• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Grrrrrr... Need to vent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grrrrrr... Need to vent...

niknaxx

Collector of EVERYTHING!!!
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Grrrrrrrrrr I am so angry at Ebay right now :mad::mad:

I was bidding on a framed pin set. Got my bid in at the end of the auction, won it, the screen come up saying you are the highest bidder and you won the auction.

I go back to pay for the item after dinner only to find it in my "not won" item list!!! :mad::mad:

Grrrrr I am so frustrated!!

Thanks for listening to my tantrum!!!

Wow, sorry to hear that. Don't understand how ebay can let that happen. It makes ya nervous that it could happen to anyone. :(

I have had similar issues with the new pop-up window I think I have placed my bid then come to find out I didn't click the confirm button UGH - I liked it better the old way

That little pop up window was where it showed... "you are the highest bidder" like 5 seconds left.. and then the window updated went back to the auction listing... said you were the winner... and gone :( Shucks :( Oh well, guess that means I can spend the $$ on something else... hehehehe

Wow, I haven't had that happen....yet. I've been the high bidder with about 2 seconds left, only to be outbid literally at the last second. I'm sorry. That does suck. :(

If the set was Tarzan, someone else had previously bid higher. With the pop up, if your local computer time is not accurate (your bid was 9 seconds before the end of the auction), when the pop up checked for what your machine thought was the end of the auction it saw your bid as the highest bidder. If your machine was a few seconds fast, the other bidders final bid could have arrived just after your machine thought the auction ended. I deal with conditions like this all the time at work with the software I design and it drives me :crazy:

That little pop up window was where it showed... "you are the highest bidder" like 5 seconds left.. and then the window updated went back to the auction listing... said you were the winner... and gone :( Shucks :( Oh well, guess that means I can spend the $$ on something else... hehehehe

5 seconds is kind of an eternity when talking about ebay auctions. You can never really be sure you got an item until the clock hits zero, the page refreshes, and it still says you are the highest bidder. A lot of people don't bid until there are only 1 or 2 seconds left.

Wow, I haven't had that happen....yet. I've been the high bidder with about 2 seconds left, only to be outbid literally at the last second. I'm sorry. That does suck. :(

I've had this happen more than once lately & it makes me sooo mad!!

That stinks! I hate when things change at the last few seconds...
Hopefully you'll find another one for less money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back