• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HELP! I need help about a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP! I need help about a trade

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
Recently, I made a trade with someone I have traded with twice before, both times have gone off without a hitch. This time, we traded:

My [pin]80499[/pin]

pin80499

For their [pin]76898[/pin]

pin76898

We mailed off at the same time, and we both requested that the pins be
in perfect condition and on the original Disney card

Mine was straight out of the Halloween three back, never unwrapped and never removed from the plastic bag it arrived in, and I told them that. It was unused, never removed from it's card, straight from DS.com. It arrived today and the e-mail I got was disheartening as I try to be as up front with all online transactions as possible:

After looking at the pin I see why you only committed to it being in "unused condition" rather than perfection condition because the pin is far from perfect. I wish you had let me know.

I am always hesitant to say Mint or Perfect because my definition could and usually is different than someone else's. Could I have done something different? How should I try to fix this, especially as I do not know what they mean about "far from perfect" as I have not heard back from them.

DS pins have quality issues from time to time. If you had never opened it you wouldn't have seen it, but I think this set specifically had issues with chalkiness and small scratches. You could offer to trade back but my hunch is that the person will keep it anyways because I'm sure most of that pin are the same.

Exactly, what erudolf said. I did get two of that set and while I have seen worse, both lady bugs were not in a condition that I would call perfect. A lot of small scratches.

Due to the recent quality issues I'd never trade a DS.com pin without having a look at it first. That's the only thing I think you could have done different, look at the pin first. "Never removed from pack" may sound good for the older pins, but it's not something I'd risk now.

Wait until you hear back what's wrong and then offer to trade back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back