• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

LuvallDisney

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
My name is Anjeanette. I am an avid Disney (Orlando) theme park hopper and have bought a few pins over the years. Nothing to speak of. My Aunt Kay was however an avid pin trader and was a member of DVC and others which she frequently took trips on Disney cruises and resorts all over the world. Thanks to Disney she had a wonderful fun filled life. Sorry to say she passed away about a year ago and her children did not want anything so I grabbed all the Disney pins and other Disney souvenirs. I did not realize how many pins she had collected over the years. She had to them all stored away in bins. I brought home at least 10 bins full of pins and such... She has doubles, triples and multiple of pins with lots of LE'S and frames with themed sets and on and on. So I am currently going through it all, sorting it and looking them up. I want to sell all the duplicates and keep at least one of everything. Any suggestions as to how to go about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to DPF! Sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you. I would start, of course, by going through each bin and finding out what you have. A good place to start would be PinPics.com or pintradingdb.com. and making a pins profile. I think PinPics has a more robust catalog of past Disney pins but either would work. You can sometimes gauge value from wants vs. haves on the website. Just because some may not have high wants, it does not mean low value. They may be just more 'focused' on a narrower type collection. Check your favorite auction site and follow sold prices. That should give you an idea. Get them sorted and organized and then take the next step. An easier way to do it is just send them all to me! :naughty: (did I just say that out loud?) Good luck with your work ahead. If you have specific questions about a single pin there is usually someone here that can give you insight.

Hello Anjeanette:
Welcome to DPF! You have found the best spot around for help with your enormous project. Sorry for your loss, your aunt sounds like she was a fun woman. Anyone who collects Disneyana is automatically fun in my opinion. Pinpics.com has an amazing database of pin pictures with ID numbers which makes trading/selling/buying so much easier. I'm a newbie collector and have found both this site and Pinpics very helpful. Best of luck to you & enjoy your Pin ID project.
Melissa

I have catagorized and organized these pins now for the last several months. I am still not done but have enough to at least put out there. I uploaded the photos to Snapfish with as much info as I could find and an idea of an expected price. Some pins were brand new and some used. I priced them accordingly. I did keep quite a few which I have also included in the photo's for those who where curious as to what I would keep. I still have much more not photographed yet and will eventually get to that but not until 2016. The only problem is where to post them. It seems I am unable to post in the sales section of the forum and I don'twant to violate any of the rules so where should I post the link to the Snapfish photos of my pins?... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Just read the rules. Figured it out I need to have 30 posts under my belt. I am not the best texter. I will try to meet the criteria. 30 is alot for me though. I am not even a big texter or facebooker so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back