• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hades Tie Pins, two different scrappers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hades Tie Pins, two different scrappers?

TornadoTitan

Nick Wilde's Biggest Fan
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I was excited when trading with cast members my first time at Disney World a few weeks ago when I found Hades pins on their lanyards, I snatched them up right away without having second thoughts about the trades. But the closer I examine them, they both look very different, different shades of blue, one has half his upper lip white while the other has it all white, and on the backs one says 4 of 5 and 5 of 5. I was hoping at least one of them might be real, but fear they both might be different versions of scrappers.

Here are two pictures of the front of the pins and the back.

tumblr_oegiti7jyF1rpsdt6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oegiti7jyF1rpsdt6o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oegiti7jyF1rpsdt6o3_1280.jpg

Edited.

I don't like either. The right has a tiny, ugly stump nub. Both have color issues: lips, eyes. But my biggest issue is the Hidden Mickey icon on the front. It's fat and squashed. This set has unfortunately been highly faked.

Last edited:
Edited.

I don't like either. The right has a tiny, ugly stump nub. Both have color issues: lips, eyes. But my biggest issue is the Hidden Mickey icon on the front. It's fat and squashed. This set has unfortunately been highly faked.

Thanks for the response. Yeah same the only Hades pins I could find on cast member lanyards were these and both are fake :( they don't even look too good up close so don't even display them with my Hades collection.

Take a look at the right pin's back side. See the "border" around the edge, where the mickey waffle pattern does not extend to the very edges of the pin? This is very often a good indicator of a counterfeit. Granted, there are exceptions, such as some (or all?) soda fountain pins, which have an ice cream waffle pattern with borders. But hidden mickeys with a border? I never take those. And I've missed seeing wrong colors, too, only to notice them after I got home, when they are suddenly very obvious. :dunno:

What a shame. :( I'll have to look at my set just to double-check... but I did get the entire set while on a Disney Cruise right after the set was released, so I hope I'm OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back