• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

carinandstitch

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! My daughter is the main trader in the family, she'll be 16 in August and has been trading for a couple of years. She has expensive taste, lol, and prefers the Paris and Japan pins, so I have to watch her like a hawk on eBay! It's starting to rub off on me though, so I thought I would start learning a few things. We didn't plan on visiting WDW this year, until she found out about the Love is an Adventure event, so we are all prepared for that!

I'm glad I found this forum!
Carin

Hello and Welcome! There's so much to learn around here, and the people on this forum are great. The more you learn about the pins, the better you (and she!) will become at buying them on ebay. When I first really got into pins, I found a pin on ebay that I hadn't seen before, and (ahem!) may have bid a little more than it was really worth in my excitement. I think I was bidding against another person with a similar mindset. When another of the same pin showed up on ebay a couple of months later, it went for noticeably less. Ah, well. I still love the pin! What characters or themes do you two collect?

Hi and Welcome! My whole family has pin collections but I am the trader/buyer of the family.

Hello and Welcome! There's so much to learn around here, and the people on this forum are great. The more you learn about the pins, the better you (and she!) will become at buying them on ebay. When I first really got into pins, I found a pin on ebay that I hadn't seen before, and (ahem!) may have bid a little more than it was really worth in my excitement. I think I was bidding against another person with a similar mindset. When another of the same pin showed up on ebay a couple of months later, it went for noticeably less. Ah, well. I still love the pin! What characters or themes do you two collect?

She collects Beauty and the Beast, Marie from The Aristocats. I have a variety from Mary Poppins - Mickey. I need to find a lot or 2 to trade. I know it's hard to tell if you're getting real Disney pins on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back