• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Have you seen this Ariel pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen this Ariel pin?

Merryweather

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
408   0   0
I found this on a CM lanyard in WDW last December. A search on pinpics with "Ariel puzzle" did not help much.

View attachment 4420

This Ariel pin seems to belong to the same family as

Pin 25742: Alice Puzzle Piece

The back only says
@Disney
Made in China

Any thoughts?

I cant seem to find it, but I did fine these two. #529
pin529
pin13922
I think it may be a fake. The one you have has the purple coloring of the first run...but the expression of the second run...also if you look at the left side the half circle that is supposed to go to another piece is the wrong shape. I would put a scrapper warning on the 529 pin.

attachment.php
pin529

The background is not purple, it is silver actually. Somehow it came purplish in the picture.

It looks rather old to be fake in my opinion. The shape is similar to

pin10536
Pin 10536

There are a couple puzzle sets that are listed, that are marked as unauthorized. [pinpics]62036[/pinpics] and [pinpics]62046[/pinpics] Like they were designed, but never produced, and this could be a similar thing. But there might be a small chance that it was released in Japan or something. But I would lean more to unauthorized.

Without knowing for sure I would not list it at unauthorized. I think unless you have some sort of proof or personal knowledge the best you can do is POSSIBLY unauthorized. You know what people say about those that assume....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back