip. It never gets old to me. There are several COP pins I have tried to get over the years but this was only one of 2 I had ever had any luck getting my hands on.

The Beauty and the Beast Puzzle set... What can I say, this set is just BEAUTIFUL. I lover everything about it (well, except how hard it was to put onto the board...lol).

The Jess as Goofy is the first pin my dh ever bought. He loves it so I did not want to take it away from him. Being I love characters dressed as other characters it has always been high on my fave list anyways. ;)

The phone-booth pin... I just have to say WE LOVE THE RED PHONE BOOTHS IN EPCOT. ;) We take pictures in them every year. I want to buy one to put in my house one day. :D

and lastly, the Chip and Dale as Buzz and Woody... This was as far as I can recall the first pin I ever bought from ds.com and paid full price for. ;) I was always buying from the sales or with promo codes, etc. Not this time. I saw this pin, waited up for it to come out and bought it right away. It was an awesome pin. I totally love it and since my oldest son was crazy over that movie at the time I knew he would adore it. It has been another I said I would never get rid of.

SO, more than you wanted to know I am sure but I thought I would share my reasons behind why I kept each pin that I kept.

I have one more I kept that I had in my cabinet... I almost forgot about it. It is this pin... Pin 6614: Disneyana Convention Artist Choice #1 (Alice In Wonderland Anyone For Tea Dangle)

I have had that pin in my cabinet for years. I would never part with it. It shows everything I have ever loved about Alice in Wonderland. I love seeing all of the characters right there together all bunched up. It is silly and fun and always makes me smile. I may move it to my board to help fill it up but I guess I just find it strange to move it after so long...lol

Last edited:
I can't believe i've never seen that Chip and Dale MNSSHP pin! I love it! Also loving the Chip and Dale as Buzz and Woody :)

I've also never seen the Chip N Dale MNSSHP pin. And we were there for Halloween that year. *adding it to my want list now*

And I love the Tink as Snow White pin as well. Still on my want list though. :hs:

Even though your new starting collection is small, you have some real quality pins in it. :bigthumb:

Thanks so much guys! Yes, I totally love that Chip and Dale pin. It is so cute in person as well! Hope it won't take you guys as long to get it as it did me...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back