• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game
Figment thinks that the attic is a good place to start looking.
"does anyone want to join me searching the attic? It is unwise to go it alone "

Tink Heads up to the attic with Figment looking carefully around as they go. she is carefull to look for bits of stuffing as they go up to the attic. this is what she sees

speh06m63.jpg

She is carefull as she looks into the boxes as things like to pop out!
speh06m66.jpg
speh06m65.jpg

Dodo ponders carefully what his next move should be. He carefully checks his map for the location of room in the HM and decides that the best place to start would be the Maintenance room. Someone would need time and space to dismember Sally uninterrupted. Before he heads to the other side of the HM, he hears a strange noise. He realizes that it is his stomach growling and that he is very hungry. He carefully keeps and eye on Ariel and slides over behind the organ. He quickly downs all the fish and checking to be sure that Ariel doesn't see him, he moves back into the room. After a good settling burp, he heads toward the Maintenance room.

OOC* One piece of information has been sent out. If no one goes to the right room before my morning I will post the other clue myself.

Ariel starts to tiptoe through the haunted mansion in hope of going to the endless hallway she invites any other detective to join her because the thought of being lost in an "endless hallway" was horrible! Hopefully it wouldbe good place to get some clues since the ride doesn't go done there.

Kevin arrives at the graveyard scene and begins to look at the tombstones and surrounding area for any clues then something catches her eyes..

she see's one of the strangest looking tombstones and walks over to it and see's there is a freshly engraved epitah on the face of the stone. Kevin borrowed Dug's special coller which has been modified for Bird so she can communicate with the detectives as previously it was difficult to get her point across.

She sends a text to all detectives stating the clue which reads -

Found a clue in the graveyard scene, freshly carved writing
on a tombstone which reads -

SALLY,SALLY NOW SHE'S DEAD
AS A HOSTAGE I HOLD HER HEAD
IF WITH MY PLAN YOU DO AGREE
A HINT TO IT'S LOCATION IS IN A TREE

maybe he next clue is somewhere nearby??

Well apparently the endless hallway does indeed has an end. Finding no clues Ariel starts to turn around and relizes that she is in a LONG, DARK, SCARY hallway alone! Thinking that murderer could kill her in any second she sprints out of the hallway and on to a doom buggy. While on the ride she gets the message from Kevin and gets off to meet her by the trees in the grave yard.

Last edited:
Rafiki goes to investigate a few old spirits he hasn't talked to in ages, the Hitchhiking Ghosts! Who better to pick up some clues than from those who need picking up? Rafiki hops out of his Doombuggy and investigates the area.

hauntedmansion_full.jpg

Last edited:
Getting Kevins text Tink quickly flies to the trees leading to the graveyard and starts looking in the trees there. She sees a bunch of different characters and ghosts as well. She keeps looking. Hopeing to find a clue and not a fresh corpse.

Timon decides the best bet is to try the graveyard as well, so he follows Kevin, jumping up and down to read what was written over his shoulder.

"Well that sounds real curious, I wonder whats at the tree?"

He begins to venture that way, hopping he would be followed and not left alone.

after sending the text to everyone, kevin puts her phone in the little pouch around her ankle and sets off to see if she can find the tree to the next clue.

she decides to check towards the far back corner of the graveyard as she thinks the darker the corner the more hidden things may be...

*Chessie slowly reappears on the ballroom chandelier as it is suggested that they split up and check the Mansion. Chessie was searching for a floor plan of thevMansion on his phone when he receives Kevin's text of the poem he found. The Cat reads it quickly and disappears and reappears in the Pet Cemetary, joining the detectives already searching there.*

Quickly Timon finds himself at the tree at the front of the ride. He wasnt suprised to find Tink here so he waved and greeted her before beginning to scour the, starting at the roots and moving up hoping to find some clue.

Jack_Skellington_-_Thoughtful.jpg

*Having arrived in a rather drab and colorless room that Sally was using, Jack sits down in a corner looking rather depressed. Scar not being the jovial type still does his best to cheer Jack up. Scar picks up a skull nearby and uses it like a puppet.*

scar.png

SCAR: "Come on Jack lift that boney chin up and help me look for clues. you do want to find out who did this don't you?"

*Just then Scar's phone rings.* "Now look at this.... a message from Kevin. It seems he has found a secret message directed at you Jack. A message that will help you find Sally's head, that is if you agree to give up on decorating for Halloween. Something about a tree....hmmm I bet that tree isn't here in the Haunted Mansion. I mean that would be too easy now wouldn't it. I will have to give it some thought while I look around."

*Scar begins to look around* "Hey What is this? It doesn't seem to belong here...I mean it is so bright in this black and grey room. Look Jack a SMALL YELLOW FEATHER. See I told you. Now we have two missions ...One to find Sally's head and two to find the criminal behind this. You stay here in the mansion for now and continue to decorate. I know you have only finished the entrance and work will keep your mind busy. I will message the others and we will take care of this."

*With that Scar sends the others a message about the feather and that they should stay where they are...he is on his way.*

OOC* I have to go to work now....long day....but will post when I get home.

*When Chessie starts looking around the Cemetary, he notices that several of the detectives are searching the trees. He pulls out his phone and quickly re-reads the text Kevin sent and agrees with their search plans. The Cat nods at the other detectives still searching from the ground before disappearing into the trees to continue the search from that perspective.*

Having finally finished dusting the original box for prints, and photographing the scene, Ray completes the documentation in order to send the items to the lab, as the really pretty one stated. "She might just be a real princess anywhere she go, purdy as she be." While doing so, he receives a text from another detective stating they have found another clue. Writing this down in his notebook, as well as some other things he doesn't quite understand, Ray then packs up his detective gear. Ray follows the track a little more, finding himself at the graveyard scene. Even Mama Odie ain't never seen nuttin like this place in all her years.

Finding several other detectives already searching the area, Ray decides to see if there are any hidden friendly bugs near the top of the trees who saw anything unusual. Trying to speak Cajun to a Japanese bug. . . .Worse than taking directions from that chucklehead gator Louie!!!

Ray then listens as all the detectives' devices go off with a message from Scar to stay put, and about the small yellow feather. Ray can't remember seeing any yellow birds around the park, in his short time there, and begins to think of other places the feather may have come from.

Ariel is searching the graveyard up and down while checking around the trees. Suddenly her phone rings to the tune of "under the sea" looking down at her "shell" phone she reads the message and jots down some interesting notes in her fancy notebook that flounder got her before she left on her journey. Apparently Flounder had a hard time getting the notebook, something to do with sharks...

140.jpg

"hmmm interesting, I can't wait till scar gets here to tell us more about what is going on here."

Last edited:
*From somewhere up in the trees, Chessie's phone rings, indicating a text message. Chessie checks the message and finds that it's from Scar, but it was sent a while ago. He figures that he must be getting sketchy reception from around the Mansion, etc, and isn't too concerned since he ultimately got the message in time. He makes a note of the SMALL YELLOW FEATHER that was found and continues to search through the trees while awaiting Scar's - and possibly Jack's - arrival.*

As the young and able recruits speed out of the ball room clamoring over each other to be first on a scene (wherever that is...), Anton remains behind. He looks up and sees a pink spot in a chandelier above, but finally that disappears too. He pulls out a small notebook and pen from his breast pocket, and jots down a few notes. Putting it away, he rises up to try and find a decent bottle.

Figment's phone seems to be getting dodgy reception in the Mansion as he gets a text about a note and a text about a feather at the same time. He heads outside to join those detectives already in the graveyard.

"So our first real clue is a feather. Original!"

*Arriving in the graveyard scene, Scar looks around at the other detectives searching for clues. He notices several climbing around and in trees.*

lion_king_3derp_avatar___scar_by_some_art-d47kma9.gif

SCAR* "What are you doing up in the trees? You look like a bunch of monkeys up there. Do you think whoever is doing this is dumb enough to put a clue up in just any old tree and one here in the mansion no less? That would be too easy. No where ever this clue is I am willing to bet it's not nearby. We need to find Sally's head and I am sure this clue will get us started on that path, but I'm not sure it should take priority. I personally am in no hurry to see Hades anywhere, but here. Can anyone think of a tree that may bemore than just A tree?"

*Scar waits while he thinks.*

"Ok we have 3 things to accomplish...1.Find this criminal...the only clue we have for that is a SMALL YELLOW FEATHER...I will take it to DFI lab. 2. Find Sally's head...the only clue for that is something about A TREE and 3. Get this park back to being decorated for Halloween instead of Easter, but I suggest we do that a little at a time. i am off to the DFI lab...I suggest spreading out in the park and thinking of what to do next."

Last edited:
"psst Yhey little purple whatever you are, Old scratch face said not any trees here, but I do know a tree that is pretty singular, care to join me.?" He heads out of Fantasyland and doesnt even look back to see if the C. Cat will join him.
Hades heeds the furry ones words and heads for the only logical tree in TDL
View attachment 6803

. Once in Adventureland finding the Swiss Family tree house is fairly easy. Being the first there, Head and shoulders above the others , he muses to himself. The blue hued rude dude, begins to search the tree's various rooms for clues to Sallys cranial whereabouts! Hades cues up his Wombat 8000 and tries to reach Pain and Painc, but they do not seem to be responding at present. Stupid minions, probably out trying to flim flam someone out fo thier Space Mountain fastpasses.View attachment 6804

Last edited:
Tink listens as scar talks belittling them all about searching in the trees for clues. she thinks to herself 'well duh, usually you search around a crime scene for clues and there are trees here. and from the note there was little else to go by.' Tink isnt to happy about everyone spreading out in a big park with a killer on the loose. But she grabs her bag and flies off to crittertown to check out the area

Back