• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello! Maggie's introductory post! Ooohhh! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Maggie's introductory post! Ooohhh! :D

magzct

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I thought I'd introduce myself! I'm a pin trading newbie, I might've bought maybe one pin last time I was at WDW, but I wasn't very into it. I'll be doing the Disney College Program in the Spring, however, so I thought that pin trading would be a fun, compact way to make memories and get some souvenirs.

I don't really know what to go for... it seems like many people collect either movies/characters or sets (or both?). I think completing sets sounds really hard, and like a good challenge, but is it doable just within the park, or would I have to try buying online? (This is just one of the millions of questions I have about pin trading, haha.)

Maggie

Welcome Maggie! This is a hard decision as there are so many options out there. Not sure what I could tell you here without taking paragraphs, but you can learn alot from this site:)

Hello and welcome!

Completing sets isn't probably doable just by buying in the park but might be doable by trading with other pin traders in the park (I wasn't sure what you meant by just within the park.) Probably not by only trading with cast members, though. Many, many pins aren't made anymore, so you have to find other traders who have them to trade with, or else buy online. It can be a fun challenge though!

I collect my favorite movies and characters, and even within those, I only collect the ones I really like the look of. Go with whatever your tastes dictate, that's the fun of it! :)

If you don't have an account at pinpics.com, it's really useful to set one up. You can see what pins are out there and you can match up to other DPF members to see what you have that they want and vice-versa.

Good luck! :)

Vixy- Thanks for the advice! I've looked at pinpics for reference, but haven't set up an account yet!

Hm, well, I really like Kim Possible, but pinpics says that there are only about 10 KP pins out there! Haha, so maybe I won't collect those, but just get one Kim and be okay. :) I love a lot of Disney movies, so I can't wait to start collecting some of my favorites! :bigthumb:

tumblr_m49n9yS9IA1rwourzo2_500.gif

Hi Maggie and welcome to the forum. Speaking from experience as a CP at MK, don't worry about pin trading as you will have time to do it. Plus you'll have access to CM exclusives and Cast Connection. Have fun and keep in touch with us here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back