• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game
Figment gets a slightly odd message and heads over to the Base Camp Grill.

"This is a particularly messy crime scene. Rafiki you did well to spot that clue."

Hades volunteers to run the hair back to the lab,
sarcastically exclaiming. "The water show, ummm.. jets of water, colored lights, and incredibly stirring music, yeah well once you sat through one of Posiedens temper tantrums, im sure this is something I can miss."

He looks at Scar, and adds."Well that is if the one being in the universe who will care for your soul after you can, is to be
TRUSTED!!, Dont let him hold the key tinkerbell??" This last part done in his best Scar impression voice and mannerism

Tinkerbell hears Hades last sarcastic remark and just shrugs her shoulders at him. she would have volunteered but as she was busy looking for the utensil used to sever poor kevins legs she was not in the right place at the right time. she wonders if they will have any results from the lab. she knows they are backloged but its toooo slow impeding their investigation.

When scars asks about wanting to miss the water show and go to the lab instead Ariel tries to hide behind some of the other detectives so she isn't picked. They water show just sounds amazing and she didn't want to miss it! Also having to deal with those extremely slow lab workers just wasn't something she didn't want to deal with today.

Figment is looking forward to seeing the water show. He knows that they are here on business but they can still take whatever enjoyment they can from it.

"I agree the lab is as ever struggling."

Timon was appalled by the crime scene, his stomach twisting and turning. This was his first detective case and after seeing how it went he began to wonder if he was cut out for this kind of thing. the only thing that he could think of that would sooth him came to mind, and as Scar looked for volunteers he started to mumble

"Man I could eat a huge worm right now, or a plate of delectable grubs. Lightly seasoned with some garlic, sauteed in olive oil and then maybe fried lightly to give that crunch on the outside a little 'help'."

his thoughts of a snack started to ease him, the grumbling from his stomach subsiding as he grew calm and collected.

"We need to catch this person before my stomach is permanently ruined."

Rafiki hands Scar the coarse, black hair and pats him on the back (still delighted about his recent find). He decides to dine on a fresh mango to celebrate. "What a great day," Rafiki thinks to himself.

Anton feels a tap on his shoulder. He turns around to see a pink cat hovering, and merely looks him up and down. Anton walks off to see what might be happening in the kitchen.

*Scar gathers his detectives together.*

"Ok Hades is on his way to the lab, Our French Chef investigator is here and will finish up at this crime scene....maybe he can find a murder weapon...who knows. It is almost show time. I want someone on every side of the harbor, so check your maps and choose a good vantage point. I want this killer caught. I will be on the main side in plain view...hopefully no autographs will have to be signed. now go!!"

Rafiki listens to Scar's requests and decides to go to Mysterious Island. He sprints over there and finds a nice bench to sit and wait for the show. Along the way he smell's the popcorn stands, but decides food can wait.

Tink decides to go to the fortress and finds a good vantage point from the top. she scouts out the area looking for anything that does not belong there. especially anything to do with easter.
gallery012.jpg

Hades leaves DisneySea and returns to TDL. As he again makes his way up main st towards the castLe and the center hub something is bothering the lord of the dead, something he cant quite figure out.. just yet.....
He sends out a special text to all detectives.
ARRIVING TDL, WILL EXPLAIN ALL ANALYSIS APON ARRIVAL YOUR LOCATION.

Hades passes into Fantasyland, yet again grimacing at the juxtapostion of the area name,,,, and it hits him....that thing that was bothering him so....

"Scar isnt afraid of anything, or anyone,"Hades mused as he moves past the castle and into Fland proper."Yet when I was hidden at the meeting at the Dumbo ride, he looked at where I was hiding and thats when I saw it, it was with something Ive known all to well from seeing it in mortals eyes before. Scar was afraid,!!"
Why?
A>He knew I was there, not likely
B>He didnt want to get wet, possible, storm approaching
C>He didnt like where I was standing, Why?

Hades cant quite get past this part but hes not done with it yet, but for now he heads into the mansion and to the lab to deliver the hair and update progress on already submitted materials.

*Chessie nods at Scar, acknowledging his new directions, and gradually fades out and disappears from the crime scene. Invisible, the Cat searches out the best vantage point from which to watch the show. He figures that, wherever he goes, his invisibility will give him an advantage because he won't be stopped by those asking for autographs and, of course, there's a very good chance the killer won't detect his presence. Chessie gets a text message from Hades, promising an explanation of all analysis; the Cat temporarily gives it secondary importance it because he currently is more focused on getting in location for the show.*

Hades enters the DCI lab and again is amazed at the place. Not the kind of amazement you might think though.
First its a Maze to find your way in.View attachment 6987
About half way into the area Hades hears a loud explosion. The floor rocks and several boxes above him threaten to fall on him. He begins to run forward towards the opening in the center of the area. Another smaller explosion rocks the building as Hades enters the maze center to find the two technicians working.View attachment 6986
"Ummm..err...excuse me Fric and Frac is it?" The blue dude sneers at the duo.
Good Day sir, Can we help you.." the shorter one speaks as the taller one fiddles with some gizmo, Hades doesnt understand science, but when you have the likes of Tesla,Einstien,etc to explain it ,,,FOREVER, you pick up some stuff.View attachment 6988
" Hair sample, urgent rush, top priority, yatta yatta yatta, you know the drill there brain strain, Ole snagglepuss wants to know , where it came from, ie what kind of hair is it, human or animal? If one or the other what kind of each? " Hades finishes while looking at something in a jar that keeps humming a tune, whatever it is its alive and the tune is infectious."Its time to play some music, its time to light the lights"
The shorter tech does not at first respond,
"Hey you , you capiece? I said, your boss wants this done ASAP, that means NOW!!!!"Hades hisses out the last word to make his point, it almost works.
The shorter one turns towards the taller one,both of them attmepting to occupy the same space at the same time, and even Hades knows thats a Science no no!! As predicted, they collide knocking a tray containing a bag marked FUR CLUE onto the a table of chemicals. The beakers of chemicals rolled and bumped into a B burner, the burner tipped............View attachment 6985
For a brief second in the glow of the fire, Hades felt a moment of peace as if a postcard from home was being viewed.
Then the Kaos ensued.
Technicians runnning to extinguish flames.
Fire alarms began to sound,
somewhere in the local venacular a voice began giving evacuation instructions, so typical Disney Hades thought..
Huge puffs of mulit colored smoke as each vial of combustables detonated on the table or spilled and ignited, adding to the colors in the air.
The wonder from down under pondered for a moment if Walt himself would have used that scheme for the 3rd installment of Fantasia. Of course that many colors only results in one . It takes only two full minutes for the entire lab to be coated in black soot and smoke.

It takes a full twenty minutes for the smoke to be cleared from the room. The taller tech seems to be trying to say something but the shorter one refuses to acknowledge him, causing the taller one to grow more aggitated. Hades can tell these two must be hand picked by his mangyness!!
View attachment 6984

Last edited:
Ray slowly opens his eyes, head still a little woozy. "Daggum, I ain't never seen such a fuss over one lil ol bug . . you'd think I was there to ruin the whole meal. Now what happened . . Oh yea, I came in to investigate and the chefs freaked out . . hit me with a pan and tossed me out the door. But Ol Ray's a bayou bug, I been through worse." He looks down at his phone and sees he missed a message about the Yucatan Base Camp Grill. "I better go see what I missed." When he gets there he sees it's being cleaned up and is told the detectives are at the water show. He hurries off as quick as he can. He find's Scar who sneers at him to find a good place to watch the show. "What better place than right up close?" Ray flies out to the water and awaits the show. "If I watch from here, I can weave around the water and search for clues" he thinks to himself.

*Settled on his place at the top of the Fortress, still invisible, Chessie is patiently waiting for the show to start. He blinks in surprise when his phone rings, indicating a text from Tink, noting that not everyone is in position and reminding everyone to hurry. The Cat shakes his head and smiles slightly at her impatience before texting her back the following message.*
Tink, my dear, just because something - or someone - isn't readily visible doesn't mean that he or she isn't there. If you focus on finding who you know should be there and you can't find because they're meant to be hidden, you may miss who shouldn't be there and who is hiding from those who are hiding themselves.

*Chessie sends Tink the text and settles against the railing, still invisible, patiently waiting for the show to start.*

*Scar clears the immediate area around himself with a low growl. Some parents grab their kids and move to a different viewing area. Just then the park speakers announce .....LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, BOYS AND GIRLS ....THE SHOW WILL START IN JUST 5MINUTES.ooc....Im at work but will post as soon as I get home.

RyansJapanTrip277.jpg

*As Scar is watching the first of the show's floats makes an appearance. It is a float with a large purple Easter egg on the back. He is not surprised,but hears a few people around him murmur questions of why Easter and not Halloween.*
RyansJapanTrip287.jpg

*Next comes a float holding a large red Easter egg. Some people start to leave the area as they seem disappointed that there are no Halloween decorations. Scar would explain, but doesn't want to cause a panic that there is a killer on the loose.*
RyansJapanTrip279.jpg

RyansJapanTrip278.jpg

*Other floats with various color eggs follow and drive in circles around the harbor.*

RyansJapanTrip276-1.jpg

*Just as things seem to be going normal, aloud explosion is heard in the middle of the harbor. The float with the red egg has been hit and is sinking fast. Scar is in shock and disbelief that the killer who seems to like Easter would sink a float in her own show. the audience begins to cheer as they think it is just part of the show and maybe is turning into a stunt show. Scar has a bad feeling about this.*

Timon has put himself in the middle of the crowd, climbing on top of a light post so he could get a clear view. As the floats began appearing he shook his head, the general feeling of Easter is overriding the Halloween cheer he had felt just yesterday. as one of the floats started to sink after the explosion he shook his head, eyes covered with a small paw.

"Just one more thing."

Tink watches as the floats go by, and sure enough eggs! Tink is on heightened alert now when all of a sudden "BOOM!!!". the red egg float starts to sink. tink flies a bit closer to check things out. she calls Ariel who could check underwater as she looks from above.

*Chessie had been watching the water parade go by from his vantage point on top of the Fortress when he heard a loud boom from underneath him and, to his dismay, the float with the red egg started sinking. The Cat rapidly starts looking around for the source of the boom and, looking down, he sees smoke coming from one of the cannons in the ship docked beside the Fortress. Maintaining a firm hold on his invisibility, Chessie focuses on the new location and disappears from the fortress and reappears inside the ship from which the cannon was fired, still invisible.*

*as the red egg float continues to sink, Scar notices smoke coming from the general direction of Fortress Explorations. He knows there are cannons in the fort as well as cannons on the ship that is docked there. He slaps his head in frustration.*

"What now?and just when I thought I had it all under control."
13677300.jpg

*He then starts at a fast pace towards the fort and ship.*

Tinks flight over the area is halted when she spots something moving fast away from the cannons. she turns around quickly and tries to follow but gets lost in the maze of the fortress and the crowds obscur the one who was fleeing.

Back