• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Heads Up about Vinylmation Trading at WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads Up about Vinylmation Trading at WDW

LuvSimba

Just can't wait to be king....
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
If this has already been discussed, I apologize and mods, if in the wrong area, please move.

Heard from sources today at WDW that I believe this Thursday is the final day for trading Vinylmations at WDW.

It would make sense then why there is no vinyl part to this September's Pin event.

Interesting. Someone I know was told at DL that Feb. 5th was the last day for vinylmation trading there, but I was waiting to hear confirmation.

Say it isn't true! I love trading in the park. I was really sad when they limited the trading spots to one per park.

At WDW at the pin traders downtown today I saw a couple trading. They had about 30 vinylmations for them to chose from behind one of the registars.

This is very sad. Vinylmation's at one point were going to be the next new thing. Guess they're not making enough money on them. I will buy very few from now on

^ There haven't been that many to buy that I've seen. They have been pulling them out of park stores at DL for months. When I was there last week I really didn't notice any for sale at all and I was in plenty of the "collectibles" stores.

^ They'll probably just change out the window display eventually. D Street is really just the "guy store" to DTD's Vault 28 "girl store". The focus of the store for the last year has mostly been Marvel and Star Wars stuff - they'll probably just spread that stuff out more.

This is very sad. Vinylmation's at one point were going to be the next new thing. Guess they're not making enough money on them. I will buy very few from now on

They would have if they didnt flood the market with them. cutesters / cupcakes / wrestlers / medieval etc all those random ones that had nothing to do with disney were not needed.
all the trade boxes were filled with those and no one wants to trade for those. Its like seeing a board full of scrappers. But the down side is you dont get too see them before you trade. well most of the time.

^ There haven't been that many to buy that I've seen. They have been pulling them out of park stores at DL for months. When I was there last week I really didn't notice any for sale at all and I was in plenty of the "collectibles" stores.
There are still quite a bit. they have taken out the not so popular vinyls and they are now at the outlets and CM stores.

Does this mean that D Street in DTD will be going away?

They will still be getting the LE sets and regular sets. the whole back wall of the store is vinyls so is behind the register and a little in the front in those buckets they put out.

Honestly most of the time the trade boxes were filled with junk and some scrappers.
Also it seemed like a burden to most CMs when you asked to trade. But some loved to help you get rid of a double and find something from the set that you are missing.

With the Dstreet box being the only one left i might as well just buy full cases now and sell the extras.

Disney killed their own product by doing too much too soon. Vinyl figures are popupar right now (see Kid Robot and Funko), but they horribly mismanaged Vinylmations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back