• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello from the UK :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from the UK :D

Humps91

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hellloooo
I'm a 22 year old designer from the UK called Em :)
I am new to the pin collecting world :D I picked up my first two pins in Disneyland Paris on my first trip earlier this month (aged 22......). It was a great place and I am super keen to get involved in pin trading :D

I look forward to chatting to you all and hopefully trading in future!!

Hello Em and welcome to the Forum! You'll find lots of like minded people here; so read away, ask questions, get stuck in :)
Which pins did you get? I was just in Disneyland Paris in December, I love it there too!

Thanks Jennisney :D hooray for fellow UK I hope you are not flooded!! And thankyou Vickichip7 :) I bought the Minnie 2014 Pin and the Star Tours attraction pin :)
This forum has been super helpful already, pretty sure I picked up some scrappers (I think thats what theyre called) and so when they arrived today I've immediately requested and received a refund :) Hard to know where to buy other than the parks :( xx

Hiya welcome to the forum! I'm 21 from the UK too, I got hooked after my only trip to disneyland last year.

If you need any help id be happy to try and help if you shoot me a pm

Thankyou AgentofAnarchy, I am already planning my next trip :D Just ordered one of the limited edition Snow White Mirror Pins to get me started :D The big sets are pretty tempting but payday isn't until next week :mad: xxx

Hiya, I'm from the uk and I'm 23. I mainly started collecting on my last trip to wdw. It's so easy to spend loads of money on pins.. Hope to trade with you someday

Awhhhh this is so nice everyone is so lovely :D:D Nice to meet you all kind of!! Hopefully trade someday :D (when I have more than 2 pins!!!) xxxxx

Thanks :D I am excited! I do actually have a question I need somewhere to keep my pins, what is the best thing to keep them in and where can I get one :D xx

Thanks :D I am excited! I do actually have a question I need somewhere to keep my pins, what is the best thing to keep them in and where can I get one :D xx

I put my pin on a canvas board, you can paint on it before you put the pins on and it looks lovely. Others use pin boards as in the wooden ones that you can stick notes on, or you can buy a Disney pin trading bag from a disney park or on ebay.

Hello!
I'm also in the UK, there are quite a few of us! My pin collection was inspired by DLRP too, when I was reading up on what there was to do there as I hadn't been for many years! Now I can't stop and I've moved on to the LE dolls too...
Do you have any favourite characters or pins you'd like to collect?

In answer to your question, you have quite a few options depending upon how you'd like to display your pins (and how much space you have! ). I have a pin bag I got from the park for my traders and pins not on display, you see these on eBay sometimes too but usually in the States. I display my favourite pins on boards, decorated stretched canvases and in shadow boxes, if you want some ideas then have a look through the forum as there are quite a few threads about storing/displaying pins, look in the pin showroom too!

Hello!
I'm also in the UK, there are quite a few of us! My pin collection was inspired by DLRP too, when I was reading up on what there was to do there as I hadn't been for many years! Now I can't stop and I've moved on to the LE dolls too...
Do you have any favourite characters or pins you'd like to collect?

Ohh I love the LE Dolls I would buy them all if I could!! I think my favourite characters are Stitch, the Cheshire Cat, Pascal, Ursula and Maleficent! Oh and anything to do with the Lion King, Fantasia and Pochahontas :) This will probably become more refined as I get into the pin collecting I think :)

Yay another uk pin collector welcome to dpf did you know there is a pin meet coming up in fareham in march its a fantastic place to trade and make new friends don't know date or time yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back