• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help Please - Limited Edition Dolls, When to Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help Please - Limited Edition Dolls, When to Buy?
In response to the original question, it can be hard to time the market. There was a pretty predictable pattern in the past: initial hype and inflated prices, drop or stabilizing of the prices, and finally a gradual rise in price (as rarity kicks in). With the release of Frozen there are many new collectors and scalpers so it's hard to tell what will happen to values/prices long term. I don't think the November release Anna and Elsa dolls are going to drop much in price. They are two of the most beautiful dolls that I've ever seen. I don't see the March releases going up in price for a long time because it seems there are a lot of resellers. There are so many factors that can influence prices so your best bet is to prioritize the dolls you want, save up for them, and buy when you are ready. Don't mistakenly believe that if you don't get them all right this second, that you have missed out for good. Even the really rare ones like Harrrods Frozen and Alice are still available, they are just more expensive. If you want to build a collection you should at least wait until April/June when things seem to calm a bit. Good luck to those in Europe and the UK. I hope you are able to get your hands on Anna and Elsa!

You are always so pleasantly diplomatic with your rebuttals. Can I keep you.
Ok ok. On the subject why does this have to be a matter of fair vs. unfair. Life isn't always fair. Some people have jobs and cannot be awake on a computer at midnight or 3am instead of talking about how unfair it is , some people find a way to even the odds. Just my opinion.

I honestly think the Disney Store is trying to find a good balance. The November Anna and Elsa were available for longer in the UK (I know there were pricing issues). It was hard to be in the US knowing that the dolls were gone crazy fast and overseas people still could buy them. I remember watching everyone upset about the price increase and thinking that I would gladly pay a little more to get the set. This time there are less for the UK and it is unfortunate. I think the solution is not to worry so much and about who gets what, but to encourage the Disney Store to make larger edition sizes. If there were more to go around, this would be a lot easier on everyone. But would you want them as much? :)

I say good luck to everyone. If you are a clever person in the US who missed out on a doll, then you have every right to have a friend help you out. We should all embrace the friendly competition and remember that the end of the day, these are dolls. More power to honest collectors. I absolutely feel bad for those who are genuinely interested and unable to get the dolls. Those in Europe and the UK who are diligent will get their dolls. Good luck guys!

You are always so pleasantly diplomatic with your rebuttals. Can I keep you.
Ok ok. On the subject why does this have to be a matter of fair vs. unfair. Life isn't always fair. Some people have jobs and cannot be awake on a computer at midnight or 3am instead of talking about how unfair it is , some people find a way to even the odds. Just my opinion.

Get her the dolls already, just sayin :p

Hi I have read all the posts and I can appreciate everyone's opinion and points view. I am in Canada and all I am looking for is advice on how I may obtain any of the Disney designer collector dolls ( couples or individual dolls ). As a senior, who is not good with computers and limited ability to travel I need all the tips I can get. I am collecting for my granddaughter as my legacy and I can not afford some of the prices that certain websites are asking for. I look forward to your advice and have high hopes that you veteran Disney collectors can help me on my journey. Thanks!

Wow. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted! And I'm genuinely impressed at the thoroughness of the responses and kindness of the discussion. :)

I think for now I'll be keeping my eye out for a good deal on that Coronation Elsa doll. It sounds like there might be some hope of getting her at a better price.

If there were more to go around, this would be a lot easier on everyone. But would you want them as much? :)

Speaking for myself - absolutely! I'm in it for the doll, not the rarity :). But that's me.

Thank you again everyone! And I'll keep watching the post to see if there are any other thoughts :). Best of luck to all of you getting your dream dolls!

Hi I have read all the posts and I can appreciate everyone's opinion and points view. I am in Canada and all I am looking for is advice on how I may obtain any of the Disney designer collector dolls ( couples or individual dolls ). As a senior, who is not good with computers and limited ability to travel I need all the tips I can get. I am collecting for my granddaughter as my legacy and I can not afford some of the prices that certain websites are asking for. I look forward to your advice and have high hopes that you veteran Disney collectors can help me on my journey. Thanks!

I recommend becoming more familiar with the internet as this is the best way to find them. The best thing you can do is search via Ebay. Sometimes, you get lucky and find a good deal, especially if the seller isnt the most experienced one and hasnt titled the listing very well (ie it doesnt come up in as many searches etc).
You could also try websites like gumtree or craigslist, sometimes you get a lucky find there. Facebook has some disney garage sale groups, you can find items there too.

But these dolls are in high demand, so it is not always easy as remember EVERYONE is looking to grab them for a good price, unfortunately! And if someone can sell it for a high price, they will rarely sell it for less out of kindness...which I totally understand!

The best bet for future releases is to make sure you can be online at release time (or go to a store, but online is often easier), and manage to get one for release retail price.

Good luck on your search. I hope you can find the ones you want :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back