• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hard to Find Pin Costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to Find Pin Costs

gracermom

It's a Pin Party!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Was wondering what the most you ever paid for a holy grail pin - I found one of the ones I was looking for and they want $65 - would you hold off and wait for a trade or have you spent that much. Please advise wise pin traders. I like instant gratification and it is hard to wait for certain pins.

The Bambi Noel one that I am dying for. How do I figure out if that is expensive. I would much rather trade and I do have some great pins that were not cheap that I got at the Pin Happening celebration - should I wait or is that a deal - it is or best offer they might take $50 - do you think a pin like that could ever be a fake.

It's always tempting to buy on impulse to get that holy grail. I do not have much of a HG list as my collection is very specific, however there was one pin which I was almost tempted to pay $100 (DCL Piece of History) when it was released, I waited & eventually got it at just above original cost a few months later, probably a slightly different circumstance as some pins attract a heavy price on release due to their newness & popularity.

It really depends how desperate you are & how much you yourself value that pin, is the pin rarely seen or is it regularly popping up? Could you resell it for the same price if it came to it?

There is a post somewhere on these boards that says that patience pays off, at the end of the day it's your decision, not much help but I know that I would not pay too much over the odds HG or not!

I am afraid I cant help you with that particular pin as I have never seen it before but it is gorgeous:drool::drool:

At the moment pinpics isnt showing the number of people trading that particular pin( which is just one of the considerations to take into account) I am sure someone will be along soon to give you an idea of its value.

In my opinion as i am much like yourself in a needs to have instant gratification factor, i would just say do what you feel is right and think about it but if you do buy it the last thing you want to is feel bad about spending that much money as it will be too late by then and it will ruin your new pin (and trust me i've done that alot lol)

If its a pin I want and in my mind is worth the price i will pay it, i have found everyone values different pins differently lol :)

That pin is on my wants list too, it is really cute, but I myself wouldnt pay that much for it. I know my patience has paid off & I won an auction for 5 pins, 3 of which were up there in my grails, for $78 and 1 of these pins is listed on there now for $65, another for $50, & another I've never seen on there & is a limited 100 pin I never thought I'd own so I feel I got a great deal while others may think I'm crazy for spending that much. The one you want may also be a little higher right now since it's a Christmas pin. so you may want to take that in consideration too.

For me when it comes to my hoply grails and if it has a low trading number then I will see if I have anything I can trade, email the trader to take a look at my trades list and if that fails (most often thats what happens) I will see if the pin is on ebay and if it is I just buy it so I have it.

An example of this is I was after pinpics 52782 and there was only 2 people trading it..one person chose to ignore me, the other wanted DA100 Jessica pins which are in the range of $300 or more and I saw one on ebay and left it as it was $225 and didnt want to pay that, but after exhausting all my resources and help to get me this pin, I ended up buying the pin for $180 as I looked around, asked about prices and thus came to the conclusion $180 is worth it considering the only way I can trade for it is get a DA100 Jessica pin for $300 and so the price of $180 looked reasonable. And I was being patient but with only 2 people trading it with no hope of getting the pin, buying it was a must for me.

Id say if you've tried to trade for it and have not gotten anywhere then might be best to buy it but thats just my opinion as I buy most of my pins so $65 for a grail in my mind is fine but looking at the numbers on pinpics then Id say $40ish then yeah but $65 it would depend on how long you've been looking for the pin and how much you want it.

And just to add there is the full set there for $75 which is better than paying the $68.50 for the Bambi when you can add $6.50 and get the 4 pin set.

Last edited:
That pin is beautiful! I've never seen it before. The most I paid was $60 and it was for my HG. It's all in "how much is it worth to you?" But I'd definitely get the set and use the others for traders for only a few dollars more! Just my $.02 worth!

The most expensive pin I've ever bought was a Transformation of Master Gracey... I don't think I have to say anything else. :hatbox:

The most expensive pin I've ever bought was a Transformation of Master Gracey... I don't think I have to say anything else. :hatbox:

Thank you for making me feel good about spending just over $300.00 for a pin a year and a half ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back