• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLP Got scammed during DLP Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLP Got scammed during DLP Event!
You should always slow the trade down when your not sure about the pin or the person you are trading with JMO.

I don't trade to France anymore. Got scammed by the biggest trader there. Sent him pins, says they were never received. But he knows if you ship Int'l priority with USPS you couldn't get tracking outside of the US at the time so he would just say they never came and keep them. You should be happy it was only one WDI pin, maybe less than $45. I lost over $200 and many more have lost more. I'd wager that even a fake of that pin is still valuable. Fantasy pins can appreciate in value regardless of authenticity or legitimacy.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry that happened. I'd like to know his pinpics ID too, if you'd be willing to PM me.

I still trade overseas; there are a number of traders in France that I've had really good experiences with. It's just good for us to share info on the bad ones so we can protect ourselves and each other!

Where is the do not trade with list? Would be helpful as there are so ;any ways to trade with people. I live in France but I have only traded with one or two people here from a facebook group. I have seen some fake pins on ebay (french) and a kind of website to re-sell stuff, but mostly obvious scrappers. I did also see on ebay a fake Haunted Mansion pin from one of the boxed releases. I asked for a photo of the back and told her it was not legitimate. Don't know if she ended up selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back