• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game
Finally deciding he has waited long enough, Anton rises from the floor and flattens out his clothing. He walks out of the ballroom, and towards the entrance of the mansion. Arriving outside into the graveyard, he finds that he is just in time to see several of the detectives leaving, and a few others climbing out of trees. Saying nothing, he just lifts one eyebrow in judgement.

Figment ponders trees.

"Hmm... A tree that is more than a tree. I'm going to think this through before rushing off anywhere. "

Aurora finishes interviewing the butler. But he says the package was left on the door step and the note said for Jack so he just brought the package in when he found it. It is a little suspicious that none of the detectives coming in saw the package.

Auora recieves the text about the Tree and the feather. She also immediate thinks about the swiss family robinson tree and heads that way.

After clambering out of a tree after scars sarcastic comment decides to leave the mansion and go venture elsewhere in the park.

Kevin looks at the map and thinks she will head over to Adventureland to check around that area of the park.

As several of the detectives leave the graveyard to search elsewhere, Anton decides to take in the graveyard a bit longer. Looking down at a gravestone, he sees a name that was share by his mother. To someone watching closely, it would have appeared that they would have seen a tear, but a blink later the same stone cold expression covered Anton's face, almost to the point where one would would wonder if they had imagined it. Quickly, Anton turns and heads out of the graveyard.

Rafiki decides to head over to Tomorrowland. "Perhaps a certain monster would know where the yellow feather came from," Rafiki thought. And after a quick goodbye to his grim grinning pals, he was off.

Hmmmm trees... Ariel leaves the haunted mansion and takes a walk to adventure land. On the way there she notices eggs in front of some attractions and begins to feel even worse for Jack. When at adventureland she looks around and notices large trees inside the jungle cruise ride. She hops the fence and swims through the ride jumping out when ever she sees trees and looks for clues.

Hades watches as slowly Aurora View attachment 6808and Kevin slowly begin to wander towards the entrance to Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, they see a now all to familiar figure of aqua shades standing between the DVC booth and the Party Gras stand.

"Say arent you Jill? Where are Sabrina and Kelly? Yah knows? Walts Angels?.... Ahh cmon blondie!! ligten up alittle, Have you considered the hereafter? You know if your here after what Im hereafer than we both wont be hereafter for much longer..HA HA.ha... Ok so you dont think Im funny I get it,,,, sheesh what a crowd!!
Look why dont you and birdie go ahead up into the tree.View attachment 6807 Yeahss you search it good an thorough. Me im gonna lean right over here and watch to make sure no one leaves ok??"

Hades continues to stare, as Aurora and Kevin begin to move into the treehouse to search for clues. The get to the first room when he hears a curious sound. View attachment 6810
Kevin squawks and rapidly heads towards the next room in the tree, Aurora following behind at a frantic pace. While they traverse the stairs, Hades supresses a snicker as he hears Aurora call after Kevin,

What is it that startled you so!!, Kevin does not reply but runs to the next room.
At the next area he pauses and views the inside of the room, she shrieks even louder and runs on to the highest rooom in the tree. There she pauses, quite out of breath..
Aurora finally catches up to her, and together they stand at the apex of the tree. Viewing inside the room, There sits two of the three Robinson boys each about to devour an entire prepared bird meal. And the birds are Himalayan Monal or very similiar, in other words,
KEVINS KIN@!! She shrieks out again and in the blink of an eye .... The entire scene is gone. No boys, no birds, no grand meal, no smells of cooked foul.
Kevin explains that in each of the other two rooms she has seen similiar images of her kind being prepared for consumption.

The two are visibly shaken as they descend the 148 steps up and down. Upon exiting they see the aforementioned BHRD, still leaning on the DVC podium, now pulling a fresh chicken leg from his plate recently aquired from nearby China Voyager.
"EUMMM mmm mm nothing like BBq chicken legs is there??" Hades quips and watches as Kevin again loses some of her color.

"ohh um I see you both met Pain and Panic while you were up there," at that the Robinson sons reappeared and then in a poof of smoke they reverted to their true appearances. Each begins laughing and rolling about, enjoying the looks of both terror and dismay that they caused to both Aurora and Kevin..
" Ohhh boss you shoulda seen there facess!!!! Bawwwahhhahahah!!?"Both the little imps rolled with laughter their mirth echoing in the stillness of the plaza.
"Now boys that wasnt nice, ok maybe alittle funny, but not nice!!
View attachment 6809 My compliments!! Now having done your job here be good minions and attend my belongings in the mansion!"
There is a pop of both blue and magenta and the dynamic dimwits have vansihed. Leaving a startled and upset pair standing in front of Hades.
"Well so you dont feel this was a waste of your time, there is this tidbit I can share. While I was looking through the tree before I stopped for a snack. I found this note amongst the books on Papa Robinsons desk,
It is addressed to our dear friend Bone dome, or Jack skullingtone, whatever, the slim dude in the pinstripes!"
The note said
YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO FIND YOUR DEAR
AND IF YOU AGREE HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR
BUT I NEED TO BUILD A LITTLE TRUST
EASTER STAYS THAT IS A MUST
ANOTHER CLUE WILL COME EACH DAY
THAT HALLOWEEN DAY GOES AWAY

Do you think we should text this to the others? Or just send it to ole manegey ruff himself?
Personally I think its worth all thier attention, Do you want to tell them?
Hades opens the Wombat 8000, and speaks,
Voice mode, text all piddy paws detectives,,, New clue at treehouse.

*Chessie glances down at Scar from up in the trees and grins.*

Chessie: 'Now Scar ... you don't want to get ahead of yourself, do you? The last thing you want is more people losing their heads, right?'

*Before Scar can say anything, Chessie figures out what Scar means about a tree that is more than a tree. The Cat disappears and reappears at the Swiss Family Treehouse, joining the detectives already there, just as Hades finds the next poem and sends out a text message informing everyone that the next clue is there.*

Hearing what Scar said about the tree not being inside, flies outside looking for the biggest tree he can see; hoping no one noticed he was in there, "I don't wanna be seen as a chucklehead on my first case . . . though I sure feel like one" he thinks to himself. After adjusting his eyes to the light, again, Ray looks around for a big ol' tree. Off just in the distance is the tallest tree he's seen this side of the bayou. As he flies closer, he sees something strange: a waterfall from the dead tree's roots. "What kinda weird trees they got round here?" Figuring this to be odd enough fo sho, he goes to examine what he will later find out to be Splash Mountain.

However, on his way to the ol' dead tree, he receives a text telling him of another clue being found and flies over to Swiss Family Treehouse, joining the detectives already congregated there.

Last edited:
*Having made his way over to the castle and the third floor, where the DFI lab is located, Scar walks into the lab.*

SCAR: "Oh No! Not you two again. You guys can never process evidence fast enough. Well here is a clue....get it done and get it done fast."

*Scar hands the feather to Beaker who looks very frightened of the lion.*

beakerbunsonelectic.jpg

*Scar then walks over to a window and sees that the noon parade is passing by. He is disheartened to see that even the parade floats reflect an Easter theme rather than Halloween. Just then his phone rings.*

e11-1.gif

Kevin has no luck searching and thinks where should she check next until her phone goes off..

she reads the text from hades that he found another clue and heads over to meet the other detectives after trying to read the map upside down...

As he arrives, Ray hovers over the others' shoulders reading the note. He struggles to understand the meaning of the note. "This just gets weirder, and I thought men turnin into frogs was strange." I'd hate to see all them purdy decorations taken down, after all Skeleton man's hard work; he thought to himself.

*Scar leaves the lab and heads to Adventureland to join the others before they misread the clue and start searching guests or something else crazy.*

OOC1* This is a time warning for this posting period...there are about 7 hours left so make sure you have your 3.

OOC2* For new players...game time does not follow real time....for example-- It may take a week of real time to get through one day of ame time. If you watch my posts you will occasionally get a time post that will let you know what time or day it is...for example one of my recent posts indicated the noon parade...that would mean we are on day one and it is around noon. HOWEVER posting periods follow real time.

Timon couldn’t help but shake his head, from the lack of any clues to the disheartening judgment given by scar, someone he really hated, he found himself climbing down from the tree and slowly walking out of the Haunted Mansion. As he walked amongst the slowly growing crows he found he continued to need to lift the visor of his buzz lightyear costume.

After several minutes filled with contemplation on the clues given so far Timon found himself outside at the noon time parade. He shook his head as he noticed that Easter had even crept into this.

“Who would want to destroy Halloween? Did the Easter Bunny just snap and start seeking revenge?”

He stood there watching the parade, hoping maybe a clue would come out of it

Rafiki heads to the Treehouse to see what's going on. Climbing a tree is no problem for Rafiki! He clings to a branch high atop the tree and eavesdrops on the fellow detectives.

"uh, I guess there was no clues in the jungle cruise after all... oh well at least I got a good swim in before lunch time." Ariel thinks to herself. Soaking wet and wringing out her hair she runs through adventure land.

when she arrives at the tree house and joins the other characters who are gathered around the note. Although the clue doesn't make any sense she hopes they can solve the mystery soon.

OOC: 100th post!!! :)

Last edited:
kevin is reading the note over and over but is not getting anywhere..she keeps wondering does the words dear or build have something to do towards the next clue but thinks thats too obvious so dismisses the thoughts.

she is also trying to figure out the feather...maybe it is not from a bird but an item of clothing....

*more questions than answers hmmm* she realized that her thoughts were being transmitted out through the modified collar and decides to be quiet to let the other detectives think.

Scar.gif

*Scar finally arriving at the Swiss Family Treehouse sees the others standing around looking at a note found by Hades. The detectives are staring at the note as if it will hold all the answers. He snatches the note and sits on a rock nearby.*

"Give me that!!.....hmmm I see....well this gets us absolutely nowhere. It only let's us know that we will have to wait until atleast tomorrow to get closer to finding Sally's head. Anything else? No? I'm surrounded by idiots. Well since it seems I have to tell you step by step, I suggest going back stage and checking those Easter floats. The nearest backstage exit is near the Tiki Room right over there." *Scar points towards the Tiki room across the street.* " Turn right and you will see the float storage area, they should be pulling in just about now."

OOC* No one should take offense by Scar's words...he is just being in character

while scar is talking, kevin is mocking his movements behind his back. She otherwise listens and pats Scar on the head for being a good kitty cat and showing her the way and off she walks to check out the easter floats.

She arrives and begins to check out the float for any clues. she begins by checking underneath it.

Tink arrives after she had checked out the chip and dale tree house and gets the text while on her way to the robinson home, reading the texts coming in she dtours backstage to the float staging area and checks out the floats that have started to sprout eggs instead of pumpkins.

OOC*I have to work now, but will do a post count tonight when I get home. I will then send some info out to someone. Also our first trivia chance will be tonight(japan time)

Ray follows the other detectives backstage to the float storage. "Dang!! It looks like Mardi Gras back up in here. All we missin is that gator blowing some swamp music." Seeing the detectives searching the floats, Ray picks one that hasn't been looked over and starts examining it. "Oh Evangaline, I know you is watchin over me. I'll figure this out for you Mon amor."

*Chessie had perched on a limb of the Swiss Family Treehouse and was reading the message when Scar arrives and snatches the latest note out of Hades' hand. Snarling that he's dealing with idiots and this note gets them nowhere, Scar then directs the detectives present to start searching the Easter floats backstage.*

Chessie (completely unaffected by Scar's temper): 'If the notes are getting us nowhere, wouldn't that still be considered as getting us somewhere? The problem is that somewhere, which is nowhere, isn't where we wanted to go.'

*Chessie grins at the other detectives present, and glances backstage, contemplating whether he wants to stay here and or go and start searching floats.*

Timon decides to walk along with the parade, eyes scanning the floats from easter egg to easter egg wondering if the place to start with this mystery was with the decorations that had changed maybe they would lend a clue to this mystery.

"Whoever did this must have made SOME mistake somewhere in this park. With this many changes no one would be perfect."

So he found himself continuing to walk, following the parade until its end, jumping on the second to last float to ride it through into storage, getting a closer look at one of these eggs.

Back