• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello

JediThreepwood

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone. I am taking the kids to WDW fro the first time next year. Ages 4 and 6. I was poking around and saw the pins and lanyards. Do you think they are old enough to enjoy this. I don't know about trading but maybe buying some pins at favorite attractions. Thanks

Hi Jedi, and welcome! :)

To answer your question, I would say yes, that's a great age! The first time we tried pin trading, my youngest was 6 and he loved it! The best part for him was the instant gratification--ooh, a pirates pin, now I want to trade for that! Hey, sTar Wars? Now I want to trade for that! Was also a great activity for when he couldn't go on a big ride with his older brothers & sister, instead of feeling left out, we would go on a pin hunt. :)

Hope this helps & have fun on your trip!

Laura (lwrn2)

Aloha and Welcome! :wavey:

I absolutely think that your kids will *love* pin trading - and they're at a perfect age to start. IMO, the best way to keep a collection 'under control' is to have them pick a character or theme to collect instead of having them collect every shiny piece of metal with a pointy back attached that catches their eye. The great thing about pin trading is it's a hobby (okay, habit also) that the entire family can enjoy, so you may want to get a lanyard and pins for yourself as well and join them - you might find that this is something you can share with your kids to make the vacation that much more enjoyable.

If you have any specific questions about pins/pin trading, don't hesitate to ask - we're a friendly group who will be happy to answer them for you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back