• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!!!

DizRunner

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi! I'm a Disney nut who loves just about everything Disney. I do buy at least one or two pins that jump out at me when I go to WDW. But I'm not really into collecting or trading.

I signed on here to ask a question for the experts. I posted it on another thread, but I'll go ahead and ask here.

I collect cast member name tags. I have about 80 different ones. Currently I keep them in little baggies in a drawer. I'd love to now display them and my first thought was in a pin bag.

Now I've never seen a large pin bag in person. So I don't know how large they are. The new WDW 40th pin bag has four pages to it. My thought is that a name tag is about the same size as two normal size pins.

Would a large pin bag with four pages hold about 80 name tags (160 - 170 pins)?

Thanks for any advice you could give.

And while I'm here I think I'll browse around to see what everyone's talking about. But all I can say is, please don't tempt me to start collecting pins. I don't need another Disney collection! :)

Since this is a place to tell about myself, I also collect old Disney albums\45 from the parks, along with old Super 8 films. Again, I don't need another collection. Ha!

Thanks again.

Regards,
Brian

Front and back? So it would be actually 8 pages? So is there something then that goes between each page so the fronts of the pins don't bump up against eachother?

If anyone has a link to pictures of how these bags operate, I'd love to see it. I guess I'm having a hard time picturing how these bags are.

I appreciate your help.

Brian

I will try and figure out how to upload pics of mine. Yes there are "protector" pages between each of the pin pages.

So this is a photo from one of my bags. This is the backside of one of the pages. There are a total of 8 when you count front and back. So I do believe that your pins will fit in the pages. With mine there is a zipper compartment like in the photo I provided and there is another zipper compartment right behind it that is a large empty compartment that you can use if you have a binder filled with pins also. That is what I do with mine. If you want more photos pm me or just leave a message on here wanting more photos.
P8220007.jpg

Last edited:
Forget pin bags. They are not designed for this, and are cumbersome and a pain to work with. It might seem silly, but these are really the best way store your tags...

pages.jpg

Remove the brooch fastener from the back of the nametag. slide the tag into one of the slots on page on a page and seal the top of the slot with some clear tape. These pages are acid free so the plastic will not yellow, and the tags are protected from dust and scratches. Store the pages in any large three-ring binder.

I usually use those pages for my nicer pins to put in the notebook. I got mine from a comic book store they had 100 pages for $10. Going back on Thursday so that i can get more of them.

Forget pin bags. They are not designed for this, and are cumbersome and a pain to work with. It might seem silly, but these are really the best way store your tags...

Remove the brooch fastener from the back of the nametag. slide the tag into one of the slots on page on a page and seal the top of the slot with some clear tape. These pages are acid free so the plastic will not yellow, and the tags are protected from dust and scratches. Store the pages in any large three-ring binder.

By removing the brooch fastener, you devalue the badge by changing it from it's original condition. I would not recommend this. As an antique buyer and seller, everything sells for more if all the pieces and parts are original. This rule applies to pins also. I'm just making a suggestion. You everyone - please do not hang me!!!

I would have to agree with Margaret. Do not take off the fastener best way to do it is take the backing off slip the badge in poke the back of the pin (the part where the backing would go on) through the plastic of the holder and then put the backing on the stub thingy. If you want photos let me know and I will post what I have and how I did it.

Yes, RumsGone. If you could post pics, that would be very helpful.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I really appreciate it.

I'm still leaning towards the pin case, though. I think my nametags would look really nice for display with a black\blue background. I don't ever plan on selling them or taking them out. So once I put them in, they'll stay.

Again, I'm just leaning that way. I could still be persuaded elsewhere if I see pics.

Thanks again.

Sorry it has taken me so long to post these to you. But these 3 photos are the front back and side views of my binder to give you an idea of a easy way of showing of nicer pins or a way to show of your name badges. :) Also if you want jewelry bags are amazing to hold pins also. If you want an idea of that I can show you mine. I have various bags of various sizes. I will not be home today till late tonight but will be checking my email so if you want to see the jewelry bags let me know and I will post them tomorrow. Also sorry about you seeing me in the photos and my hands.

Photoon9-4-11at744AM3.jpg

Photoon9-4-11at744AM2.jpg

Photoon9-4-11at744AM.jpg

Last edited:
I started doing the baseball card holders cause as you can see some have cool backer cards and usually you can get something if you have backer and it was a tough fit with the Mickey backing in the slot also and I had went on a trip to the parks and I saw someone who had done that and I loved the idea.

Aloha Brian and Welcome! :wavey:

First, I completely agree with Margaret - I wouldn't remove the broach fastener at all. It just would devalue the pin and change it from the way it originally was.

Second ... and I'm just making a suggestion here (but you *did* mention that you wanted to *display* your collection, right?) so have you looked into options that would allow you to actually display the tags instead of just putting them away? When I think of pin bags, I think of having pins put neatly away instead of properly put on display. When I think of pins on display, I think of cork boards (which I can't see working with your type of pin backs), shadow boxes, or individually designed frame jobs (the latter two possibly could work nicely with your name tags, I think). I'm not saying this is something you have to do and I apologize if it complicates the situation, but I thought you might want to consider this as I think it'll make for a much nicer display.

Oh and Laz, I use the method of pinning traders inside baseball card holders all the time (and I have for years) - it works fabulously!

Hey everyone. Wanted to let everyone know that I did get a nice WDW retro large pin bag. (Probably made for the 40th anniversary.) And it's working out great. Perfect size. And wonderful for displaying my nametags.

Forgot to mention...I'm just caught the bug for collecting Pop Century pins. This is the resort where I stay when I go down every other year to run. It's my home away from home. So I thought I'd get back on here to get thoughts and post wants for some Pop Century pins.

I'm not a trader though. I only buy pins that hold some sort of sentimental value. So I only have about 15 - 20 pins.

New to this forum. I have been out of trading for a bit, but looking to trade for some HGs or possibly unload my collection (traders and keepers). In the past, I collected: Fire, HM, Disneyland signs, attractions, Club 33, cats, bunnies, PoC, Castles, Stitch, Walt Quotes, E-Tickets, Cooking, Maleficent, Chernabog, Villains, GWP Map sets, and Working days. I primarily have older pins, LE, DA, CM with a rack scattered here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back