• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

disneydreamer

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
My name is Barbara, and I'm from Michigan. I just happened upon DPF last week and decided to join. I wasn't sure, though, whether to introduce myself or not because I've never done any pin trading. I started buying Disney pins back in 2000 when I discovered Ebay. I told myself I was only going to buy pins related to my favorite Disney movie, and characters from, Sleeping Beauty. Well, it didn't take long before I was derailed and became swayed by so many varieties of "pretty" and "cute". It was really only in the last year or two that I finally got more control over myself again and am finally back to buying just Sleeping Beauty related pins. All I can do is sigh when thinking of the extra funds I would have now if I had only stuck to my original plan!! LOL In the last few years I've tried selling some of my pins on Ebay from time to time with varying degrees of success. Since the economy went sour, so did my pin selling. I'm done with selling on Ebay now since they keep raising their fees and making it tougher and tougher on sellers. Sorry for the long story, but suffice to say, I have a ton of pins. Sadly they aren't organized in any way, but I was thinking that I might try selling some pins since I see other people doing it in a thread here. If I do, I hope there's something that you all might like. I wish I could be more into trading, but since I'm steering clear of everything except Sleeping Beauty, there's not much that I would trade for. I posted the following in another thread, but I'll try and post it here too. There are a couple of pins I'm definitely looking for. I hope someone can help.
pin79972
pinpics # 79972 DisneyStore.com - Halloween 2010 Villains Mystery Set - Maleficent Only. I would be willing to trade my "A Tale As Old As Time" Disney Auctions 5 pin set for this Maleficent pin. They are brand new and each pin is still in their package as I received them from Disney Auctions.

pin38231
pinpics # 38231 DLRP - Married Princesses - Aurora - Variation

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Aloha Barbara and Welcome! :wavey:

I wish I had the pins you are looking for, but unfortunately I don't ... but maybe someone here will - and more importantly, will trade them to you. Best of luck tracking them down and acquiring them. :)

Thanks so much, everyone, for all the friendly welcomes and good wishes!! I've enjoyed reading many of your discussion posts and learning a little more about what goes on here. I never would have known about the 9" Maleficent Vinylmation ds.com release if I hadn't found this site. I stayed up till they went on sale around 3:30 AM on Monday and was able to get one!

Barbara,
Welcome. I've got family up in Traverse City so am heading north from Cincy a couple of times a year. I'm still in that new collecter phase, so would be interested in a possible purchase when you've got things organized. Welcome and enjoy.
Bill

Howdy, Barbara! I know how "pretty" and "cute" can tempt a collector. I'm glad you have returned to your original focus on Sleeping Beauty. There are certainly lots of gorgeous Aurora and Maleficent pins out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back