• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

(Help) November Couture De Force

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Help) November Couture De Force

Esmeraldo

Finest boy in France
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this isn't the first thread I've made about these, but I need your help. According to most of the websites that had them listed, the release date for the new series of Couture De Force figures, specifically, Esmeralda, is the 15th...which is today. I NEED to get Esmeralda, so does anyone have any suggestions? Will my local Hallmark have them in? Do they get new ones in right away? Is it a first come first serve sort of thing, or will I have to order online? The only websites that have her lots listed are sketchy online stores, and I don't feel comfortable ordering from them...the hallmark website doesn't have her up yet either. I've never bought one of these before, especially not the day of a release, so sorry if these are stupid questions...but I'd really appreciate any advice or information you guys have!

I am not an expert on these by any means, but here's been my experience:

More than likely, a Hallmark won't get these on the exact day of release. It's not impossible of course, and I've also never paid very close attention to release dates with these. I see these more as a slow trickle into retailers. The good news is that I have NEVER had difficulty obtaining one that I want. Most retailers will have more than one, and people aren't exactly lining up at the door to buy them, especially for a character like Esmeralda. If your fear is them immediately selling out before you can purchase one, alleviate yourself of that fear right now, I guarantee you that's not the case. If your concern is getting one as quickly as possible, then I'm afraid I'm not of much help.

Whoa, her preorder is sold out on BBTS! Is she going to be hard to get? I've never seen a preorder for these sell out there before, yet she and Jafar both are. Hopefully she does so well Disney is inspired to release more Hunchback merch. I do find these Enesco figures hit stores later than their release dates though. (I'm waiting for the Tiana Grand Jester)

A couple of websites I checked list her release date as December, so I guess the times vary depending on the retailer. If the preorders are sold out now, I imagine plenty more will come in later, as older enesco waves seem to be a bit commonplace. Maleficent and the princesses are all over amazon and I see them at my barnes and noble whenever I go. Granted, the rather hefty price tags probably dissuade the majority of people from buying them when they see them in the store, and those are more popular characters.

Agh thank you so so much! I had no idea you could order them straight from Enesco, I'm totally ordering her first thing tomorrow! Seriously thank you!

I had checked my local Hallmark yesterday, nothing, and today I even called another one that was in driving distance, and the lady had absolutley no idea what I was talking about. "Essemurelda?" :rolleyes:

Glad I won't have to wait for a store to get her in now. I'm beyond excited to get this figurine, you have no idea how long I've been hoping for more Esmeralda/Hunchback merch in general. Between this and the sketchbook ornament from the Disney Store this year, I'm really happy.

Thank you guys again!

I know what it's like when the rare statue or merchandise comes out. Got to have it!
Take photos when she comes in, it looks like a really nice statue.

Didn't have a chance to post these pictures due to being busy with Thanksgiving and such (hope everyone had a good one!) but she came in last week, and she is BEAUTIFUL. Easily one of my favorite pieces in my entire Disney collection. Here she is!

9005E9BE-508B-4BA4-AFC6-44E7A3828BAD_zpslhywmulf.jpg

CC45CBD2-FCF8-4958-B01E-B8E6DAA6380D_zpsaqmdckd8.jpg

D641B286-CF63-450C-ACA1-6757107E1A8C_zpsltssq8jq.jpg

A3E7443C-28B5-45DE-A962-7D40366DDEB2_zpsoui7faqr.jpg

AB3BB1D4-9803-49AA-932B-EF51D3EA7A14_zpsep0au2ku.jpg

4E4FBFFC-566E-4C66-869C-6D83707BE306_zps2kehycmo.jpg

9FE276EF-C33B-4B93-8AA4-0BEBCA1F827A_zpshjlpooba.jpg

The detail on her really is just amazing: the patterns on the dress, the actual (not real, obviously) gems on her tiara and headband, the glitter added to her ribbon, it all just looks so nice. The sculpt, man, this sculpt is awesome. For one, I love the pose they put her in. It really captures her personality to me and she looks great and true to character. Also the hair, especially the back of it, looks just perfect. The paint work is for the most part neat and clean, the only real problem on mine is, as you can see in the pics, that one of her eyes looks a little sloppy. In person though it's barely noticeable, and it isn't even THAT sloppy anyway, so I'm not bothered. And I didn't take a picture, but the bottom of the figure has printing that says "Esmeralda - 20th Anniversary Figurine" which I thought was a nice touch.

If you're a fan of Esmeralda, or just The Hunchback of Notre Dame in general, this is a must have. I could not be happier with this figurine, she's just perfect.

And thank you so much ImNotBad, for giving me the link to her on the shop! I probably wouldn't have came across the if it weren't for you (I was looking on their business site, where retailers order them) so seriously, thank you!

She really is gorgeous! Congrats on getting her; it is so special when a favorite character gets some merchandise love, and the rarity and beauty of this figurine makes it even more magical. :D

She's absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for posting pictures, I was so on the fence about her.

Very glad you were able to get her! I know how awesome it is to find a character that they don't often make merchandise of!

I certainly know what it's like needing that rare piece when it comes out. I'm happy to help and glad you were able to get her. It looks really cool. I like the pose and the clear scarf and how the dress is posed flowing. This whole series has had many fun statues. Maybe they'll make Couture de Force dolls next :anxious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back