• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello from Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from Florida

joslp84

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone. My name is Josh. I'm originally from Chicago but have been in South Florida since 2000. I found this site on my search for Disney's Sketchbook Ornaments.

I just started my collection late last year and have a lot to catch up on. I won't be getting them all of course but there are plenty that I'm eyeing. In the process I also found, and bought, my first pin set. I got the three piece set with Pinocchio (with the donkey ears), Jiminy Cricket, and the Blue Fairy.

Aside of those pins and sketchbook ornaments my collection is very minimal. I have a Mickey Mouse plush that I bought this past December when I went to Chicago for the first time after 16 years. It's one that is exclusive to Chicago. I also have the matching ornament.

I'm very excited to see what they come up with this year.

Last edited:
I've been reading through some of the posts around the forum. I've never thought about collecting pins before until now that I purchased the Pinocchio set I mentioned above. What is the best way to get into these? Where do I start and how do I know the values of each and so on?

Hello and welcome to DPF :roll:
As AvatarAng1 told you, create an account on Pinpic to get started, it's a great site with all Disney Pin's ^^

Thank you, everybody. I have checked out pinpic and I will definitely be going back.

I found one that I really liked but when I found it on eBay it was selling for over $200. I will not pay that much for a single pin. Way too much money for a single pin.

Welcome welcome!

And yes, the first part of the game is setting limits on what you'll spend on a single pin. ;P more than likely, $200 is far too much. XD

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hi and Welcome! As far as finding pins for sale or trade, check out on the Forum page here at DPF: "Pin Trading" and Pins Wanted/For sale"

Also, we are lucky to have members who live near WDW, Disneyland (CA) and DLParis that will do pin pick ups. Another source of pins is in the "Pin Games" section. For a flat fee, you can win some awesome pins.

As others have stated, Pinpics is great to catalog your collection, Wants and Trades.

Best of luck and hope to see you around!
Christine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back