• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello, my name is Steve and I have an addiction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my name is Steve and I have an addiction!

Sbaker44

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey everyone! As my thread title states, I'm Steve, and I've been collecting Disney pins for a couple years now. I actually used to live in Orlando area and went to Disney World constantly (for free because my girlfriend/wife worked there). We've since moved to the Houston area and we visit Disney at least once a year. I didn't get into trading pins until a couple of years ago when my wife bought me a starter set because I told her I had always been interested in starting. I don't usually buy big pins but I absolutely love trading in the parks. The last couple of trips I've spent more time checking lanyards than riding rides. I'm a big Donald Duck fan but I also like Star Wars and pretty much anything that catches my eye. Our next trip is in June and I can't wait to see what I can find. I've messed around reading up on stuff and this site seems like it's going to be a great resource going forward.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Ok, I have a question and didn't want to start a new thread for it. I see on Pin Pics and on here people identify pins using numbers. Where do these numbers come from? Are they just numbers Pin Pics has assigned to them? Or are they on the pins somewhere? Thanks for your help.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Ok, I have a question and didn't want to start a new thread for it. I see on Pin Pics and on here people identify pins using numbers. Where do these numbers come from? Are they just numbers Pin Pics has assigned to them? Or are they on the pins somewhere? Thanks for your help.

They are assigned by PinPics when submitted/approved to be added to the database. It's just a bit easier to list those numbers for finding pins on that site without wading through a lot of similar named pins during a search.

:)

It's exciting checking lanyards and looking for pins! I just started and I am in love with this hobby.

They are assigned by PinPics when submitted/approved to be added to the database. It's just a bit easier to list those numbers for finding pins on that site without wading through a lot of similar named pins during a search.

:)

That's what I thought. Thanks!

It's exciting checking lanyards and looking for pins! I just started and I am in love with this hobby.

Our next trip is June and I can't wait. Though I'm now nervous that I've been trading for scrappers this whole time so I'll have to be more careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back