• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

hello, new to pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, new to pins

blondolphn

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I am new to Disney pins. I have gotten a few freebies from the Disney movie club. Still learning about them. I am hoping to start this hobby for my two year old daughter. Any tips would be appreciated.

Welcome to DPF! There are SO many Disney pins, don't get overwhelmed and collect things that mean something to you and your daughter and enjoy.

I started this hobby for myself and my little ones. My daughter is 18 months and I collect Bambi pins for her. She picked out a stuffed plush of him last time she was at the parks and attached to him. My son is only 6 months so he doesn't really have anything.

Just do some reading on scrappers and fakes, that's my best advice to a new collector. It's a really fun hobby but it's addicting!

Thanks for the tips everyone. I had done some reading on scrappers and counterfeits. I am still on the fence on them since I can see them having a nice spot in a personal collection, however not being fair when trading because of the value of those pins compared to the real ones. Since I am not sure when we will make it to Disney (I've never been) we have time to slowly grow the collection.

My favorite Disney movie growing up was the Little Mermaid. My daughter fluctuates between what she is obsessed with. One day we are watching 101 Dalmations 3 times in a row, the next Good Dinosaur. So I think she would appreciate a little bit of everything right now.

Also, I found some of the fb groups that sell pins. I've been seeing pins for $3 to $5. Is there a reason why people would sell pins for less than retail or is there a good chance these are scrappers? Trying to do research to become educated, but my baby is making sure to keep me busy.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome to the DPF family.

In regards to your questions below , there are a number of reliable Disney pin Facebook pages available. The admins should be able to assist you with questions on those pages. They are usually good about getting back to members who message them with any comments, questions or concerns. Just remember, when purchasing ANY pins, payment should ALWAYS be as GOODS, to protect yourself. Plus, the individual Facebook pin page rules and procedures should indicate that.

My concern for you is, EBay. Personally I caution you from purchasing any pin lots from sellers. I would say nine times out of 10 there are fake and scrap pins in those lots. Usually, hidden mickeys. One needs to be cautious. make sure the seller has 100% feedback score and will refund your money. If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to contact us here on the forum. The long time members have All been in your shoes.

Happy pin collecting!!

Also, I found some of the fb groups that sell pins. I've been seeing pins for $3 to $5. Is there a reason why people would sell pins for less than retail or is there a good chance these are scrappers? Trying to do research to become educated, but my baby is making sure to keep me busy.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

They have done great starter sets online if you're looking to expand and start out. I would say stick to things you really like and look for those, they really do have something for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back