Hello from Georgia!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by amandamonium06, Aug 9, 2018.

1. amandamonium06

amandamonium06 New Member

0   0   0

Hello, I am new to Disney pin trading and to the forum. I did a little pin trading when I was a kid during the 1996 Olympics, but I haven't done any pin trading since. Now I am introducing the experience to my kids when we head to WDW in September, I'm so excited!

I am looking forward to getting to know all about pin trading Disney pins from all of you. :)

krand1276 likes this.
  2. Haunted575

Haunted575 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Welcome! I live near Savannah now but back in 1996, I lived in Atlanta and got to enjoy the Summer Olympics. I went to a few events and it was pretty amazing. I have an Olympic Christmas ornament, an Izzy something or other, but no Olympic pins. I’ve made up for it in Disney pins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    108   0   0

Hi and Welcome! Any particular character or movie you want to collect?

amandamonium06 likes this.
  4. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Aloha and Welcome! Have you given any thought as to which character(s) and/or theme(s) you might want to collect?

5. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

6. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    119   0   0

Hello and welcome!

7. amandamonium06

0   0   0

I'm partial to Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid, in fact the one pin that I had planned to purchase just when shopdisney.com ran out was Pin Pics #120483 so I'm in search of that. But I also love Pinnochio and anything Figaro. My daughters are in search of anything Stitch or anything that is a cat, lol. But mostly we are just looking for anything that strikes our fancy.

Are you from HI? My husband grew up in Kailua.

krand1276 likes this.
  8. amandamonium06

0   0   0

I'm partial to Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid, in fact the one pin that I had planned to purchase just when shopdisney.com ran out was Pin Pics #120483 so I'm in search of that. But I also love Pinnochio and anything Figaro. My daughters are in search of anything Stitch or anything that is a cat, lol. But mostly we are just looking for anything that strikes our fancy.

CCofRR13 likes this.
  9. amandamonium06

0   0   0

That's awesome that you still have those things! We had our pins for quite a while but lost them in a robbery many years ago. Now we are starting fresh!

10. D1sn3yL1f3

D1sn3yL1f3 Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

That's so exciting that you are getting your kids into it. I don't have any kids yet, but I love when a kid comes up to me and wants to trade. They get so excited and it makes them so happy. I always let them pick whatever they want, I mean because come on...they are a kid :)

11. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Welcome! I love Figaro too! I have some extra cat pins. Maybe we can trade some time!

12. dancecats

dancecats Administrator Staff Member DPF Administrator

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I completely understand how that goes. I would suggest picking one character or theme to collect, especially when considering a theme with as many pins as BatB, TLM, or Stitch (especially if you might want to become a completist). Do a search for any of those themes on Pin Pics: you'll see how many pins come back and you'll understand what I mean. And when you start looking at the pins that are out there, it might make it easier to decide what you want to collect.

13. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

I know you weren’t directing that toward me, but I was born and raised in Honolulu. :stitch: My parents still live there and go out to Kailua a couple of Sundays a month for brunch.

14. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Hey. Welcome to DPF again. Best of luck with all you decide to collect. I hope you get the sparkling pins you like. Make sure to do a post or look around here to get help with finding one. It will not be hard or take long. Lots of good people here that are always willing to help and will look out for each other.

15. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    376   0   0

16. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Welcome to the forum!

17. Amy

Amy New Member

0   0   0

Hi! I also live in Georgia just south of Atlanta!

18. JP2018

JP2018 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Welcome! There are so great Beauty and the Beast pins out there!

19. Palancar

Palancar Pinpics: Palancar

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Welcome to the forum, great bunch of people on here. Enjoy your trip, be sure to go to Pin Traders in Disney Springs and if any like dinosaurs eat at T-Rex’s there. Our grandkids loved it.

20. arielsdinglehopper

arielsdinglehopper Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Welcome to DPF!

21. Blurkishgirl

Blurkishgirl Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Hello and welcome. Love Georgia, we moved a little over 2 years ago to California from Alabama.Miss my sweet tea;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk