• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello from Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from Orlando

Cnyr

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi! I've been using DPF for a few weeks now and figured I really should introduce myself now that I've traded, bought, and gotten advice from several people on this forum.

I am Yilin. I moved to Orlando earlier this year and completely got sucked into the alternate universe known as Walt Disney World. I have two kids so we go to the theme parks a lot. I got into this hobby after doing PinQuest at Magic Kingdom.

I find pin collecting and trading very fun. Love chatting with the people that I meet along the way. The main downside so far is that my husband thinks that I've gone mad.

I like collecting pins with the Pooh characters, steamboat willie, Up characters, Lilo and stitch, and cute animals (like Sven, the Brave bears, the Cinderella mice, Chip and Dale). I also like pins from Japan with cultural details, and pins with representations of actual buildings or landmarks within WDW. I don't collect a lot of princess pins but I do love the ones with a lot of pretty details (esp BatB and Tangled).

Looking forward to participating more in the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your collections sound great, and it sounds like we have some themes in common!
As for your husband thinking you've gone mad - any chance you might get him hooked too? This is a great hobby to share.

Welcome to the forum :)

My pinpics id is pinsforall and I was planning to post something on the trading thread once i get it updated.

Also, my wants list is sort of overrun with Stitch pins just because of the sheer number of Stitch pins out there. But Stitch only makes like 10% of my collection.

I will post a note here once I update my collection on pinpics later this week.

Piglet - I've been trying haha. No luck so far though. Told him I wanted a pin for my birthday (any pin, he can choose) and it was like torture for him to browse for pins in the stores and on eBay!

A very happy welcome to the forums, Yilin! :fig:

The main downside so far is that my husband thinks that I've gone mad.

As for your husband thinking you've gone mad - any chance you might get him hooked too? This is a great hobby to share.

Piglet - I've been trying haha. No luck so far though.

If your husband thinks you're going mad, maybe you could start him on a Mad Hatter or Cheshire Cat collection. You know, ironically. :rofl:

Lol. If I start gifting him pins, I think he'll get really *mad*

Cnyr - my hubby is right there with yours! The thought of gifting him a pin reminds me of the Simpsons episode (a pretty early one) where Homer gives Marge a bowling ball for her birthday, because he knows she won't use it, and then he'll have himself a new bowling ball. :lol:

Hi and Welcome! While my husband and sons are not traders, they do have their own collections. So hubbie doesn't mind my hobby since he gets some cool Star Wars pins out of it.

Hi everyone! Great to e-meet other Stitch collectors. I've often wondered what the appeal of Stitch is. I didn't love the movie - it was well done but a little on the depressing side since Nani and Lilo really weren't coping well for much of the movie. For me, the story was too similar to the stories of actual struggling families I guess (I used to be a social worker). I haven't watched the sequel yet. That said, I love stitch because he/it reminds me of little kids - destructive/immature but so endearing and always responsive to love and kindness :)

LadyBarclay - love that Simpsons story! I can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back