• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game

HAPPY EASTER, MR. JACK: A HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY....The Game
Figment follows the rest of the detectives to the Jungle Cruise. He is saddened to see that Aurora is dead.

"Has anyone found a clue? We really need to stick together."

scarlookingshcoked.jpg

*Scar looks at Brother Ray* " Good work on spotting the body. Now let me ask you a question. You are from the bayou right? Now I heard in the bayou they still use voo doo from time to time. Do you know any? I need to get in contact with Aurora's ghost to see what she can tell us about what happened. You know any voo doo hoo doo that can make that happen?"

"You wanna do what?? Bossman, do I look like I know voo doo?? I don't mess with none that bad juju. But. . .I do know a lady. She the best voodoo queen in all the bayou. Makes a mean gumbo too. Mama Odie - cause you don't wanna be messin with the Shadowman, nosir. I'll call and ask her what we need to do to talk to the pretty lady's ghost, or if she can come on over."

With that, Ray flips open his phone and tries to get ahold of the best voo doo hoo doo lady in the bayou.

OOC: Leaving for Epcot Food and Wine Festival today. Will not have internet. :( But will be back late Sunday night, 11pm EST (in theory).

Last edited:
thththScarIcon.jpg

"You just give that old voo doo lady a call and see if she can help us out. I would ask the babboon, but not sure he can contact Aurora's ghost. It seems like we aren't going to find anything. Everyone has been looking for what seems to be hours now. I'm getting hungry, it's getting darker and I want dinner. I'm afraid that we are only going to find out something directly from the victim's ghost."

OOC*It seems we have lost a few detectives...if you know other players that haven't posted then gentle reminders would be appreciated. I will give Aurora little more time and then post the info with my backup plan. I hate using backup plans as they don't match the story as well.

Auroras ghost appears at the scene and says "It is all a little blury to me right now . . . on my way to the backstage area I saw something move near the bridge that crosses over the jungle cruise docking area. I wasnted to check it out and there was no one near me who I could ask to join. So I quickly went over there. Before I knew it I heard a klang which I now know was the sound of being hit with something in the back of my head. I fell off the bridge and into the water where I was unconsious and I drowned. You must catch whoever has done this. I am sorry that I do not have any more info for you all."

Anton listens as several of the detectives confabulate with voo doo mumbo jumbo... gumbo. Hmm.. Gumbo. He had a good gumbo once, most of the rest have been lousy. His gaze drifts off in thought as he barely notices the ghost of Aurora appear.

Figment watches as Aurora's ghost appears. He listens as she tells of her fate.

"I'm sorry you don't have anything more for us to go on."

Kevin jumps as aurora ghost appears and tells us all her fate.

Maybe we should be looking for the object that was used to strike aurora..

she decides to start checking nearby bushes and trash cans to see if anything was dumped.

When aurora's ghost appears Ariel stumbles back a bit frighten. She listens to what happened to aurora and also thinks that the murder weapon could be near by. She sees kevin looking in the trash can and runs over to join her thinking that Kevin diffiently shouldn't be over there alone.

Tink listens as Aurora tells her story. when Aurora tells them about the "klang" Tinks starts looking for whatever it was that hit her. maybe an oar, a pan, some piece of metal pipe? tink sees Ariel looking nearby and suggests to her to search underwater as no one else can stay under long like she can. tink flies over to the area Aurora said she was when she was hit to search for any object fitting that description that looks like it is out of place.

Ariel agrees with tink that it would be best is she was to check underwather, and was just making sure that Kevin was ok and didn't want another murder. Diving in to the water around where aurora was murdered see starts to look around the bottom. the water is very dirty and so murky that Ariel couldn't see anything, "hey ray! Can you shine your light over here to help me see?" Being able to see a little better Ariel sees something shiny buried under a couple of heavy rocks. "" hey you guys I need your help lifting these!"

*Chessie looks up as the ghost of Aurora appears and recounts how she happened to drown. The Cat listens patiently before saying anything.*

Chessie: 'A "klang" is what we make of it. And if we make too much or too little or it, it either can send us down the right or wrong path ... and we may not know which path we're on until it's too late.'

*Chessie grins and nods approvingly as the other detectives start searching underwater for some more concrete evidence.*

The_New_King_by_dolphy.jpg

*Scar is getting frustrated at how long they have been searching with seemingly nothing to show for it.*

"Look it's getting late and I am personally starving. I suggest getting something to eat before I eat one of you. It seems this killer is very cautious and has left no physical evidence at this crime scene. I have sent a message to the lab as to what Aurora said. they are going to start testing items to see what matches that sound. I am headed to Slue Foot Sue's for dinner. I am really interested to see who they will get to replace Pecos Goofy or if they will just move Woody's show from lunchtime. Join me if you want, search more if you want...though I feel it's a waste of time and nothing more will be found, or you can get some rest at the mansion or just roam the park."

*With that Scar starts towards westernland.*

Last edited:
Rafiki joins the party at the Jungle Cruise rather late and overhears the other detectives talking about what Aurora had said. A tear slowly slides down Rafiki's cheek.

Rafiki listens to what Scar says after telling the other detectives to shut up.

tumblr_lsf2msoFkG1qd47ym.gif

Rafiki decides to investigate the Westernland area of the park. Specifically along the train tracks.

*Chessie watches the other detectives in the water, glad that he isn't the one who is getting wet. The Cat looks up as Scar indicates that further investigating this area is pointless and strongly suggests that they go get something to eat before one of them becomes the main course.*

Chessie (agreeing with Scar): 'If we haven't found anything here by now, we probably won't ... at least, not tonight.'

*Chessie gradually fades out and disappears from the crime scene.*

Hmmm after moving a few rocks there seems to be no clues here and that shiny thing, well... It was just a quarter. "sorry guys, I really thought that that could had been a clue..." Ariel says sheepishly as some other wet detectives look at her angrily. Embarrassed she calls it a night she joins some of the other detectives at dinner, being careful and making sure she is never alone.
LilMermaidEmbarrassed28fLG.gif

Last edited:
Tink hands Ariel a towel to dry off and flies off to westernland to get a sasparilla or 2. Along the way she keeps her eyes open for anything out of the ordinary, hoping that nothing else will happen for a while.

*Sitting in the restaurant and enjoying the show, Scar sees that he was right when he thought that Woody would be on instead of Goofy. Scar's waitress comes over to take his order.*

"Yes, little cowgirl...I have speacial dietary needs. I want to order meat and more meat and more meat. I want it rare and no vegetables, no bread, no sweets....just meat. Now hurry along and bring it back in a hurry. I am starving."

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tdr/movie_en/index.html

OOC* You can click on Tokyo Disney---Westernland==Horseshoe Roundup you can see a small clip as to the restaurant and show

Last edited:
Figment is glad he didn't dive into the water to try to retrieve the shinny thing. He decides to join Scar in the restaurant. When you don't really trust your chief not to eat you it is a good idea to check he's eating something else.

View attachment 6835Hades moves from the backstage area after recieving the text from Ray,

"Soo Aurora was KlangED!!" he doesnt really express suprise or remorse, in fact Hades takes the news of her passing, with acutually a little more expression than could be noticed.

this however does not reveal his true feelings. However it is his mask, his task.

Yes in the beginning he was given the choice, Oh you didnt know that.
Yes ,he thinks may be it would have been a diffrent hades had he chosen the living.
As eldest of the Gods, yeah go ahead check it out, I got about a millenia on Zues,
I had first choice, Lord of the Living , or Lord of the Dead, ....
Sure the living get all the praise and glory , a very instaintanous gratification exsistence,
The dead have nothing but thier memories of the past. No hope for more of a reason to exsist, no real hope to recapture lost opportunity or lost love,
The living have Hope, and while Pandora may never be forgiven, she blessed them with that!
Hope for tommorow, hope for fulfilment , hope for a future
The dead in Hades world had none of that , nothing to look forward to, no destiny to meet, no hope to continue yet they do.. ......

Yes it took a millenia or three, Hades concedes that, in the Beginning he did try to have a positive attitude towards the living, Ok so theres that whole hope issue, but its just so much more too.
Persephonie , View attachment 6836the love of his life, she loved them the wretched living, so much that she spent half her time with them, His rage and jealousy at almost every living being for being able to stand within the glow of her love for six months while he was forced to stay in the underworld was unbounded. Imagine yourself in his shoes,he thought as his eyes stared at the other detectives and imagined if they might be willing to be so unselfish, to give up your true love, to take a task that you know to thankless and every increasing in difficulty and complexity and yet be forever doomed to carry a stigma of being the opposite of what he is.
For centuries he spent his every second, remember hes a God, no need for sleep so his every second was ALL of them,tending to the needs of the dead. That and his puppy CarebearView attachment 6837, stupid historians cant even spell his name right
The good and bad, The heroes and the villians. Kings, peasantsmen of power and men of poverty, They were all his charge. A charge to this day he carries the most seriousness of duties for,for to Hades the dead were his lasting reason to exist himself.
Hades had chosen to care for the dead not because he knew the job would be one of little reward, or because he also knew that it was a task that would forever cast him as a hated figure. The living saw him as the being of seperation, the one who TOOK thier LIVING loved one away.They did not see him as the one who would care for, protect and or look after the dead,
They only saw him as creature of disdain or revolt...
.......And so after several millenia or so of misunderstanding and bad press by an ambitous younger brother, Hades became just what the living had imagined him to beView attachment 6838......TO THEM ONLY!!

Rafiki whistles to the humdrum of Westernland, which makes for passing the time much smoother. He finds no clues, but the atmosphere leads him to believe more clues are coming soon. "Perhaps I should rest here," sighs Rafiki as he lays beside the train tracks.

hauntedmansion4.jpg

*After enjoying the show and getting a fulfilling meal, Scar goes back over to the Haunted Mansion intending to get a good night's sleep. He hopes that the others do the same as he expects a busy day when the sun rises. As he is heading to his room, he decides to stop by the library to find a good book. Reading always helps him sleep. While choosing a book Scar hears the clock strike midnight. Suddenly Scar is startled as he is tapped on the shoulder, but when he turns around he sees that it is Jack.*

SCAR:"Jack you startled me. I see you have been keeping yourself busy. The mansion is coming along nicely."
Jack.jpg

JACK: "Have you found my Sally's head? Dr. Finklestein sad that he can save her,but the more time that passes the harder it will be."

SCAR: "No we haven't found her and I need to get some sleep. Do you have a good book you can recommend?"

JACK: "Scar, you need to find her, please. But I know you are doing your best. Here try this one, but in the morning please, I beg you find my Sally."* Jack reaches up on to the bookshelf and pulls off a book titled SOMETIMES DEAD MEN DO TELL TALES. As he is handing it to Scar he sees the edge of a yellowed scrap of paper sticking out of the book.* "WHAT'S THIS?!"*Jack exclaims...."Scar this has never been here before and I have read this book hundreds of times. It's one of my favorites. You are the detective, What could it mean?" *Jack hands the paper to Scar.*
scarprofile.jpg

*Scar opens the paper and looks at 3 words written there* "Jack it means I am not going to get any sleep. I have to go now. "

*Scar messages the other detectives*

MEET ME BY DUMBO JUST IN FRONT OF THE HAUNTED MANSION. WE HAVE SOMETING TO FIGURE OUT. SLEEP WILL HAVE TO WAIT.

Last edited:
Pain and Painc suddenly appear next to Hades and break his chain of thought.
"Excuse me, oh ROU, HE who is the BHRD, The Thunder from down Under, Mr Anacronyms is you !!
We.ummm" Painc stutters this first part out, unsure how the LOD will bear the news.
We,, ummm"
"Elequent as always but you said that alread, so the point, find it and go there!?" Hades sacastically sneers,
recognizing this as a Panic tell that bad news is iminent.
" WWE umm THINK the Killer is about to give Scar a personal clue?" he blurts out suddenly.
" One of the fates said she sees him getting a secret message in his meal, while another sees him finding it as he returns from the feast, while the last sees him recieving it later this evening in the Mansion,while hes lion around. "
It takes a brief second, there is a loud popping sound followed by P&P shrieks as they dissapear into a blue puff of smoke.
Hades looks down at the place the demons imps just occupied, a small magenta and green puddle evaporates causing the vapor.
" If it takes a hundred millenia, those two will never develop a sense of timing!!"

Back