• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Guide to PinTradingDB.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide to PinTradingDB.com

LittleBird

Kimagination
Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Since a lot of people are trying out pintradingdb.com right now (whoo!), I thought we should have a thread where we can post questions, information, and tips to using this database. I'll start us off, but @starry_solo is the one with the real inside knowledge. :)

Great features:
  • Anyone can add pins or photos and they show up immediately.
  • "Add a Similar Pin" allows you to easily add multiple pins from the same release.
Add-ons:
  • @GreyWyvern has created a Chrome add-on that will allow you to add pins to your wants/trades/owns through a pop-up box instead of going to the pin's page. If you have Chrome, download it here: Pin Trading Database Enhancement.
Known errors:
  • The database doesn't like empty fields right now, so enter as much info. as you can to avoid an error message. For OEs, this means putting something like "10,000" in the edition size field.
What other tips/tricks/problems are y'all experiencing? What other features would appear on your pin database wish list?

Last edited:
Another thing I remembered - the list of movies when searching for pins and adding a pin isn't nowhere near complete. Ex. you have the category "Princesses", but the subcategories in it lack Sleeping Beauty, Pocahontas and Brave (if you want to add it here and not to Pixar). And speaking of Pixar, there is only one subcategory there - Up, and that's it. Kinda weird that it was made like this to begin with.

If it's hard to edit the list, I think it would be good to add an option to add your own keywords that aren't on it.

Great thread. Very nice to get some help on how things work. Seems pretty user friendly so far.

Some Zootopia pins aren't showing up when you search "zootopia", also I can't seem to figure out how to add a photo to a listing that's lacking one. I have photos for the WDI cluster sets.

Nice little extension there, @GreyWyvern.

However, when I try to add a want, it brings up the additional "Wants" field to indicate how badly I want it, which doesn't fit in the popup box and I lose the "Save All" button.

Yeah, I got the same message. Weird.

But it went away when I went to chrome://extensions/ and used the little slider under "Pin Trading Database Enhancement" to disable it and enable it again.

@GreyWyvern I just added the Chromes Browser through the link you provided above. TY.

Question...I am not seeing any 'Own/Want/Trade Boxes' on the initial pin picture.

I read your comment above, where do I locate that?

Thank you.

Nice little extension there, @GreyWyvern.

However, when I try to add a want, it brings up the additional "Wants" field to indicate how badly I want it, which doesn't fit in the popup box and I lose the "Save All" button.

I found if you get the dialogue box that means it saved already, and if you just select how badly you want it, that saves automatically too

@GreyWyvern I just added the Chromes Browser through the link you provided above. TY.

Question...I am not seeing any 'Own/Want/Trade Boxes' on the initial pin picture.

I read your comment above, where do I locate that?

Thank you.

Okay, I found the on/off switch. Did what is suggested above. Still no Check Boxes on the initial Pictures.

Some Zootopia pins aren't showing up when you search "zootopia", also I can't seem to figure out how to add a photo to a listing that's lacking one. I have photos for the WDI cluster sets.
I had an issue locating some pins too... I think anyone who uploads a pin needs to remember to add key words which someone searching for the pin would use to find it. The description is definitely as important as the picture.

That I don't know. @starry_solo, how are you able to have "Unknown!" in some of the fields when you enter new pins? When I try to add pins, I have to fill all the numeric fields with actual numbers or I get an error.

It's an issue we are working on. But if you add the pin and don't know the price it was, just put any price and send me a PM with the listing so I can keep an eye on it and fix it when I know. I'm pretty sure when you edit the listing, you can delete that price and save it and it will then show as unknown.

Another thing I remembered - the list of movies when searching for pins and adding a pin isn't nowhere near complete. Ex. you have the category "Princesses", but the subcategories in it lack Sleeping Beauty, Pocahontas and Brave (if you want to add it here and not to Pixar). And speaking of Pixar, there is only one subcategory there - Up, and that's it. Kinda weird that it was made like this to begin with.

If it's hard to edit the list, I think it would be good to add an option to add your own keywords that aren't on it.

It's not going to have all the movies because that would be impossible. To add keywords, put it in the description. That is what I do.

For the French pins, I try to add Zootopia in the description because it's called Zootropolis there. Same with Moana in the US, Vaiana (or something like that) in Europe

Oh....I misunderstood. I thought the 'hover' feature was operational on it now. Ty for the clarification.
I believe the hover (it actually is a first mouse click feature... second or double mouse click pulls up the entire pin listing) feature is operational... You have to manually add it from Google Chrome. And it will only work with PTDB in Google Chrome. Follow the brief directions and screen shots in this post:
Is PinPics down
Post 109

Download Google Chrome for free: Chrome Web Browser

Once these steps are completed, from google Chrome you will be able to click on the pin picture once and get a pop up menu to do a quick add to your pin own/wants/trades.

Last edited:
I made a few errors in my recent uploads...
1) I could not find the Mickey Monthly Memories for May, June and July... in a search, but then found them with another search and realized I duplicated May and June. Ugh! So sorry. Perhaps you could combined my words into the original post (I believe that will aid in them all appearing when the search feature is used.)
2) I uploaded the Heihei pin from the recent loungefly set and I did the copy from Pua. I forgot to change the title to read "Heihei", so the description and picture is Heihei, but the title is Pua. Again... will be more careful. If I can edit my own work, I would be happy to do this, but cannot figure out how.
3) Just uploaded Shellie May as Maleficent. I did not have a price... the card price tag just gives the "green" color code.

I think that is a complete list of my errors/issues thus far. Will hopefully become closer to error free, but since I am human... well we all know how that goes.

Also, @starry_solo is there a way to change my PTDB username to "TheMickeyMouseRules"?

I made a few errors in my recent uploads...
1) I could not find the Mickey Monthly Memories for May, June and July... in a search, but then found them with another search and realized I duplicated May and June. Ugh! So sorry. Perhaps you could combined my words into the original post (I believe that will aid in them all appearing when the search feature is used.)
2) I uploaded the Heihei pin from the recent loungefly set and I did the copy from Pua. I forgot to change the title to read "Heihei", so the description and picture is Heihei, but the title is Pua. Again... will be more careful. If I can edit my own work, I would be happy to do this, but cannot figure out how.
3) Just uploaded Shellie May as Maleficent. I did not have a price... the card price tag just gives the "green" color code.

I think that is a complete list of my errors/issues thus far. Will hopefully become closer to error free, but since I am human... well we all know how that goes.

Also, @starry_solo is there a way to change my PTDB username to "TheMickeyMouseRules"?

Yes there is @TheMickeyMouseRules , what is your current user ID?

And I will go merge the duplicate listings :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back