• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help on timeless tales pin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help on timeless tales pin...

Mickeyplutofan

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So I just bought the timeless tales emperors new groove and I have a few questions on it's legitimacy.

I have the lion king one I bought in the park that I'm using to compare.

So first of all the pin with the cover is LOOSE like it wiggles freely.

The back Mickey pattern is exactly the same so idk.

2e6fc7197a3e57e5354f97f2fe23af7e.jpg

Then, she has like an aura kind of thing around her that's throwing me off.

Also both pins have the same FAC number... is that usual??
7f4d5f0fdeb370546c5dc799c61723ec.jpg
(top is lion king)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These pins were RIDDLED with quality problems. I mean, seriously. Every time I picked one up, I probably had to go through about 3-4 just to find one with the least problems. To my knowledge, they haven't been counterfeited (and it would be a lot of effort to do so), so it's probably safe. Just got a wiggly hinge, hahah!

~Merlin

These pins were RIDDLED with quality problems. I mean, seriously. Every time I picked one up, I probably had to go through about 3-4 just to find one with the least problems. To my knowledge, they haven't been counterfeited (and it would be a lot of effort to do so), so it's probably safe. Just got a wiggly hinge, hahah!

~Merlin

Phew!! Thank you! I only have my one Lion King one which I had to get from behind the counter and it's like... perfect so I had no idea they were kinda low in quality.

Phew!! Thank you! I only have my one Lion King one which I had to get from behind the counter and it's like... perfect so I had no idea they were kinda low in quality.

Yeah, they were pretty bad. Lots of weird color / gloss problems especially. I think the UP one was the worst off, if I remember.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yeah, they were pretty bad. Lots of weird color / gloss problems especially. I think the UP one was the worst off, if I remember.

Meh. I really like this series and I regret not getting all the available ones while I was there (TLK and Tangled)

Meh. I really like this series and I regret not getting all the available ones while I was there (TLK and Tangled)

The series was really neat! And pretty unique for Disney. They were pretty pricy though XD

However, a quick look at the Evil Bay shows most of them selling at or below cost. :3 so you might still be able to snag them!

The series was really neat! And pretty unique for Disney. They were pretty pricy though XD

However, a quick look at the Evil Bay shows most of them selling at or below cost. :3 so you might still be able to snag them!

That's where I got ENG from. Only $15.99, probably why it was so cheap @the hinge lol.

Hahah! Yes probably. More than likely the leftovers were pulled and sold to cast members for cheap, which is why they're popping up now. But what was left were all the ones I said I didn't want because of errors. XD

I bought a few tangled ones directly from the park and the color of the cover varied on one of the ones I chose not to purchase it was even a quite light pink! The consistency was certainly not present.

I suggested to my parents to buy the Alice in Wonderland TT for my daughter/their granddaughter for Christmas. It was purchased at DLR in the Paridise Pier Hotel gift shop by my dad (calling me on the phone to make sure he bought the right pin). Since receiving the pin, my daughter probably opened the pin 4-5 times at the most. About 2 weeks ago the hinge on one of the sides totally broke while my daughter was opening the pin. So disappointing. I am going to try to take the pin back to DLR.

I have one of the tangled TT pins and it also has quality issues with the hinges. The panels don't line up correctly. I agree with the assessment nice/pretty pins, but riddled with problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back