• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello from DaMouse in Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from DaMouse in Chicago

DaMouse

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi everyone!
I am new to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself.
I just recently returned from my first trip to WDW and found it hard to resist the pins all around me.
I purchased about 40 pins on my first trip and just found out how large the pin trading community is. There are way too many pins to play catchup with, but I plan to focus on a few characters and/or holidays and go from there.
I plan to selectively add to my collection and figured what better place to get started.
There seems to be great trading etiquette and a wealth of information on here so I am really excited to join and hope to make many friends on the site and perhaps some real world encounters on future trips.
It's great to be on board and I only lurked for a couple of days!
DaMouse:wavey:

Welcome to the forums!

Most folks pick a few themes to collect anyhow, rather than trying to collect everything... which is very difficult. So its a good idea to focus your collections, otherwise it gets pretty expensive. Well it gets expensive anyway... okay I'm rambling on now. :lol: Welcome to the world of pin trading!

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I realize I have a lot to learn just browsing for the last hour or so, but everything seems to be explained in a very user friendly manner.
I will be focusing on Sorcerer Mickey, Steamboat Willie and Star Tours for now. I did manage to pick up the 2013 Halloween 5 pin set so might go with some Halloween too. Can't leave out Christmas... This is going to get expensive!! Lol!
Thanks again everyone!

Yeah, I focus my collections quite a bit; but despite sometimes cutting back on what I collect, I do randomly start adding other themes after a while. There's just too many great pins out there.

Anyhow I wish you luck in finding the pins you want. :)

Hey there! :wavey: Welcome to the forums! Feel free to PM me anytime, just to chat or if you have any questions! Good luck with your new addiction! :D

Hey there, welcome!! Great to see another Chi-town person! I'm from the burbs but we had to move earlier in the year. So what are you collecting?

Hi everyone!
Quote: "So what are you collecting?"
I really like the Sorcerer Mickey, Star Tours/Wars and the old Steamboat Willie pins. I didn't find too many of the Steamboat pins at the park (only 2), but I did find more of the other two.
I really am into holiday items, so I did pick up some Halloween, Christmas open ended pins as well as a few Food & Wine LEs. Pretty much whichever pin I really liked, so my focus is already out-of-focus!;)
I've seen quite a few nice pins offered hear and in some collections especially the Piece of Disney Movies History ones! Those are really nice and I may have to look into those.
Too new and too much to choose from to have a a real focus.
Thanks again everyone for a warm welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back