Goofy's Superbowl Football Pool

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by Goofy_Moe, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Goofy_Moe

Goofy_Moe Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

So most of you have probably seen these around the office at work or among friends at the local pub...

But I doubt there has ever been a DPF version of a football pool for the Superbowl...!!!

Well now there is... WooHoo...

Because gambling is not permitted in many locations, the entry for my game will be a commitment to send 2 Zaps to fellow DPF Members and I will put up the prizes for the winners... So this is basically a free game for anyone who is willing to send two people a pin from their collection...

This game is open to all DPF Members and entry is based on honesty as there is no way of prooving if you followed through or not... So please only play if you intend on keeping the 2 Zap commitment...

There is a maximum of 2 squares allowed per member and each square would require 2 zaps to be sent...

Zap Requirements -

Both zaps must have a value of at least $10 each...

The first Zap must be sent to a veteran DPF Member... This is a Member with at least a feedback score of 25 or more...

The Second must be sent to a DPF Newbie... This is a Member with less than 24 total feedbacks...

To commit to play all you need to do is post the square number or 2 square numbers that you would like to have as your spots on the board... If you happen to select a spot that has already been selected, then a random location will be given to you...

There are 100 locations to choose from numbered from 1 to 100...

Prizes will be awarded for 1st Quarter, Halftime, 3rd Quarter and Final Score

I will hand pick the prize for the winner based on their wants list and if I cannot match something, I guarantee you a top quality trader as the prizes for each quarter...

So I guess the qustion now is...

Are You Ready for Some Football!!!!

2. Goofy_Moe

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

reserved

3. Goofy_Moe

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

reserved space

4. lucan444

lucan444 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

im in I would like space number 44 and space number 66. My four zaps will go out this weekend.

should we start a football zap thread recieved to see what folks get?

5. Goofy_Moe

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

Yes that would be awesome if you could do that... Thanks...

6. MMiano

MMiano Princess Mmiano

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

I have never done this type of thing before. How is the winner selected?

7. Goofy_Moe

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

When all squares are filled, then random numbers from 0-9 will be assigned (done with a randomizer) to each column going up and down and for each row across from left to right... That will give each square a unique pair of numbers...

At the end of each quarter we use the last digit of the scores for the two teams to determine which square is the winner...

For example... If at halftime the score is AFC 21 and NFC 7... Whoever has the number 1 going up n down and the number 7 from side to side would win...

If the final score ended up at AFC 21 and NFC 37... Then the same person would again win...

I hope I explained it ok... If there are still questions feel free to ask, or just play as everyone will be watching who wins and if it is your square, you will be sure to know...LOL...

8. MMiano

MMiano Princess Mmiano

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

So are the people we are allowed to zap only the people who play the game?

9. Psycho Pixie

Psycho Pixie Vacations are a grand thing

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

Reserve space 7 and 77.

and so that you see people are zapping Moe, you could ask them to PM you the DC# for USA or Customs reciept # for international....

10. CanaDaLE

CanaDaLE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

I'll take #53 & 96. Is there a zap list of #'s or can you provide us a list of people to zap. I've seen the posts of people who've received zaps and always wondered how this was done. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

11. jsutherin1

jsutherin1 Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Hey Moe-

I would like space #6 and #10.

Thanks!

Jodi

12. Pin-A-Colada

Pin-A-Colada The PTD Guru

Rating - 100%
    183   0   0

I'll take 13 & 33

13. #1mickeyfreak

#1mickeyfreak Member

Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0

I'l take 38 & 90. Do we need to PM you the names of the 2 people we are zapping and I'm assuming the zaps need to reach them before the Superbowl, correct?

14. jsutherin1

jsutherin1 Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Watching the game will be the easy part....choosing my zapees has proven to be much more difficult :)

15. jsutherin1

jsutherin1 Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Hey Moe-

I just want to make sure before I start sending out random zaps to everyone.....can we zap any DPF member and not just a player in the pool and should we mention to the zapee that it is being generated by the football pool game?

Thanks!

Jodi

16. Psycho Pixie

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

It looks to me like the OP indicates ANY dpf member, so long as each square you take gets 2 zaps. One newbie and 1 veteran. So since i chose 2 squares, I need to send 4 zaps; 2 newbies and 2 veterans, right Moe?

Hey Moe... I don't watch football. So... can i just trust ya to tell me if i win?

17. jsutherin1

jsutherin1 Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Kristine...don't you even watch for the commercials ;)

18. Arielskellington1423

Arielskellington1423 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    104   0   1

Thats the best part of Super Bowl lol and half time

19. Psycho Pixie

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

I used to...

20. jsutherin1

jsutherin1 Member

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

I pretty much now just watch for the preshow commercials and half time....never know when there will be another "wardrobe malfunction" :)

21. jjgasman

jjgasman Member

Rating - 100%
    109   0   0

I'll take 47 and 96. As long as I run my own grid at work, I may as well join this one too! When we zap, how do we find out his/her address?

22. HandA

HandA Active Member

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

Jeff, Looks like tinawap grabbed 96 already.

23. Goofy_Moe

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

Sorry all for being MIA... Will get OP Chart up to date shortly...

To answer a few questions...

You may Zap any DPF Member, not just those playing the game...

If you need any address, you can send me a PM as I have about 150 of them or you may ask Tiggermickey via PM as you would any other Zap...

I am sure people will be posting on the thread who wins what...

Psycho yes you were correct for two squares that would be 4 zaps...

24. lucan444

lucan444 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

Thread for recievers is already up and ready, sent my four out !!!!!

25. Goofy_Moe

Rating - 100%
    290   0   0

Thanks Jason for the help... and I love the chart you sent me... I will use that as the final version when it fills up...