• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello one, Hello All !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello one, Hello All !

TheFluffyMeister

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there everyone!

I just started getting into pin trading after finally caving into it on my recent Disney visit, so now I'm out to collect a few of my personal favorite characters. With my avatar, I'm sure everyone can tell, Winnie the Pooh is high up on my list of wants :)

I hope I can get along with everyone here!

Of course you can. This forum is made up of some of the most awesome people in trading, well I think so anyways. Welcome and feel free to ask any questions!!!

Just a quick question guys. How exactly do you find a pin# of a specific pin? I look around the pin, and there's no indication of the # anywhere on the actual pin?

If you are referring to the pinpics number, those are numbers assigned to each pin by the pinpics staff. They are not offiically associated with Disney, so their number will not be found on the pins or any material that came with the pins (backing cards, bags, invoices, etc).

As for finding a pinpics number for a particular pin, that is a skill that you will learn to develop in time. You will have to learn to use the search feature on the site. At first, I could not find anything on that site. But you start to pick it up pretty quickly. Also, you can ask us. We love looking up numbers for people in need. :)

Last edited:
Hello Fluffy,

I am someone who likes to look up numbers but most of the other members on the board are much faster then I am. I have found it to be very easy to look for a specific pin in the "My Pin Pics" screen. And just give some specific characteristics of the pin for example where its from, who is on it, what there doing ect. It comes in real handy when you are looking up a bunch of one character like pooh. Or who ever.

Last edited:
Alrighty, cool! Thanks for your help guys (and gals) :) I was lost thinking all my pins were fakes or something. Is there things we should watch out for on those too? I know it has to have the Disney stamp on the back, but it must be a real art to pick the fake ones out, huh?

Some of the fakes are pretty easy to spot, however, some are more difficult. This forum is full of info on what to look for. Check the "Pin Comparison" area for plenty of info on how to spot fakes. :bigthumb:

hello and welcome. everyone here is real helpful and friendly so hope you enjoy it. try the live chat sometime. maybe we can trade sometime. let the pinsanity begin. trudy.

Oh man, after reading the comparisons pages, I feel like almost all the pins are fake now! *paranoid*

Is it safe to conduct trades over Pin Pics? I noticed that it's connected to this site, and is very easy to navigate!

Oh man, after reading the comparisons pages, I feel like almost all the pins are fake now! *paranoid*

Is it safe to conduct trades over Pin Pics? I noticed that it's connected to this site, and is very easy to navigate!

Didn't you say you got your pins from disney after a recent trip? If you bought them all their and they have backer cards, you know they're legitimate. If you bought big mixed packs off of ebay (BEWARE cheap pins!) Or you traded for pins off of lanyards, you might have some fakes but you might also have some real ones. The biggest tell for me is on the bag of the pin, if there is a pattern of mickey heads all over the back, the pattern should extend of the sides of the pin. If there's a clearly defined border you have a scrapper. Just post the pins you have questions about in the comparisons forum and have the experts take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back