Hello from Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DeputyDonald, Jun 20, 2018.

1. DeputyDonald

DeputyDonald Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Hello from East Texas,

I’m a former SoCal AP who fairly recently became a Texas transplant due to the high cost of living. My wife and I have been living here approximately 2 years now and while we absolutely love and consider it home we do miss being conveniently close to DLR/DCA. One year that we were APs we went 295 times in a single year. Now that was a good year!

Since we only get our Disney Parks fix about once or twice a year now that we’ve moved out of state I figured joining the DPF that we’ve admired from afar for years would be a fun thing to do.

My wife is a teacher and I work in Corrections/Law Enforcement and we met through volunteering at a local youth group in the small town we grew up near.

Already having only been on this forum for a few days I’ve already been able to make one trade and have attempted many more. I’m looking forward to contributing to this forum and enjoying Disney information and productions shared in these threads.

Thanks for reading! My pinpics ID is DeputyDonald if anyone is interested in trading.

-Sean

Sami, coblj003 and krand1276 like this.
  2. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

From one Texan to another - Welcome!

Enjoy the madness!!

[​IMG]

DeputyDonald likes this.
  3. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Hi!

What type of pins are you collecting?

4. DeputyDonald

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Haha, well I’m a die hard Angels fan as is my wife, but I do often root for the Astros when my Angels aren’t in town visiting Minute Maid Stadium. Every time I go back home to visit family we always go to the Angels stadium to watch a game. It’s our tradition.

[​IMG]

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  5. DeputyDonald

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Hi! I mostly collect Donald Duck, Scrooge McDuck, Darkwing Duck, BATB, and Alice in Wonderland and my wife collects Disney Princesses- mostly Snow White, Dumbo, Rapunzel and Stitch and anything to do with Disney Castles or celebrations like the 60th/Diamond Anniversary, Disneyland Decades and Year of a Million Dreams.

I’m also interested in Pin Trader’s Delight pins.

Currently trying to complete sets for:
    -Nesting Dolls
    -Disney Ducks hidden mickey
    -California Adventure Tile Murals
    -Princess Cameos
    -60 Diamond Celebration Mystery Pins

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    slbrabham likes this.
  6. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

Hello and welcome! I have the most recent scrooge PTD for trade if you don't already have it!

DeputyDonald likes this.
  7. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

Hi and Welcome!

DeputyDonald likes this.
  8. DeputyDonald

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I definitely need that Scrooge. I checked pinpics and didn’t see any matches for us but if you find one in my trader’s list you like then let me know.

If not if there’s one you want from DLR/DCA I can have my sister try and get it or if there’s anything from Box Lunch you’re wanting let me know. Let’s see if we can make a trade. Thanks for letting me know. I’ve been looking for that Scrooge I have it as one of my grails on my want list.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  9. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Welcome to the forum!!! I hope you're able to find a lot of good pins here.

(And also lowkey commenting to say go Gators in the CWS ;) )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeputyDonald likes this.
  10. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    337   0   0

Welcome:lgm:

DeputyDonald likes this.
  11. Palancar

Palancar Pinpics: Palancar

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Can not beleive I missed this, Welcome to the forum from a now neighboring state Louisiana.

DeputyDonald likes this.
  12. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I’m married to a SoCal transplant. Dragged him to North Dakota. Texas sounds like quite an adjustment too!

DeputyDonald likes this.
  13. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

A big welcome from (kinda) far West Texas. I live ~40 miles from El Paso.

Also, I have some of the hm ducks and tiles for trade.

DeputyDonald likes this.
  14. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

If you can find a way to get fresh whataburger here to me in California, I will gladly buy, steal, or horse trade anything I own to get your pin. Lol. Welcome to DPF and good luck with your collection.

Ps. Eat as much blue bell ice cream with your whataburger. Great Texas stuff is good together.

DeputyDonald likes this.
  15. DeputyDonald

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I love Blue Bell Ice cream. It’s the best! I’ll gladly trade you Whataburger for In N Out. And “Fresh” Whataburger is an oxymoron. Only In N Out makes their food fresh. They literally won’t even build an In N Out unless they can guarantee daily fresh product delivered to their stores. It’s true I promise. Haha.

Whataburger is good too I’m just partial to In N Out due to my upbringing. I will admit the Whataburger rootbeer shakes and patty melts are extremely tasty.

16. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

In N Out is an excellent burger. We get them on every visit to the in-laws and I am sold. Their fries are pointless though.

17. KT07

KT07 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

What the heck. You are wrong my California friend. Lol. [​IMG] They also use never frozen beef. The difference is they actually give you some beef, unlike the tiny patty in & out uses.

18. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

Hello and welcome to the forum!

DeputyDonald likes this.
  19. JP2018

JP2018 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Wow, 295 times in one year! Really getting the value out of that pass :D