• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

HELP PLEASE... BEST WAY TO TAKE PIC of PIN ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP PLEASE... BEST WAY TO TAKE PIC of PIN ????

KT07

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sorry if i missed this info sum were.... I want to show a pin i have that is said to b all scrapped. When i use flash...there is a blur. if i use no flash. seems to dark.. Im sure some of you have good ways to do this. let me know the best and easy way. Thank you
KT

A couple of tricks I've learned:

-Use a separate light source (like a lamp) and turn off your flash. It's best if you can soften the light behind a screen or sheer cloth.

-Use the macro setting on your camera (the little flower symbol)- it's great for getting rid of blurs and focusing on small objects with detail (like flowers, jewelry, etc.)

-Sometimes, stepping away, then using your zoom works better.

-Also, it's sometimes better to tilt your angle a little, so you're not taking it head-on. This is especially important if you're using your flash.

A couple of tricks I've learned:

-Sometimes, stepping away, then using your zoom works better.

I do this quite often. Getting too close to the object (and hence blurring the image) is a mistake made quite often. Pulling the lens away and zooming is an easy fix. But keep a very steady hand when doing so. If you have a tripod, definitely use it.

Also keep in mind that you don't have to get so close that the pin fills the image. The camera image will be too large to post as is anyways, so cropping the image in a simple photo editing program will allow you to easily blow up the image. I do that as well on the pictures I post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back